sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] FredoTools::ThruPaint - v1.3a - 20 Oct 16

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    331 Posts 102 Posters 610.7k Views 102 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • EarthMoverE
      EarthMover
      last edited by

      Next drink is on me my friend. Loving this plugin! Donated a little more than I paid for the new commercial UV tool as I think there are more features with ThruPaint. Although I think both tools together have great synergy.


      Clipboard01.jpg

      3D Artist at Clearstory 3D Imaging
      Guide Tool at Winning With Sketchup
      Content Creator at Skapeup

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • N
        numerobis
        last edited by

        WOW! incredible! 😎
        Thank You very much for your great work!!! ...once again.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • fredo6F
          fredo6
          last edited by

          @bagatelo said:

          What then would be the advantages or disadvantages from this Plugin for Plugin SketchUV done by whaat? May I have to try both to say something...

          SketchUV is much more powerful for real UV Mapping. You can export, map UVs and import back to have a professional work. ThruPaint is just a paint tool that handle texture continuity in predefined situations within Sketchup. So both are complementary.

          Whenever I can, I will check whethere they could be any incompatibility or conflict when applying texture in one and editing in the other.

          Fredo

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • lele_poggiL
            lele_poggi
            last edited by

            Simply the best!!!

            gsa | Gabriele Sacchi architetto
            http://www.gs-a.it

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • N
              notareal
              last edited by

              Another great tool! Thank you.

              Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • N
                nomeradona
                last edited by

                another mind blowing plugin.. thank you Fredo...

                visit my blog: http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • W
                  wolfy
                  last edited by

                  Fredo,
                  @thomthom said:

                  @unknownuser said:

                  @wolfy said:

                  I am getting a bugsplat every time when I try to apply a material to a newly created group.
                  If I create a group and paint it with the native SU bucket, sample that with Thrupaint and apply it to a different group I don't get a bugsplat. Weird.
                  Any ideas?

                  Wolfy,

                  Could you be more explicit.
                  Are you on Mac or Windows?
                  What do you mean by "newly created group"?

                  Thanks

                  Fredo

                  That sounds like the material applied is from the Material Library and not In Model. The bugsplat I mentioned in my Materials article. Did you trap for that?

                  Fredo and ThomThom,
                  Thanks for the replies. I mean "newly created group" as in the first group I make when opening Sketchup, and yes I am picking the material from the materials library. Is that not the correct procedure? Does the material have to be in the model for use with Thrupaint?
                  Can't wait to learn the ins and outs of the fantastic plugin Fredo! Your skills are amazing ☀

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • fredo6F
                    fredo6
                    last edited by

                    @wolfy

                    A few questions to help me spot the problem

                    1. Is the material a color or a material with texture ?

                    2. Does the crash happen when you paint or when you simply mouse over the model

                    3. Do you use the options "Paint Faces and Edges"?

                    4. Does it happen always, or randomly?

                    5. Are you on Mac or Windows and which SU version ?

                    6. Could you post the model (and the newly created group) in the forum so that I can see if I can reproduce it.

                    Thanks

                    Fredo

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • OxerO
                      Oxer
                      last edited by

                      Thanks you very much Fredo!! 👍
                      I have translated the plugin to spanish language, if you want i send it you by private message.

                      "The result is the end what is important is the process" by Oxer
                      http://www.oxervision.blogspot.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • W
                        wolfy
                        last edited by

                        @unknownuser said:

                        @wolfy

                        A few questions to help me spot the problem

                        1. Is the material a color or a material with texture ?

                        2. Does the crash happen when you paint or when you simply mouse over the model

                        3. Do you use the options "Paint Faces and Edges"?

                        4. Does it happen always, or randomly?

                        5. Are you on Mac or Windows and which SU version ?

                        6. Could you post the model (and the newly created group) in the forum so that I can see if I can reproduce it.

                        Thanks

                        Fredo

                        Hi Fredo,

                        1. I've used both and it bugsplats in both cases.
                        2. Crash only happens whilst painting.
                        3. I've tried with same bugsplat result.
                        4. It happens everytime I try to paint a newly created group. (the 1st one after opening a new model)
                        5. Windows.
                        6. I simply created a random shape each time to test/try the plugin, no materials in the model and picked material from materials library after I had invoked the plugin. Each random shape/model bugsplats when i try to apply a new material with the plugin.

                        When I pick a material already in the model the plugin works fine, it's when I choose a new material from the material library that I get a bugsplat.

                        Thanks for the feedback!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • L
                          leminilab
                          last edited by

                          I'm working with Curviloft and Thrupaint...

                          I think I'm gonna vote for you to be the next president of France...

                          • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
                          • "ThomThom rules!!!"
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • fredo6F
                            fredo6
                            last edited by

                            @wolfi

                            Just a few other questions, as I am unable to reproduce it (and apparently it does not happen for the first users of ThruPaint)

                            1. Which version of SU

                            2. After you use ThruPaint with a material in the model (so no bugsplat) and you try a material in the Library, do you still get a bugsplat?

                            3. do you get a bugsplat if instead of a group, you paint a shape at top level of the model, or a true Component?

                            Thanks

                            Fredo

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • W
                              wolfy
                              last edited by

                              @unknownuser said:

                              @wolfi

                              Just a few other questions, as I am unable to reproduce it (and apparently it does not happen for the first users of ThruPaint)

                              1. Which version of SU

                              2. After you use ThruPaint with a material in the model (so no bugsplat) and you try a material in the Library, do you still get a bugsplat?

                              3. do you get a bugsplat if instead of a group, you paint a shape at top level of the model, or a true Component?

                              Thanks

                              Fredo

                              Fredo,

                              It seems to work beautifully on my work computer. ☀
                              I will reinstall again and hopefully eliminate this bugsplat deal.
                              Thank you for your responses and I'll be sure to post my reinstall status.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • D
                                d12dozr
                                last edited by

                                Awesome, no, AWESOME plugin Fredo! Thank you for all your hard work making Sketchup better!!

                                3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                                http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • charly2008C
                                  charly2008
                                  last edited by

                                  It is wonderful that here in the forum are many talented Ruby programmers. Fredo, thanks a million for this additional excellent tool.

                                  Charly

                                  He who makes no mistakes, makes nothing

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Didier BurD
                                    Didier Bur
                                    last edited by

                                    @unknownuser said:

                                    I think I'm gonna vote for you to be the next president of France...

                                    And I'm candidate to be his prime minister 🤣

                                    DB

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • fredo6F
                                      fredo6
                                      last edited by

                                      NEW RELEASE: ThruPaint v1.0m - 14 Apr 12

                                      This update fixes a few issues found in ThruPaint and integrate the translation to Spanish - Spain (Oxer), Spanish - Latin America (Defisto) and Chinese (guanjin)

                                      See main post of this thread for more information on ThruPaint.

                                      See main post of FredoTools thread for download of FredoTools, which includes the script.

                                      Fredo

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • urgenU
                                        urgen
                                        last edited by

                                        ....O-O-O! ☀ thank you Fredo! 👍

                                        --pupil forever...------

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • W
                                          wolfy
                                          last edited by

                                          @wolfy said:

                                          @unknownuser said:

                                          @wolfi

                                          Just a few other questions, as I am unable to reproduce it (and apparently it does not happen for the first users of ThruPaint)

                                          1. Which version of SU

                                          2. After you use ThruPaint with a material in the model (so no bugsplat) and you try a material in the Library, do you still get a bugsplat?

                                          3. do you get a bugsplat if instead of a group, you paint a shape at top level of the model, or a true Component?

                                          Thanks

                                          Fredo

                                          Fredo,

                                          It seems to work beautifully on my work computer. ☀
                                          I will reinstall again and hopefully eliminate this bugsplat deal.
                                          Thank you for your responses and I'll be sure to post my reinstall status.

                                          Hi Fredo,
                                          Well the bugsplat continues on my laptop. I've installed the new version with the same result.
                                          Again, if the material already lives in the model it works just great. Only when a new material is applied using the plugin do I get a bugsplat.
                                          I've tried all types of shapes, groups, components, materails, you name it, all with the same result.
                                          I'm using the latest version of SU Pro, Windows 7 64 bit if that helps, and all your other plugins run perfectly smooth.
                                          Thanks again Fredo for your excellent work!

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • fredo6F
                                            fredo6
                                            last edited by

                                            @wolfi,

                                            It might be a conflict with another plugin, which you would not have in the PC at the office.
                                            Do you have any plugins dealing with materials or UV mapping?

                                            For this, ould you type in the Ruby Console Sketchup::Material.instance_methods.join("\n") and advise on what it returns.

                                            Thanks

                                            Fredo

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 16
                                            • 17
                                            • 7 / 17
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement