sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Steel staircase

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    32 Posts 17 Posters 3.5k Views 17 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • U
      unclewk
      last edited by

      @pmolson said:

      Free Time...What is that? πŸ˜•

      LOL. Lucky me, being a freelancer I still manage to squeeze some free time between projects to learn something new. πŸ˜„

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • C
        congellous
        last edited by

        @unclewk said:

        @unknownuser said:

        I wasn't being rude, if I was looking at your portfolio, unless you wanted to do the external steel detailing in my office I would wonder what your intention was.

        Thanks for your reminder, Stanley, next time I'll make sure I declare my "intention" prior to posting any image here, I'm sure this is stated in the forum policy somewhere.

        Hey if you want to model the emergency stair outside Tesco good for you I just wondered if there was a technical issue

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • U
          unclewk
          last edited by

          @unknownuser said:

          @unclewk said:

          @unknownuser said:

          I wasn't being rude, if I was looking at your portfolio, unless you wanted to do the external steel detailing in my office I would wonder what your intention was.

          Thanks for your reminder, Stanley, next time I'll make sure I declare my "intention" prior to posting any image here, I'm sure this is stated in the forum policy somewhere.

          Hey if you want to model the emergency stair outside Tesco good for you I just wondered if there was a technical issue

          Hmm... I'm sorry but I didn't get what you mean by "technical issue"? Didn't I mentioned it in my post that this is something I modeled and rendered when I was free?

          It's not illegal to model and render existing structures/buildings here in Malaysia. Also, this is not a project of mine so I didn't really disclose any sensitive data, if there's any, about the design in the model, which I shared in 3D Warehouse. Lastly, I believe no contractor will build a structural steel staircase solely based on a 3D model without fully annotated and authority approved construction drawings.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • N
            ninopiamonte
            last edited by

            Great render, πŸ˜’
            So you modelled it?
            Why duntio download from 3D Warehouse

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • C
              Cyberdactyl
              last edited by

              @unclewk said:

              Hmm... I'm sorry but I didn't get what you mean by "technical issue"? Didn't I mentioned it in my post that this is something I modeled and rendered when I was free?

              It's not illegal to model and render existing structures/buildings here in Malaysia. Also, this is not a project of mine so I didn't really disclose any sensitive data, if there's any, about the design in the model, which I shared in 3D Warehouse. Lastly, I believe no contractor will build a structural steel staircase solely based on a 3D model without fully annotated and authority approved construction drawings.

              I know where you're coming from. It has been "suggested" to me as well to not share work under construction and/or still under development. I understand the professional and commercial mindset, especially when the project is for a client or the work is sensitive to IP in some way. But for the most part, all the hand-wringing to not share models, especially screenshots or renders is a bit ridiculous.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • david_hD
                david_h
                last edited by

                @unclewk said:

                . . . so I modeled it during my free time..

                Free time?.😲

                If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • U
                  unclewk
                  last edited by

                  @ninopiamonte said:

                  Great render, πŸ˜’
                  So you modelled it?
                  Why duntio download from 3D Warehouse

                  Thanks, Nino.
                  Yes, I modeled it, 3D with SU is fun, no? πŸ˜„

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • U
                    unclewk
                    last edited by

                    @unknownuser said:

                    @unclewk said:

                    . . . so I modeled it during my free time..

                    Free time?.😲

                    Hi David. Uhhh... did I say something wrong? 😳 "Free time" = "leisure", no? Please excuse me if I didn't get it right as English is not my first language, but what I really mean is "I modeled it when I was free."

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • david_hD
                      david_h
                      last edited by

                      no...your English is fine, but the term 'FREE TIME' is so foreign to me anymore. i cant remember the last time I had free time to model anything πŸ‘ : πŸ’š

                      sorry if my little joke didnt translate very well

                      If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Bryan KB
                        Bryan K
                        last edited by

                        @pmolson said:

                        @unclewk said:

                        I modeled it during my free time

                        Free Time...What is that? πŸ˜•

                        That's my problem as well.

                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • U
                          unclewk
                          last edited by

                          @cyberdactyl said:

                          ...But for the most part, all the hand-wringing to not share models, especially screenshots or renders is a bit ridiculous.

                          Yes, I agreed, but rules are rules. For me, my job is translating the architect or engineer's design into drawings, so I don't think I have the right to "publish" any of my (paid) works without their approval. I guess the same rule applies to 3D modelers, too.

                          However, I don't think there's any rule in any part of the world which prohibits people from model and render an existing structure, no? Or else Google would be in big trouble with its 3D Warehouse. πŸ˜†

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • U
                            unclewk
                            last edited by

                            @unknownuser said:

                            sorry if my little joke didnt translate very well

                            no... no offense taken.

                            @bryan k said:

                            That's my problem as well.

                            Hi, Bryan.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                            Register Login
                            • 1
                            • 2
                            • 2 / 2
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement