sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] FredoTools - v4.5c - 24 Jun 24

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    463 Posts 123 Posters 836.5k Views 121 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • fredo6F
      fredo6
      last edited by

      @mingjae said:

      hi,

      can I copy paste only the FredoTools_CurviShear.rb only to the plugins folder and erase all other plugins from the FredoTools_Dir_12 folder?

      NO it won't work.
      But if you go to the Default Parameters dialog box of FredoTools, you can select which ones would appear in the icon toolbar and in the contextual selection menu.

      Fredo

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pbacotP
        pbacot
        last edited by

        I had Remove Lonely Vertices in my context menu. This has recently disappeared. Is there some trick to get it into the context menu?

        Thanks, Peter

        MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • fredo6F
          fredo6
          last edited by

          @pbacot said:

          I had Remove Lonely Vertices in my context menu. This has recently disappeared. Is there some trick to get it into the context menu?

          Strange,

          Just in case, go to the Default Parameters dialog box because this is where you can enable or disable the tools of FredoTools in the toolbar and in the contextual menu.

          Fredo

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pbacotP
            pbacot
            last edited by

            😳 I didn't realize it was under the FredoTools submenu... it used to be different right? Or am I imagining?

            Thanks for the help. Now I have this oft-used function again!

            MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • fredo6F
              fredo6
              last edited by

              @pbacot said:

              :oops: I didn't realize it was under the FredoTools submenu... it used to be different right? Or am I imagining?

              Thanks for the help. Now I have this oft-used function again!

              Well! It is like this because the real estate of the contextual menu is precious.
              But of course, it is less efficient.

              Fredo

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • A
                AsiaStarArt
                last edited by

                ☀
                谢谢你
                Thank

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • A
                  asaavedra
                  last edited by

                  Hello, I love Freddo plug ins, but I installed SketchUp 13 and these plug ins do not work ... you plan to make it compatible soon??

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Alan FraserA
                    Alan Fraser
                    last edited by

                    @asaavedra said:

                    Hello, I love Freddo plug ins, but I installed SketchUp 13 and these plug ins do not work ... you plan to make it compatible soon??

                    They do work. Update your Fredo6 Library file.

                    3D Figures
                    Were you required to walk 500 miles? Were you advised to walk 500 more?
                    You could be entitled to compensation. Call the Pro Claimers now!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • R
                      ruggero56
                      last edited by

                      Devo studiare tutto in inglese, Fredo!! Ma la installazione è stata perfetta! Complimenti e grazie! 😄

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        davi
                        last edited by

                        thank you very much!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • J
                          jumboojum
                          last edited by

                          Thank you so much sir 😍

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • T
                            tolson68
                            last edited by

                            Fredo,

                            I have installed Sketchup 2013 Make on a Linux instance and it seems to be working well. Unfortunately I have a problem loading FredoTools 1.2a. The error message I receive is:

                            Error Loading File C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2013/Plugins/FREDOTOOLS_Dir_12/__loader.rb
                            can't convert nil into String

                            I have tried disabling my other plugins to isolate the cause and then adding them back one at a time and when FredoTools is enabled I start having this problem. I'm happy to assist you in any tracing, since I'm aware that SketchUp itself is not supported on Linux. This is a brand new install and all plugins packages have been downloaded within the past 24 hours.

                            I am also encountering the same problem in Sketchup 8 on the same machine.

                            Kind Regards,

                            Tom

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • TIGT
                              TIG Moderator
                              last edited by

                              @Tom

                              Ensure that the SketchUp Plugins folder AND all of its contents [subfolders/files] have FULL Read/Write security permissions set.
                              On Windows existing contents typically adopt the settings of their parent.
                              Properties > Security > Edit... each user/group in the list > FULL... Apply/OK

                              On a MAC you need to deliberately tell the OS to apply the changes to contents.
                              On Linux it may be the same...

                              Also set Sketchup.exe to 'always run as administrator' [if you can] ...

                              Do you have that .rb file in the named subfolder
                              C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2013/Plugins/FREDOTOOLS_Dir_12/__loader.rbIf not, then it suggests you had limited permissions and the have not installed the files as you think you have...

                              TIG

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • fredo6F
                                fredo6
                                last edited by

                                @tolson68 said:

                                Fredo,

                                I have installed Sketchup 2013 Make on a Linux instance and it seems to be working well. Unfortunately I have a problem loading FredoTools 1.2a. The error message I receive is:

                                Error Loading File C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2013/Plugins/FREDOTOOLS_Dir_12/__loader.rb
                                can't convert nil into String

                                Tom,

                                Strange message. Not sure it is related to your Linux installation.

                                Could you check that the file __loader.rb contains a single line:
                                Traductor::Plugin.myplugin('FredoTools').effective_load

                                Fredo

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • T
                                  tolson68
                                  last edited by

                                  TIG, The __loader.rb does exist in the .../FREDOTOOLS_Dir_12/ folder and has it's permissions set to -rw-r--r-- and all other *.rb files have the same permissions.

                                  Fredo, The __loader.rb file does contain the line:

                                  Traductor::Plugin.myplugin('FredoTools').effective_load

                                  ...and nothing else.

                                  If I rename the 000_AdditionalPluginFolders.rb file the error appears to go away, which seems like an acceptable workaround. I am unable to use WebDialog for that add-on for somereason. All other WebDialogs are working, but that one just displays raw HTML, but does not generate any exceptions other than when FredoTools is loaded, curious.

                                  Thanks,

                                  Tom

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • T
                                    tolson68
                                    last edited by

                                    Fredo,

                                    I stand corrected renaming the 000_AdditionalPluginsFolder.rb did not resolve the problem, but it did expose a different/extended message:

                                    Error Loading File C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2013/Plugins/FREDOTOOLS_Dir_12/__loader.rb
                                    can't convert nil into String
                                    Error Loading File ZLoader__GhostComp.rb
                                    can't convert nil into String

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • S
                                      songkran77
                                      last edited by

                                      👍 👍 thank you very much

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • D
                                        dedmin
                                        last edited by

                                        favicon

                                        (screencast.com)

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • fredo6F
                                          fredo6
                                          last edited by

                                          @dedmin said:

                                          favicon

                                          (screencast.com)

                                          Very strange.
                                          Can come from 2 possible causes:

                                          1. MaxwellFire modifies the SU model and the texturing (does it?), and then ThruPaint or MaxWellFire script crashes when it is used (could be related to observers)

                                          2. or there is a more traditional plugin conflict

                                          Could you send me a model where you do the rendering, but just before you try to apply the TrhruPaint texturing.

                                          Fredo

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • D
                                            dedmin
                                            last edited by

                                            There is no model - just a simple rectangle, then push-pull to a 3D box.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 12
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 23
                                            • 24
                                            • 12 / 24
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement