sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Sketchup with handmade sketches

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    11 Posts 10 Posters 2.2k Views 10 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A
      andretbms
      last edited by

      Wow, impressive!
      I'd love to see what would happen if you manage to slap some color in there! 😄

      Again, very nice way to represent and ideia. Keep up the good work!
      Cheers

      André Thomé Barbosa
      Architecture and Product Ilustrator.

      Be sure to check my channel, plenty of SketchUp modelling videos and some tutorials.
      http://www.youtube.com/andretbms

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • mitcorbM
        mitcorb
        last edited by

        Hi, toponypy:
        I like these a lot, and I applaud your use of alternative methods involving a real world marking device. Keep it up. 👍

        I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Dave RD
          Dave R
          last edited by

          I like this very much. Good work.

          Etaoin Shrdlu

          %

          (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

          G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

          M30

          %

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • massimoM
            massimo Moderator
            last edited by

            Nice and interesting idea. 👍
            What I don't like:
            -the fallen verticals;
            -some of the "handmade" textures look low resolution;
            -the mix between "handmade" strokes and SU's "hard edged" shadows is a bit odd. Maybe you can give a watercolor effect (mainly in order to have some "shaky" edges) to those shadows as it was a watercolor finished with pen strokes.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • M
              Milo
              last edited by

              Very interesting ☀

              FaceBook

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • L
                Landie
                last edited by

                Tony. Hand drawn plans and elevs pasted on like this really work for me. Its a very efficient way of creating 3D concept sketches and to keep the whole design process moving. Its also an easy step to get hand rendering in there say with coloured pencil. Just use the SU edit in an outside program thing. I'd cut out the glass areas though.

                http://www.smithdimes.co.uk

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • orgelfO
                  orgelf
                  last edited by

                  very good idea !

                  your handmade textures work well with Sketchup wiewport style 👍

                  http://www.orgelf.com

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • simon le bonS
                    simon le bon
                    last edited by

                    I find out this study very interesting too.

                    Here is a first attempt (not very careful: just to visit the technique )

                    1)I have printed my window to draw on it. I had carefully fixed the light and shadows (without shadows on the ground) and have chosen the Isometric view with front face view before to print it. I have also fixed the size of the printed window in order to use my pens accordingly.

                    http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/Spendauballet/SketchUp/thWindow_0.jpg

                    2)I have made my cooking with Photo Match (rather than projected picture)(I am searching)
                    Re: before to use PhotoMatch (using it after, photmatch seems to be lost), I have used a style pen from DAVE R or at SketchUp Artists

                    http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/Spendauballet/SketchUp/thWindow_a.jpg

                    2bis) As you see I have used a simplified model, which keeps some depth geometry.

                    http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj245/Spendauballet/SketchUp/thWindow_b.jpg

                    I'm going to make other tries.

                    *simon

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Dave RD
                      Dave R
                      last edited by

                      Simon, that's very nice. I like the way that looks. It reminds me of a TA I had when I was in fine art school a hundred years ago. He did 3D constructions out of paper on which he drew in ink. The first pieces of his that I saw were some microscopes. They were made life size and from a bit of a distance looked real. He brought them into our drawing class to show and I thought we were going to spend the class time looking in microscopes and drawing what we saw. It wasn't until I got closer that I realized they weren't real.

                      Etaoin Shrdlu

                      %

                      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                      M30

                      %

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • bmikeB
                        bmike
                        last edited by

                        to the OP, i think softening up the shadows would make these things.
                        really nice as is, though.

                        mike beganyi design + consulting llc

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement