sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Freely rotate?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    12 Posts 6 Posters 1.0k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • 3
      3eighty
      last edited by

      Iam not a programer and never will be but I was wondering...If we can have the ability to freely rotate a whole view why can't we be able to freely rotate an object??? Just asking?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        d12dozr
        last edited by

        Like this new plugin Create image(rotate) by Sahi?

        3D Printing with SketchUp Book
        http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • jeff hammondJ
          jeff hammond
          last edited by

          i think he's talking about using a gizmo

          http://www.3dmax-tutorials.com/graphics/ico_rotate_gizmo.gif

          in which case, i'm pretty sure no one has yet made one successfully for sketchup.. i think thomthom is working on one though.

          dotdotdot

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • thomthomT
            thomthom
            last edited by

            I am making a gizmo system yes. But I'm not sure I fully understand this request. "Freely rotate" - as in rotate around multiple axis simultaneously?

            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • 3
              3eighty
              last edited by

              Yes, a Gizmo as in C4D will work, but I was thinking just click on the object and rotate on any and all axis...I do mainly 3d models and that is a great tool..A great example is Deep Exploration...Zoom In/Out, rotate....

              Looking forward to yours TomT

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • TIGT
                TIG Moderator
                last edited by

                Try this... '[Plugin] Free Rotate' http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?p=266561#p266561


                FreeRotate.rb

                TIG

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • W
                  watkins
                  last edited by

                  Dar TIG,

                  I get the message "The selected attachment does not exist anymore" when I try to download the .rb file.

                  Regards,
                  Bob

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • TIGT
                    TIG Moderator
                    last edited by

                    Try again...

                    TIG

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • 3
                      3eighty
                      last edited by

                      TIG....This is great...Exactly what I wanted... πŸ‘

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • thomthomT
                        thomthom
                        last edited by

                        Would this be better posted in a separate post under the Plugins section?

                        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • TIGT
                          TIG Moderator
                          last edited by

                          I have moved it and relinked... πŸ˜‰

                          TIG

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • thomthomT
                            thomthom
                            last edited by

                            πŸ‘

                            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                            Register Login
                            • 1 / 1
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement