sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] Edge Tools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    211 Posts 74 Posters 323.4k Views 74 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pilouP
      pilou
      last edited by

      Put file In V6 πŸ˜‰
      It's better for everybody! πŸ˜„
      An image ist sufficient! πŸ€“

      Frenchy Pilou
      Is beautiful that please without concept!
      My Little site :)

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • R
        rumcajs
        last edited by

        Thanks to great plugin. It is something that i looked for, just it misses something.

        I have a REQ to update/upgrade.

        This is what I did:

        http://i47.tinypic.com/6sqpnd.png

        (the light red lines are original locations of the diagonals, which I tried to remove. You can see I succeed to removed only two).

        I had a scull which contains triangles and I wanted to reduce the triangles, so that I want to remove the diagonal of the rectangle shape area. Therefor I select two lines which are nearly parallel and the diagonal. Then I clicked the green colinear icon. It works to flat the edges onto one plane, so I can delete the diagonal. But if I want to correct the next area, then the previous area will generate diagonal... Here I am where I was on the start. Could it be possible to define the area (select faces), which is already fine and I won't be touched? So the edges of that face won't be touched?

        This is the point what I miss. A possibility to limit the edges to move (=forbid some edges/faces to move) and/or possibility to define angle, in which it can be moved.
        My original idea, before I found this thread was to have a definition plane, such as it is in the Fredo Scale tools (the Stretching with orientation of scaling box). So if you would have such orientation plane, you could define, where the plane should be moved (angle& position). Purpose of such plane is to define position and angle of the plane. Something like Fredo already did in his great Fredo Scale tools (they are good for control, and that is what I like and therefor mention here as good example). The plane needs only one direction to move, and this would define axis perpendicularly to the plane. I expect that the angle possibilities are defined by the selected tool and the differences between selected edges (so in my case, when I have 3 edges, only two angles are possible to infer - just an assumption).


        head 17 middle line corrected on eye center .skp

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • R
          rumcajs
          last edited by

          OK I attached file to previous post of mine. But I think the image is sufficient, and if you think it is not, then install fredo Scale tool, because the Stretching tool + twist tool, is enough to get inspiration.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • beginnerB
            beginner
            last edited by

            ThomThom,
            Really good plugin.
            You can appreciate it if you work with AutoCAD files.
            Thanks πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

            Regards, SU 'beginner'

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • J
              jorge2011
              last edited by

              Thom, if I when be able use the new toolbar "architecture"?. πŸ˜„ thanks

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • thomthomT
                thomthom
                last edited by

                @jorge2011 said:

                Thom, if I when be able use the new toolbar "architecture"?. πŸ˜„ thanks

                Soon my friend, soon! πŸ˜„

                Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • J
                  jokewalker
                  last edited by

                  @dedmin said:

                  Capture.PNG

                  Hey all,
                  Just installed 2.0.4 and am seeing this pop up again. Any simple fixes to make this go away?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • TIGT
                    TIG Moderator
                    last edited by

                    Did you get-and-install the TT Lib that was linked on the download page ?

                    TIG

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • J
                      jokewalker
                      last edited by

                      TIG,
                      I did have a version of TT_Lib2 in the Plugins folder already, but went ahead and re-downloaded/installed per your suggestion. Seems to be working now. Thanks!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • S
                        sarkarshomit
                        last edited by

                        Thanks ...very useful for me....

                        Shomit,
                        India

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • thomthomT
                          thomthom
                          last edited by

                          @jokewalker said:

                          @dedmin said:

                          [attachment=1:6l2q4qpb]<!-- ia1 -->Capture.PNG<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:6l2q4qpb]

                          Hey all,
                          Just installed 2.0.4 and am seeing this pop up again. Any simple fixes to make this go away?

                          Sounds like you extracted the content of TT_Lib directly in the plugins folder istead of preserving the TT_Lib2 that contains them.

                          Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • M
                            Mra
                            last edited by

                            thomthom, sweet script. However i'm having problems with one of your tools.

                            The "Split faces into multiple pieces" doesn't seem to work properly on this face;

                            http://i.imgur.com/At0My.jpg

                            I can't give you the full scene though (NDA) and when I just paste this piece into a new sketchup scene your tool works. Any ideas? πŸ˜„

                            Exploding object doesn't work either. The axis is at default place in the world at 0,0,0.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • thomthomT
                              thomthom
                              last edited by

                              @unknownuser said:

                              I can't give you the full scene though (NDA) and when I just paste this piece into a new sketchup scene your tool works. Any ideas? πŸ˜„

                              Can you save a copy of the model - erasing everything else - purge the model, then send it to me?

                              Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • M
                                Mra
                                last edited by

                                Hi Thomthom, today is another day, so after I turn on the computer again, it seems there is no problem on the same piece of mesh anymore. Something must've been corrected when restarting SketchUp. Perhaps I ran into a bug by somehow? But anyway, thanks for your offer to take a look. If it ever happens again, I will try and get some reproducible steps.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • thomthomT
                                  thomthom
                                  last edited by

                                  Ghost in the box. πŸ˜„

                                  Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                  List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • E
                                    ErikLiu0801
                                    last edited by

                                    thanks a lot.
                                    i'm not good at english but i still want to say thanks for your sharing.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • bobpineoB
                                      bobpineo
                                      last edited by

                                      Thomthom,
                                      Using this plugin again today on another very large autocad import, can't tell you how grateful I am for your plugin!

                                      Bob Pineo, Design Develop LLC http://www.designdevelop.org.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • thomthomT
                                        thomthom
                                        last edited by

                                        πŸ˜„

                                        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • G
                                          gina
                                          last edited by

                                          HELP !
                                          It doesnt work for me. i'm using su 8, and at the beginning of load screen a message box appear saying that theres an error from loading the edges tool plugins.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Dave RD
                                            Dave R
                                            last edited by

                                            What is the exact error message?

                                            Etaoin Shrdlu

                                            %

                                            (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                            G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                            M30

                                            %

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 9 / 11
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement