sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin][$] Tools On Surface - v2.6a - 01 Apr 24

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    638 Posts 203 Posters 1.8m Views 202 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • mitcorbM
      mitcorb
      last edited by

      Do you have the current LibFredo file in place, or does that matter here?

      I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        davidheim1
        last edited by

        @mitcorb said:

        Do you have the current LibFredo file in place, or does that matter here?

        Yes. Current LibFredo file is in place. I even downloaded LibFredo Dir_34, even though I have Dir_35 installed. Arrgh!

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • D
          davidheim1
          last edited by

          Finally got it! The ZLoader_Onsurface.rb file needed to be pulled from the TOS folder.
          Thanks for all your help.
          dh

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • fredo6F
            fredo6
            last edited by

            @davidheim1 said:

            Tools on Surface is enabled. But the plug-in still doesn't appear. I really don't know what to do. These fredo6 plug-ins always give me fits.

            David,

            Your unzip operation does not work properly and that's why you have problems.

            For Tools on Surface, you should have only 4 elements in the Plugins directory:

            • folder LIBFREDO6_Dir_35
            • file LibFredo6.rb
            • folder TOS_Dir_16 (and not Tools on Surface....)
            • File ZLoader__ToolsOnSurface.rb

            I suggest you remove all other files.

            Fredo

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • fredo6F
              fredo6
              last edited by

              NEW RELEASE: Tools on Surface 1.8a- 12 Jan 11

              This is mostly a new release in relation with the migration to LibFredo6 3.6 and to small SU8 issues.
              There is no functional evolution, but it is advised to upgrade when you can in order to get a better support with up-to-date code. You will also get the two-phase loading in this version.

              You will need to migrate to LibFredo6 3.6 or higher

              Please see main post for download

              Fredo

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                DIEGO-RODRIGUEZ
                last edited by

                Hi Fred.
                These days I've been using your plugins for drawing and detect some problems.

                be possible to fix these problems?

                Greetings, and thank you very much for all his contributions

                [flash=800,600:3ftgvrq6]http://www.youtube.com/v/sE-FrqpMwfc&hd=1&fs=1[/flash:3ftgvrq6]

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • H
                  Hexmeister
                  last edited by

                  Life saving stuFF!!! ☀

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • D
                    d12dozr
                    last edited by

                    I'm having trouble with the arc tool, the arc has some kinks in it, please see attached picture and SU file. Am I doing something wrong?


                    Capture.JPG


                    TOS question.skp

                    3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                    http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Dave RD
                      Dave R
                      last edited by

                      I don't think it is you. I get it, too. Yours is selected. The ones above it show the problem to varying degrees. The one below it doesn't seem to have a problem, though. strange.


                      TOS Arc.jpg

                      Etaoin Shrdlu

                      %

                      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                      M30

                      %

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        d12dozr
                        last edited by

                        Yeah, it seems the problem gets worse the farther around the surface you go...I just wonder if there is a setting that I am missing or a workaround

                        3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                        http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • D
                          d12dozr
                          last edited by

                          Ah, fredo explains the problem in the documentation...it happens when the arc is so shallow that the centerpoint is off the surface (see attachment)

                          If anyone knows a workaround, I'd love to hear it


                          From the documentation...

                          3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                          http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • L
                            lytk
                            last edited by

                            such an useful script, thanks for your post

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • dereiD
                              derei
                              last edited by

                              Possible bug? TOS acts strange when I try do traw over group. It works fine on raw geometry, but on group I have strange projections. See the attachments.


                              Tools On Surface - drawn on group


                              Tools On Surface - drawn iniside group (on face)

                              DESIGNER AND ARTIST DEREI.UK

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Dave RD
                                Dave R
                                last edited by

                                I didn't think it was supposed to draw on groups or components.

                                As a work around, though, you could open the group or component and draw your lines. Then select them and use Edit>Cut. Close the group and use Edit>Paste in Place.

                                Etaoin Shrdlu

                                %

                                (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                M30

                                %

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • TIGT
                                  TIG Moderator
                                  last edited by

                                  @dave r said:

                                  I didn't think it was supposed to draw on groups or components.

                                  Quite!
                                  The clue is in its name - it's NOT called Tools_on_Group or Tools_on_Instance,
                                  So just draw ON a 'Surface' not ON other things........... 😒

                                  TIG

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Rich O BrienR
                                    Rich O Brien Moderator
                                    last edited by

                                    My version doesn't draw on Groups/Components?

                                    Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • dereiD
                                      derei
                                      last edited by

                                      Well, it looks I just used a plugin in an inappropriate way. Do I still benefit of warranty ? 😆
                                      I promise I won't do it again! 😄

                                      DESIGNER AND ARTIST DEREI.UK

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • pilouP
                                        pilou
                                        last edited by

                                        Tool Line on surface
                                        Does this extra line necessary when I want close the circumference?
                                        (so I must erase it after the close)
                                        tool_surface.jpg

                                        Frenchy Pilou
                                        Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                        My Little site :)

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • H
                                          hebeijianke
                                          last edited by

                                          @unknownuser said:

                                          ...

                                          I am a Chinese user
                                          When I use this plug-in
                                          The Chinese in the display area is not displayed correctly
                                          Can You check what is the reason


                                          QQ截图未命名0.png

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • fredo6F
                                            fredo6
                                            last edited by

                                            @hebeijianke said:

                                            @unknownuser said:

                                            ...

                                            I am a Chinese user
                                            When I use this plug-in
                                            The Chinese in the display area is not displayed correctly
                                            Can You check what is the reason

                                            I don't know. Apparently the translation in the lang file appears to be correct for "length" and "angle" at least on my version 1.8. Can you please check in ToolsOnSurface > Language Translation....

                                            Does the 'wrong' text means something in Chinese, and if so, what does it means?

                                            Is this the only occurence of translation problems?

                                            Also, do you use TOS version 1.8 or an earlier version?

                                            Thanks

                                            Fredo

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 31
                                            • 32
                                            • 1 / 32
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement