sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Tutorial] Smooth Animations from Sketchup - WIP

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Tutorials
    sketchup
    35 Posts 23 Posters 33.2k Views 23 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tinanneT
      tinanne
      last edited by

      WOOHOO!! Paul, I haven't read it yet, but just wanted you to know how excited I was πŸ˜‰

      Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
      AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

      Architectural Rendering

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • GaieusG
        Gaieus
        last edited by

        Hey Paul,

        I have already learnt something (about certain frames not rendering) but you just stopped at the most exciting part (let me not compare this to anything now... πŸ˜„)

        I think this will be a nice tut (although I don't have Adobe premiere but still a lot of things will most probably be useful in other programs, too).

        Gai...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • boofredlayB
          boofredlay
          last edited by

          Thanks Paul.

          http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • O
            otb designworks
            last edited by

            Thanks Paul for this.

            Almost all my finished product involves animations so I am sure I'll learn something here. You must have a lot of patience to export at twice your desired size! A recent export of mine was 9750 frames@29.97 and it took something like 41 hours and that was at 1024 x 768 which was also my finished size! Needless to say, I broke it up into a bunch of smaller exports , but still.

            Any reason why you use Tiff instead of PNG? I always thought PNG's gave you lossless exports with a smaller file size than Tiff.

            The one thing I fight more than anything else is the dreaded moire. I wonder if you have any hints, short of avoiding moire prone textures, to minimize the flickering weirdness.

            Thanks!

            Cheers, Chuck

            OTB Designworks is on Youtube

            6 core nMP, 32 gig RAM, (2) D700 GPU's, dual monitors

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • tinanneT
              tinanne
              last edited by

              This is great Paul! I'm starting a test run this weekend.

              Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
              AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

              Architectural Rendering

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • KrisidiousK
                Krisidious
                last edited by

                fantastic Paul... thanks.

                By: Kristoff Rand
                Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • O
                  otb designworks
                  last edited by

                  There is a remove flicker function in Primiere?! 8O

                  I have been using quicktime pro and fotomagico for my compositing and it is getting to be time to drop the $800 (ouch) for Premiere. And this remove flicker really works? wow.

                  Thanks Paul!

                  Cheers, Chuck

                  OTB Designworks is on Youtube

                  6 core nMP, 32 gig RAM, (2) D700 GPU's, dual monitors

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • N
                    not registered yet
                    last edited by

                    wow, I had no idea animation from sketchup could be so intense!!!!!!!! I never even finished reading it. I had a client who wants to show a casket being put into a mosoleum animated.
                    thanks anyway for your efffort.
                    skip

                    poster-Skip

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • M
                      mateo soletic
                      last edited by

                      Thanks Paul. πŸ‘

                      Concept Illustrations

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • K
                        kenzarch
                        last edited by

                        Thanks Paul.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Y
                          yaza
                          last edited by

                          way to go πŸ‘ πŸ‘ 😍

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • A
                            arvmehta
                            last edited by

                            Excellent tutorial , very similar to how are produce animations except for a twist , I don't use Premiere or After Effects but instead a piece of Free software (GNU GPL) called Mencoder . Using a commandline switch like
                            "d:\programs\mencoder\mencoder.exe" mf://*.jpg -mf fps=12:type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=12000 -oac copy -o output.avi -ffourcc XVID

                            I have compressed about 2500 1200x900 frames to Xvid format in under five minutes . Notice the vbitrate=12000 , Jacking it up really improved the picture quality . You can get Mencoder here .

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • A
                              anglaret
                              last edited by

                              Paul
                              could you re-establish the link with your tutorial please, I would like to see it
                              Thanks - Marc

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Paul RussamP
                                Paul Russam
                                last edited by

                                Umm, I don't seem to be able to get on the su.porta.ca site

                                I've set you a PM

                                Paul Russam
                                English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark allies, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • GaieusG
                                  Gaieus
                                  last edited by

                                  Hi Marc, Hi Paul,

                                  I hope you have received Coen's board PM about Kelly's server and the transfer of the content into the current SCF server. I hope everything will be available again soon.

                                  Gai...

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Paul RussamP
                                    Paul Russam
                                    last edited by

                                    Thanks Guys, thought it was something along those lines.

                                    Paul Russam
                                    English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark allies, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • S
                                      StarWarsKnower
                                      last edited by

                                      The tutorial won't work. I click on the link, and it comes up in a new tab, then says 'HTTP Coulc Not Be Found'. Everyone says it is so good, I wan't to see it! 😞 😒 😞 😐

                                      Mike

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • GaieusG
                                        Gaieus
                                        last edited by

                                        @starwarsknower said:

                                        ...Everyone says it is so good, I wan't to see it! 😞 😒 😞 😐

                                        True it is a great tut - be patient, please; the srever change is just being done (as you can read in your PM).

                                        Gai...

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Paul RussamP
                                          Paul Russam
                                          last edited by

                                          OK, here's an updated Tut with the first part of the Premiere stuff in it.

                                          kannonbal:
                                          I've always used TIFF's and for some reason never really got used to using PNG's.
                                          I actually had to look and see if Premiere actually imported PNG's and Low and behold it does!! Whether it will import them as 'Numbered Stills' (See the revised tut) is another matter.

                                          As for the "dreaded moire" well that's the next bit I've got to do in the tut!
                                          Here's it quickly:
                                          Select the sequence
                                          From the menu select CLIP/VIDEO OPTIONS/FIELD OPTIONS
                                          Select 'Flicker Removal'
                                          Repeat for every Sequence (Very tedious)
                                          Drag into the time line and export.

                                          EDIT:
                                          Final tutorial linked here (from later post below)

                                          Paul Russam
                                          English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark allies, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Paul RussamP
                                            Paul Russam
                                            last edited by

                                            Done a bit more this lunch time and its now on a prototype SCF template.

                                            Edit:
                                            Opps sorry about the quality of the images in the PDF, I squidged them a bit too much.

                                            EDIT:
                                            Final tutorial linked here (from later post below)

                                            Paul Russam
                                            English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark allies, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement