sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A Welcome Message to New SketchUcation Members

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    1.4k Posts 667 Posters 1.2m Views 667 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S
      scooby555
      last edited by

      Hello,

      I have spent a few days on the forum now, and you guys rock.

      Everything a new user needs is here, I am going to do my best to follow the advice and see how it goes. Will hopoefully post some results and try to repay the favour with things I have found along the way.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • GaieusG
        Gaieus
        last edited by

        Hi Martin and welcome. I see Remus has already started to help with a couple of good advices in your other topic. πŸ‘

        Gai...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • B
          bmscmoreira
          last edited by

          That is indeed the spirit. Help and be helped. Everyone wins. πŸ˜‰

          http://www.brunomoreira.net

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • H
            hvanessen
            last edited by

            πŸ€“ Hi everyone,

            I am een middelaged dutch guy who is very interested in working with sketchup and kerkythea. So i spend the last month(s) on learning the getting started from sketchup en kerkythea. Also i asked some questions on this forum.

            And i must say, it helped me a lot. Today i did my last tutorial, and i think that i have know enough knowledge to make my first project and render.

            So i would like to thanks everyone on this forum, and next week i deliver my first project and then can everyone shoot there critics and comments.

            My english is not my best, but i hope everyone understand what i'm meen

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • GaieusG
              Gaieus
              last edited by

              Hi Henk,

              Glad that members could help here. Looking forward to your project and don't be shy - everyone had to start it somewhere.

              Gai...

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • C
                CosmicFlow
                last edited by

                Hello All in the community.
                I would to say that I am ecstatic about this resource and grateful to all those who have answered my questions. Thank you!

                I have more questions though. I wanted to know what some of the errors mean and if there is a forum already established to discuss the issue?

                Example of my load errors:

                Error Loading File cracking.rb
                undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File delaunay.rb undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File export_points.rb
                undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File hull.rb undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File pointify.rb
                undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File recursive.rb undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File tooling.rb
                No such file to load -- tooling/cracking.rb

                Thanks for your help!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • TIGT
                  TIG Moderator
                  last edited by

                  Ruby Forum here...
                  What is 'cracking.rb' that seems to be causing this error ?
                  Look in your Plugins Folder...

                  TIG

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • S
                    ScrubBurnRepeat
                    last edited by

                    hello,
                    am interested in parametric, bim, data, 3d modeling aspects (though aware of su's "fake" curves).
                    revit arch's massing and site tools are clumsy and erratic.
                    autocad is... autocad. πŸ‘Ώ
                    so, i guess i'm always looking for something that works better.
                    and am often working with sites (contours, grading)

                    enough for now.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • R
                      remus
                      last edited by

                      Hi scrub and jane, and welcome to the forum.

                      If your interested in parametric stuff be sure to have a look at sketchups dynamic components. Theyre not full BIM but they do go some way towards it.

                      http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        chunling_hu
                        last edited by

                        Hi,
                        My name is chunling_hu and I just joined today.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • P
                          pkramer
                          last edited by

                          Hello all,

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • S
                            Solidseal
                            last edited by

                            Hi,

                            My name is Micheal and I type this message from a computer @ The Netherlands πŸ˜„

                            was trying the Tutorials (the car) and was doing pretty good πŸ˜„
                            I have a question about the Skin plug in .. from lots of sites there say that there are alot versions of skin.
                            Do you ppl have a good one ? or do I have to find out myself πŸ˜„

                            also in the gallery section of this forum I see the following

                            You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

                            Anything I need to know ?

                            Greetings,

                            Mike

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • soloS
                              solo
                              last edited by

                              Welcome to SCF.

                              You should have no problems viewing images in the gallery section as long as you are logged in, can you try again while logged in and let me know if this still persists?

                              http://www.solos-art.com

                              If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • S
                                Solidseal
                                last edited by

                                @solo said:

                                Welcome to SCF.

                                You should have no problems viewing images in the gallery section as long as you are logged in, can you try again while logged in and let me know if this still persists?

                                It worked .. maybe after I typed my Hello mssg πŸ˜„

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • G
                                  GoldenFrog
                                  last edited by

                                  @unknownuser said:

                                  Hello there,

                                  Welcome to this little SketchUp Community we have set up here!

                                  Welcome to this forum for all your beginners questions. You may also have more advanced questions and may post them in the appropriate forum.
                                  If you're not sure if your question is beginner or advanced, then don't worry too much. The world is full of worrisome people already and we want you to get that cozy - de-worried feeling here. So in that case just post it here anyway.

                                  I see youre from rotterdam? I just made a model of a building there...You ouht to see it, and see if you recognise it. πŸ˜„

                                  Remember, great minds think alike, and fools never differ.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Z
                                    zakry70
                                    last edited by

                                    Hiya`all, im zakry, new here n still a beginner with sketchup.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • teufT
                                      teuf
                                      last edited by

                                      Hello,
                                      I'm Teuf and drawing industrial and logistical buildings.
                                      Thanks for this message board πŸ˜„

                                      Teuf

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • GaieusG
                                        Gaieus
                                        last edited by

                                        Hi Teuf and welcome to SCF!

                                        Gai...

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • R
                                          Rhettsmiller
                                          last edited by

                                          I am a new user. I want to add a camera_recorder plugin. I am using Mac 10.5.8
                                          Sketchup 7. I go to the Applications folder to Sketchup, but there are no extra folders other than the allpication. No plugins folder. How do I add the plugin?

                                          Rhett

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Chris FullmerC
                                            Chris Fullmer
                                            last edited by

                                            Hi Rhett, and welcome. I wrote the plugin, but I am not familiar with Mac's at all. Though I've never heard anyone say that there was no plugins folder. Perhaps you are in the wrong location? I do not know though, I am very unfamiliar with their inferiorOS. Parhaps someone else who know the Mac system can help?

                                            You also might get a better respone if you ask in the camera_recorder thread. That might get more people's attention who are already familiar with the plugin.

                                            Chris

                                            Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                                            All my Plugins I've written

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 26
                                            • 27
                                            • 28
                                            • 29
                                            • 30
                                            • 72
                                            • 73
                                            • 28 / 73
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement