sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A Welcome Message to New SketchUcation Members

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    1.4k Posts 667 Posters 1.2m Views 667 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • TIGT
      TIG Moderator
      last edited by

      Look here...
      Regardez ici...
      Pour accéder à ces forums lorsque vous êtes connecté, s'il vous plaît, abonnez-vous au groupe d'utilisateurs respectif dans votre panneau de contrôle de l'utilisateur.


      BoardIndex.PNG

      TIG

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • L
        LMS1986
        last edited by

        Hi there,

        Computational geometry has been something I feel attracted to for some time now. I am an artist from the Netherlands and with the ruby API I am now starting to script some simple things, which anyone else probably would do by hand.

        My first projects are scripting a pretty straightforward table and one more difficult. This as I understand can be send to computer aided woodfactories and I would not need a saw myself to get my art together. I Already found such a factory.

        I am a big fan of Fibonacci and Phi. Esthetics is something I take really seriously!!!

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • TIGT
          TIG Moderator
          last edited by

          @Michiel

          Welcome!

          Post questions about Ruby 'processes' in the Developers' Forum...
          Someone will try to help... 😄

          TIG

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • SminkyS
            Sminky
            last edited by

            Hi all, my name is Michele, I'm from Italy but I live in Japan since 2007.
            I am still a beginner of SU but I really enjoy using it both for work and for hobby.
            I use it at work as a presentation tool for solar business and then at home I just model common objects for practice.
            Thank you all for putting so much knowledge in this forum.

            Here is a simple rendering I made of a moka coffee pot.


            moka-rendered.png

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • A
              amm079
              last edited by

              hey, my name is alfonso i am new in this forum , where can I ask about sketch for mac , I m new with my mac and sketch is not working good there. thank a lot

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • mitcorbM
                mitcorb
                last edited by

                Hi, Alfonso, and Welcome:
                Post a question in the Sketchup Discussions Forum. Give as much detail as you can about the symptoms. Likely, your issue has been discussed before.
                Someone will answer.
                Again, welcome to Sketchucation.

                I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • mitcorbM
                  mitcorb
                  last edited by

                  @Sminky:
                  Welcome to you, also. Very fine job on that coffee pot. 👍

                  I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • A
                    amm079
                    last edited by

                    Thank, that my problem sketch is working so slow , I have a file with 12 mb ,it is only raised floor and some decoration on the walls , an image materially, dont much more , i dont know if i need to fix something in sketch or in Mac . It's MacBook Pro retina 2.7 gh 16 RAM .i think is more than enough for sketch Thank to everyone and sorry for my english

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • TIGT
                      TIG Moderator
                      last edited by

                      @Alf
                      Have you used Model Info > Statistics > Purge Unused... ?
                      Check for things that are hidden [View > Hidden Geometry > ON] and/or on OFF layers: switch them 'ON'... decide if you need to keep them...
                      How big [kb] are the images you have used as textures for materials ?

                      TIG

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • A
                        ArthurTeixeira
                        last edited by

                        Hi I'm an architect,working with sketchuo 2 years and am always visiting the site in search of news.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • pbacotP
                          pbacot
                          last edited by

                          Welcome Arthur!

                          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Furniture50F
                            Furniture50
                            last edited by

                            Hi there, I just joined. I'm into furniture design. My wife studied architecture and got me interested in furniture, so it all kinda took of from there. Seems like a very nice site, looking forward to learn 😍

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Furniture50F
                              Furniture50
                              last edited by

                              OK sound just fine, good to know my stupid questions wont be rejected 😄 will try to make sure to post in the right categories. Thanks for the update. ☀

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • mitcorbM
                                mitcorb
                                last edited by

                                Welcome to you, Morten. Was someone whispering in your ear on another channel? 😄 I think this community would value your membership because of your unique insight, and we await to help you if you have questions.

                                I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Furniture50F
                                  Furniture50
                                  last edited by

                                  @mitcorb said:

                                  Welcome to you, Morten. Was someone whispering in your ear on another channel? 😄 I think this community would value your membership because of your unique insight, and we await to help you if you have questions.

                                  Thanks man, Actually I found the website just searching for "sketchup" stuff. But I am getting my wife to sign up too, and she might be the most active, as she is the real designer in this little family 😐

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • B
                                    baldan
                                    last edited by

                                    good morning or good evening. I am a newcomer and I thank you for what you are doing. are an Italian venice and not knowing your language well I use the google translator.
                                    the work you do and 'wonderful long time I use your tools reperendoli from the web.
                                    I finished working for years and now I can dedicate to my hobby.
                                    The main hobbies include wood carving, modeling, .... and of course the design.
                                    thanks again and good work.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • D
                                      David Munford
                                      last edited by

                                      Hi All,
                                      I'm a newbie SketchUcationer and this is my first post.
                                      I work with a landscape architect, and use SU to help work out design ideas and create final presentations to help clients better visualize projects.
                                      I'm interested in honing my skills as a SU modeler, and look forward to learning more about SU from the folks at SketchUcation.
                                      Looks like a great site!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • E
                                        elianab
                                        last edited by

                                        Hi,
                                        My name is Eliana. I've been a website designer for the past 15 years, and looking for a new career. I just started learning SketchUp, and I wonder if one can make a career out of it, without being an architect, landscape designer, product designer...
                                        What's the best way to get started? Does this site have a series of online courses, or do you pick and choose from the tutorials?
                                        Thanks,
                                        Eliana

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • E
                                          EdlinA
                                          last edited by

                                          Halo.. I'm from Malaysia and would love to learn as much skills as I'm allowed. 😄
                                          I'm currently a student in product design. Still new to all 2D n 3D software so I'm having problems doing my work, especially presentation panels.
                                          Anyway, what is a mood board or concept board? Fashion lecturers say it is something that tells a story about our product and made into 3D form (this is for minor class on footwear design) but Industrial Design lecturers say it's a compilation of pictures that explains about our product (this is for major class on product design). I'm confused..
                                          2nd question is what software should i use to open sketchucation's plugin downloader? My computer can't open it. Something about .rbz, I think.
                                          Nice meeting everyone. Thank you for your time. 😄

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • A
                                            Adey
                                            last edited by

                                            Hi, I'm Adey. I am just starting out in SketchUp, purely as a hobbiest. I have no experience in Architecture or Design, but plenty in learning software, so the plan is to play around with SketchUp and to just have some fun, and see where it leads.

                                            Regards

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 69
                                            • 70
                                            • 71
                                            • 72
                                            • 73
                                            • 72 / 73
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement