sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A Welcome Message to New SketchUcation Members

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    1.4k Posts 667 Posters 1.2m Views 667 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C
      CurtRHCP
      last edited by

      Hello!

      I'm Curtis and I use Sketchup for a while. (Maybe 5-6 years)

      Now I have VRAY and it's so realistic!
      But this forum will certainly help me ^^ Sometimes I have difficulties even when I saw all the good answers.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • C
        Codeman
        last edited by

        I have referenced your site off and on for several years and found the discussions regarding plugin usage and availability very useful.

        🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • I
          ikom
          last edited by

          Hi,

          Joined a few days ago with a view towards gaining greater proficiency in SU and Layout. I have used SU for about six months now, initially as a quick comparison between it and other 3D drawing platforms like Revit/Archicad and subsequently decided to stick with SU. I just started using Layout on a friends computer and like the interface.

          I also noticed that SU Pro is available at a discount from Sketchucation (for Premium Members) and would like to purchase the Pro (Mac)version - However my emails to Sketchucation to purchase a copy have thus far gone unanswered. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

          I am recently retired and am in the process of designing a retirement home using SU, hence the request for help in purchasing a copy of SU Pro.

          Thanks.
          ikom

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • D
            Danielllo
            last edited by

            Hello! I'm Dan, i'm using sketchup for interior design. I'm not that big specialist, but im learning 😄

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • FurkyStyleF
              FurkyStyle
              last edited by

              Hi Guys!
              They call me Furky and I'm from Holland.
              Used sketchup for small sketches now and then (buildings). Sure have a lot of questionmarks in my head that need to be removed. That's why I am here 😄
              Greetings

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • B
                Beezer
                last edited by

                Hi all,
                I'm Stephen, more commonly known as Beezer... I'm from Ireland and was introduced to sketchup recently during my studies in design and innovation. Have had some experience with solidworks and I'm very impressed with SU with its many plugins.
                I'm hoping to become fluent in SU and be able to use it to produce engineering parts with my 3D printer.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Rich O BrienR
                  Rich O Brien Moderator
                  last edited by

                  Hi Stephen,

                  What part of Ireland are you in?

                  Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • B
                    Beezer
                    last edited by

                    Hi Rich,

                    I'm in Armagh

                    I know I' not in the right thread Rich but like some others I'm having trouble logging in to the Sketchucation store through the plugin. I've tried clearing all browsing data including the cache.

                    I hope the weathers as good in Munster as here. I'm heading tomorrow morning to Cork for a week in the sun.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Rich O BrienR
                      Rich O Brien Moderator
                      last edited by

                      @Beezer

                      I sent you a mail

                      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • S
                        Ssswoop
                        last edited by

                        I'm Hrant, woodworker beginner in SU
                        Thanks to all of you for the treasure of informations we got here 😄

                        By the way... I'm French so excuse my poor english

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • N
                          Nina100
                          last edited by

                          Hi Guys!

                          Ive just joined up!
                          A google search brought up a thread from this site on a sketch up problem that I had, and I saw how many talented users are on here!!!

                          Im a sketch up beginner and this is in fact my first forum so ive lots to learn, its just great to see how much is possible!

                          😍

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • massimoM
                            massimo Moderator
                            last edited by

                            Hi Nina and welcome. 👍

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • J
                              jenxters
                              last edited by

                              Hi all...
                              I'm Gery, from Indonesia

                              I've been using SketchUp since 2006 so 7 years till now

                              SU is very powerful for my design activities. I was doing a 2d drafting with cad software, then build it in SU, render it with vray max. but i no longer use vray cos it's time consuming. now I always use Lumion 3 for my presentation needs.

                              I just joined this forum, so I hope I'm accepted here 😄

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • pbacotP
                                pbacot
                                last edited by

                                Welcome Gery. I hope this site is helpful for you. I look forward to seeing some of your Lumion work. What island are you on?

                                MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • A
                                  amis
                                  last edited by

                                  Hi, everyone! I'm from Ukraine. I've used SU for about 6 months. Hope to meet help and good advices here. Plugins I've found here is very impressive and helpful. I'm HVAC engineer. Hope I'm not alone, because most of SU users are architects. Here some of my first tries to apply SU to my work. Please, don't judge sternly.


                                  00001.jpg


                                  00002.jpg

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • mitcorbM
                                    mitcorb
                                    last edited by

                                    Hi, amis:
                                    Welcome. There are plenty of mechanical engineers active in this forum. HVAC is a specialty of mechanical engineering.
                                    Your model looks very nice and detailed and orderly.
                                    My impression is that architects in this forum may be fewer than many other interest groups. But, in my experience, everyone is helpful and knowledgeable.

                                    I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • 3
                                      3dwannab
                                      last edited by

                                      Hi, Stephen from Ireland here, currently working in Spain. Been reading the forums for a while now and have been using SU for about 5yrs on/off. Here's my first ever attempt at an external VRay render recently using SU.
                                      Love SketchUp 😎
                                      York Street Offices Page 04 Render.jpg
                                      Designed by me.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • mortenstorgaardM
                                        mortenstorgaard
                                        last edited by

                                        Just joined. I run a blog about downsizing and living in small spaces in my spare time, and would like to be able to do furniture skethups 😄

                                        Morten
                                        //nordiskspil boardgames

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • A
                                          assemblage agencement
                                          last edited by

                                          bonjour
                                          je m appelle john
                                          je travail sur sketchup et sur autocad
                                          je travail dans l événementielle et l agencement de magasin et j ai souvent besoin de dessiner les pièces pour avoir un rendu en image pour l atelier pour pouvoir commencer la fabrication des objets
                                          j ai souvent besoin de dessiner du mobilier et diverse objet et je pense que je pourrai dessiner des stands aussi mais j ai pas toute les base comme par exemple je sais pas installer de nouvelles fonctions avec les plugin
                                          on ma dit qu il y avais un sous menu en français sur ce forum mais je l ai pas trouver non plus
                                          en espérant avoir une aide des vous chers internautes

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • mitcorbM
                                            mitcorb
                                            last edited by

                                            Salut, John, et bienvenue sur le forum. Si vous ne pouvez pas trouver le forum de la langue française, vous pouvez contacter un administrateur. Voir au bas de cette page le lien "Contact". Profitez de votre adhésion. S'il vous plaît excuser ma traduction Google;)

                                            I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 28
                                            • 29
                                            • 30
                                            • 31
                                            • 32
                                            • 72
                                            • 73
                                            • 30 / 73
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement