sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A Welcome Message to New SketchUcation Members

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    1.4k Posts 667 Posters 1.2m Views 667 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J
      jezpayne
      last edited by

      Hello

      My name is Jerry, I am a new participant in the sketchup train. Looking good so far but so many different avenues to take, where do you recomend starting. I have already pretty much mastered the basic level and I am wanting to model furniture. Shout out to the Cadfather.

      Jezpayne

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Rich O BrienR
        Rich O Brien Moderator
        last edited by

        @jezpayne said:

        Hello

        My name is Jerry, I am a new participant in the sketchup train. Looking good so far but so many different avenues to take, where do you recomend starting. I have already pretty much mastered the basic level and I am wanting to model furniture. Shout out to the Cadfather.

        Jezpayne

        Hi,

        Did you see Eric Lay's tutorial in this month's CatchUp?

        404 Not Found

        favicon

        (sketchucation.com)

        It's pretty informative

        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • J
          jezpayne
          last edited by

          thanks Rich

          I will check it out

          Jerry

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • S
            subxone
            last edited by

            Hi all

            First of all I'd like to just point out my joy in the overall look and design of these forums, they are truly unique and reflect the simple nature of Sketchup.

            I've just recently started using Sketchup 8 Pro for work. My aim is to do a few courses to bring me up to speed. I aim to combine my Photoshop skills with SU to add value for the comapany I am working for.

            Having played around with SU over the past week I've noticed how addictive it is to use. My crazy mind mixed with this program produces all types of creations haha. Anyway hope to learn alot from you all and give back as much.

            Cheers

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • J
              jezpayne
              last edited by

              Hello Admin

              I recently purchased Interior Design Course 4 book by Adriana Grandos. Unfortunately when I was downloading it, my machine crashed. On all of the other books I downloaded, I was sent an email by Apache with a link to download the book, but I didnt get one on this. I have proof of payment should it be required.

              How is best to go about resolving this issue

              Many thanks

              Jerry

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Rich O BrienR
                Rich O Brien Moderator
                last edited by

                Hi Jerry,

                I'll sort you out via email.

                Rich

                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • X
                  x2nie
                  last edited by

                  Hello, everyone!

                  My name is x2nie (tony).

                  I want to learn more about SketchUp.
                  πŸ˜„

                  I am happy and Nice to see you in this Forum!

                  --x2nie

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • T
                    Tboom
                    last edited by

                    Hi!
                    My name is Tim and I'm a Sketchaholic. I've only been using the program for a couple of months, beginning shortly after ordering a Replicator 2. I designed a major project ahead of it landing, which turned out to be a really bad idea...to many mistakes in the manifold. I found this forum, in fact, via a link to Manifold v2.2 by TIG.
                    Cheers!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • TIGT
                      TIG Moderator
                      last edited by

                      @Tboom
                      There are by now several newer and better tools - try SolidAlcoholic etc...

                      TIG

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • GaieusG
                        Gaieus
                        last edited by

                        @tig said:

                        @Tboom
                        There are by now several newer and better tools - try SolidAlcoholic etc...

                        😲

                        Gai...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • TIGT
                          TIG Moderator
                          last edited by

                          I suspect someone is messing on editing others posts inappropriately ?
                          Rich !! πŸ˜’
                          'SolidSolver' - No way I'd mistype that !
                          Perhaps I have a AutoHotkey virus in AutoCorrect ?????

                          TIG

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • massimoM
                            massimo Moderator
                            last edited by

                            🀣

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • TIGT
                              TIG Moderator
                              last edited by

                              @massimo said:

                              :roflmao:
                              A new 'prime suspect'... Massimo practicing new powers ?? 😞

                              TIG

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • massimoM
                                massimo Moderator
                                last edited by

                                Naaah. How can you suspect me? 😞

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • TIGT
                                  TIG Moderator
                                  last edited by

                                  @massimo said:

                                  Naaah. How can you suspect me? 😞
                                  You found it funny ?

                                  TIG

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • massimoM
                                    massimo Moderator
                                    last edited by

                                    Yes, but it wasn't me. πŸ˜„

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Rich O BrienR
                                      Rich O Brien Moderator
                                      last edited by

                                      It wasn't me either.

                                      Check the logs for an edit at that time.

                                      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • TIGT
                                        TIG Moderator
                                        last edited by

                                        Having analyzed the Mods' logs I can see no one editing that post - although an Admin might do so with no trace ?
                                        It's just a mystery... I might mistype 'SolidSolver'... but making it something else that is so specific is very very unlikely.
                                        I do have AutoHotkeys AutoCorrect, but looking through the look-up list there's nothing you could type that would end up with that phrase ?
                                        A mischievous imp ??

                                        TIG

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Rich O BrienR
                                          Rich O Brien Moderator
                                          last edited by

                                          Admin can't do what you're suggesting.

                                          I await an apology

                                          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • TIGT
                                            TIG Moderator
                                            last edited by

                                            No apology.

                                            TIG

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 38
                                            • 39
                                            • 40
                                            • 41
                                            • 42
                                            • 72
                                            • 73
                                            • 40 / 73
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement