sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Rayscaper New Releases

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Extensions & Applications Discussions
    rayscaperrender
    513 Posts 12 Posters 238.6k Views 13 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • KrassK
      Krass
      last edited by Krass

      It's really good. It would be interesting to see how many polygons a project can handle. D5 Render stops rendering scattered objects at a certain distance to ease the load on the graphics card; I wonder how it works here?
      I struggled a bit with the green saturation of my lawn—I hadn't actually touched the texture itself. I just applied some desaturation and sharpening in Photoshop. Still, I’m blown away and really impressed.
      Aside from having an endless array of mind-blowing features, V-Ray feels clunky by comparison...
      A used ACES Filmic tonemap

      scene-1-1080.jpg

      scene-2-1080.jpg

      A tip (I don't think there's a batch render function yet): to render my two scenes and go to bed, I set up an animation render with the minimum frame rate and minimum duration. I ended up with just my two images—it was perfect.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pixelcruncherP
        pixelcruncher Extension Creator
        last edited by

        @Krass Thanks for the feedback! The final render looks very impressive.

        Scatter renders huge dark flat shapes over the terrain.

        Can you send me the scene so I can have a proper look?

        Texture edits made with "Edit in graphic editor" aren't picked up. I filed this as a bug.

        Will have a look, the other caching bug you reported should have been fixed.

        Scatter needs a SketchUp restart after moving groups or changing the hierarchy.

        Do you have something to reproduce this or a screen capture?

        Save and load presets of the settings.

        Planned

        Color variation for scattered instances.

        On the list.

        Polygon limits and distant instances.

        Rayscaper keeps every instance in the render and lets the GPU handle it, there's no distance cutoff or other tricks like in D5. Instances share their geometry, so the memory goes mostly to the components themselves, not the instance count. I'd like to hear where it breaks for you.

        Cheers,
        Thomas

        I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • KrassK
          Krass
          last edited by

          Hello,
          I am not certain that the bug—with the artifacts that appeared consistently—stems from the graphics card memory, because I was subsequently able to add a large, fairly resource-intensive grassy area without any issues. I am going to try to recreate the flowerbed that caused the problem.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • KrassK
            Krass
            last edited by

            this time, in he morning opening fresh model, it worked!. Mystery.

            image.jpeg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • KrassK
              Krass
              last edited by

              do you want the file anyway?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • KrassK
                Krass
                last edited by

                Hello,
                There’s something that bothers me: the material rotation setting: you can no longer simply enter a value in degrees (unless I’m mistaken)—the slider is active. I find it hard to enter a precise value, especially 180...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • KrassK
                  Krass
                  last edited by

                  SketchUp_4qMPyRU000.mp4

                  pixelcruncherP 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • KrassK
                    Krass
                    last edited by Krass

                    This post is deleted!
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • KrassK
                      Krass
                      last edited by

                      here, a strange behaviour : these trees are not scattered. Thir pivot point and they appear 10 meters further on.

                      SketchUp_RO9GzKgy36.png

                      SketchUp_PnW0RyxQDS.jpg

                      pixelcruncherP 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • KrassK
                        Krass
                        last edited by Krass

                        Thomas,
                        Rayscaper material presets library, glass, and metal are great, quality and time changer

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 1
                        • pixelcruncherP
                          pixelcruncher Extension Creator @Krass
                          last edited by

                          @Krass Yup, that's a bug!

                          I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • pixelcruncherP
                            pixelcruncher Extension Creator @Krass
                            last edited by

                            @Krass Can you send me the scene?

                            I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            • 1
                            • 2
                            • 22
                            • 23
                            • 24
                            • 25
                            • 26
                            • 26 / 26
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement