sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Old Korean Bridge

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    26 Posts 10 Posters 23.2k Views 10 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L
      L i am
      last edited by

      Nice Bryan, have you cosidered using assets within D5 such as rocks and trees etc? I have had a look at them and they look pretty good

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bryan KB
        Bryan K
        last edited by

        Thanks loco!

        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Bryan KB
          Bryan K
          last edited by

          Thanks L i am! πŸ‘

          As a free user of D5, assets are limited. I can use about half of the assets, the rest need a Pro license. That's not in my budget right now.

          I am currently working on a D5 render of this, but I am also still learning my way around it, so it will take some time before I render this scene. I've already done some test renders and I don't like them, so I'm still tweaking the render and finding a work around for the limited assets. For this scene, it's the bridge materials.

          But yes, D5 has some really good assets and look forward to using it along with Raylectron in the future.

          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Dave RD
            Dave R
            last edited by

            Beautiful!

            Etaoin Shrdlu

            %

            (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

            G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

            M30

            %

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Bryan KB
              Bryan K
              last edited by

              Thanks Dave R! πŸ‘

              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • tuna1957T
                tuna1957
                last edited by

                Excellent ! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  Thanks tuna!

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Mike AmosM
                    Mike Amos
                    last edited by

                    I concur ^, brilliant result and a joy to see. πŸ‘Š

                    Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ntxdaveN
                      ntxdave
                      last edited by

                      @mike amos said:

                      I concur ^, brilliant result and a joy to see. πŸ‘Š

                      Ditto!

                      Press F1...thank me later

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Bryan KB
                        Bryan K
                        last edited by

                        Thanks Mike!

                        Thanks ntxdave!

                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • L
                          L i am
                          last edited by L i am

                          Nice work Bryan πŸ‘ Just food for thought. I fell into the trap of using the default aspect ratio of the Sketchup veiwport and leaving it at that. I have only recently learnt to use different apect ratio formats to improve composition for some subject matter. I have taken the liberty of reframing your image as an example. I would further consider reframing the image so that the person is 2 thirds down the image employing the rule of thirds revealing more sky perhaps wit a bird or 2 to add interest.

                          Bryan.jpg

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Bryan KB
                            Bryan K
                            last edited by

                            That's almost exactly the composition of the original picture!


                            Korean covered bridge.jpg

                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • L
                              L i am
                              last edited by

                              Hey Bryan, you have taken a few leaps in this image. firstly you made landscape topography and mare imortantly you used a reference image as inspiration. Learning by trying to reference another image is absolute key to learning and improving skills. If anybody asked me the key learning modelling and rendering that would be my advice do that until you do not have to do it anymore πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Bryan KB
                                Bryan K
                                last edited by

                                Update.


                                Korean country bridge render 3.jpg

                                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  As vertical vignette.


                                  Korean country bridge vin.jpg

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Mike AmosM
                                    Mike Amos
                                    last edited by

                                    Magic. πŸ‘Š

                                    Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • L
                                      L i am
                                      last edited by

                                      Lovely Bryan πŸ‘

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • hellnbakH
                                        hellnbak
                                        last edited by

                                        Beautiful photo, Bryan. So when are we gonna see the model πŸ˜‰

                                        Very nicely done, I'm jealous of your talent.

                                        "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Bryan KB
                                          Bryan K
                                          last edited by

                                          Thanks Mike!

                                          Thanks L i am!

                                          Thanks hellnbak! It took me years and years and I am still learning and practicing and trying to improve.

                                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • tuna1957T
                                            tuna1957
                                            last edited by

                                            Excellent work Bryan. Really like the last image the best I think. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement