sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin][$] ThruPaint - v2.9a - 21 Apr 26

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    195 Posts 55 Posters 79.7k Views 55 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M
      madrhyno @fredo6
      last edited by

      @fredo6
      I share what you said as a screenshot.
      I would appreciate it if you could refer to it and tell me how to solve it.

      8290306d-b099-4d7e-8fde-9e586c3e23dc-image.png

      Rich O BrienR 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Rich O BrienR
        Rich O Brien Moderator @madrhyno
        last edited by

        @madrhyno Please update Libfredo

        Link Preview Image
        SketchUp Plugins | PluginStore | SketchUcation

        SketchUp Plugin and Extension Store by SketchUcation provides free downloads of hundreds of SketchUp extensions and plugins

        favicon

        (sketchucation.com)

        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

        M 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • M
          madrhyno @Rich O Brien
          last edited by

          @Rich-O-Brien
          Actually, the version was low, so I just updated it.
          After restarting sketchup, I tried thrupaint again.
          But the symptoms still exist.

          M 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • M
            madrhyno @madrhyno
            last edited by

            It's a symptom that wasn't experienced in the old version of thrupaint.
            Is it possible to use the previous version?

            Rich O BrienR 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Rich O BrienR
              Rich O Brien Moderator @madrhyno
              last edited by

              @madrhyno Did you purchase a license for ThruPaint

              Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

              M 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • M
                madrhyno @Rich O Brien
                last edited by

                @Rich-O-Brien

                Is there a separate paid license for thrupaint?
                It is thought to be included in the visuhole license, but it has not yet been activated.
                I'll try to activate it and try again.

                d42c2e43-04d0-49a6-b371-68c24c750ce2-image.png

                Rich O BrienR 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Rich O BrienR
                  Rich O Brien Moderator @madrhyno
                  last edited by

                  @madrhyno I believe Fredo went commercial with ThruPaint at the beginning of the month.

                  Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                  M 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • M
                    madrhyno @Rich O Brien
                    last edited by

                    @Rich-O-Brien

                    Checked it.
                    You have purchased a license for "thrupaint".

                    I tried "thrupaint" again after activation after purchase, but the loading time is still long.

                    M 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • M
                      madrhyno @madrhyno
                      last edited by

                      @madrhyno
                      You have purchased a license for "thrupaint".
                      I have purchased a license for "thrupaint".

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • fredo6F
                        fredo6
                        last edited by

                        Could you open and leave the Ryb console before you invoke ThruPaint, in case there are errors displayed.

                        Also, did it already work on SU2024 for you? That is:

                        • did you upgrade to SU2024 and it does not work any longer?
                        • or did you upgrade to ThruPaint v2.4a and it does not work any longer?
                        M 2 Replies Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • M
                          madrhyno @fredo6
                          last edited by

                          @fredo6 57f22f8a-2fcf-4556-8843-2f85b0304cda-image.png

                          I am currently using the 2024 version.
                          Thrupaint is also using the 2.4a version.
                          I've been using it for about five weeks,
                          Recently, these symptoms started two weeks ago.

                          As you said, I checked the ruby console
                          It looks like there's a collision with something related to the D5 render.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • M
                            madrhyno @fredo6
                            last edited by

                            @fredo6
                            I tried it for testing.

                            Sketchup 2021 version with D5 + Thrupaint old version (old version with menu bar on top without new window)
                            I did the same in the above situation.

                            When I pressed the Thrupaint button, nothing came out of the Ruby console at the time.
                            Even the loading speed is fast!!! Important!!!

                            However, when I color certain sides, the same message as before appears on the Ruby console.
                            However, the results come out well, and the speed is still high.

                            In conclusion, I think the content that appears on the Ruby Console has nothing to do with the loading speed.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • fredo6F
                              fredo6
                              last edited by

                              The old version of ThruPaint is something different (it does not have a material browser integrated).

                              Do you remember in you did something in your environemnt 2 weeks ago?

                              Also, does the problem happen with any model?

                              Could you try to deactivate D5 Render and see if ThruPaint 2.4a behaves better.

                              M 2 Replies Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • M
                                madrhyno @fredo6
                                last edited by

                                @fredo6

                                I deleted D5 Live sync and tried again.

                                No message appears on the Ruby console now.

                                However, the slow loading speed is still the same.

                                It's still slow in the 2024 version + the latest version of thrupaint

                                It's fast in the old version of 2021+thrupaint.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • M
                                  madrhyno @fredo6
                                  last edited by

                                  @fredo6
                                  As I told you at first, loading time is not long in a sketchup project with a small number of materials.

                                  And when I use the old version -thrupaint- in a project that had a problem with a long loading time, the problem disappears.

                                  Wouldn't the "material browser integrated" you mentioned make loading time longer in projects with a lot of materials?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • kdewinterK
                                    kdewinter @fredo6
                                    last edited by

                                    @fredo6 thanks for pointing this out

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • fredo6F
                                      fredo6
                                      last edited by

                                      The material loading and updating is normally only done once (and then material information is cached) but it may take time if you have a lot of materials.

                                      By the way, to avoid that ThruPaint discovers new custom materials for some models, the best is to declare your custom materials to Thrupaint, basically designating the root directory where your materials are located as a set of .skm files.

                                      c9c059b3-f400-46f4-b419-19e29492b439-image.png

                                      J 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • J
                                        jkoll66 @fredo6
                                        last edited by

                                        @fredo6
                                        The license purchase page for Thrupaint says it's for Visuhole. Is this just a typo? I already own Visuhole.

                                        780f3ae2-cab5-471f-bff9-93b88be00c11-image.png

                                        Rich O BrienR 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 1
                                        • Rich O BrienR
                                          Rich O Brien Moderator @jkoll66
                                          last edited by

                                          @jkoll66 I'd say its a typo in the php. I'll let @Gabor know about it

                                          If you decide to purchase and you still end up with a Visuhole license send an email to support@sketchucation.com

                                          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                          J 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • J
                                            jkoll66 @Rich O Brien
                                            last edited by

                                            @Rich-O-Brien

                                            It was just a typo. All's good. Thanks!

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 9 / 10
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement