sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Simple bathroom.

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    29 Posts 6 Posters 4.5k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Mike AmosM
      Mike Amos
      last edited by

      Thanks folks, moving onwards as we all do. πŸ‘

      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Mike AmosM
        Mike Amos
        last edited by

        Well, as they said on Ground Force, day one. I used an ies ligit and had to put my welding goggles on to enter the living room.

        Much more than meets the mark one's with this here ies lark but I will let you know how I get on folks.

        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Mike AmosM
          Mike Amos
          last edited by

          Well, I have knocked the lights back to 70% of nominal value. I have left the original light sources as fake emitters.

          I have found that the result is brighter and takes up to half the render time so these ies things are worth sticking with.

          The only problem I still have is a format of classification so I can properly choose which files to go with.


          Test 6 Model 2 9 10p 49m Check 42 Ir 0 a R.jpg

          Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Rich O BrienR
            Rich O Brien Moderator
            last edited by

            This is TwiLight Render you are using?

            If you Right Click your light and choose set target what way is it facing?

            https://i.imgur.com/s5Jr4lf.png

            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Mike AmosM
              Mike Amos
              last edited by

              I have Twilight, yes. I did check orientation too but still the bounce on the ceiling. The light in particular has an odd shape to the light component which is going to change when I go to the next test to have a more consistent orientation.

              Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Bryan KB
                Bryan K
                last edited by

                Oh yes! Far better! πŸ‘

                Really looking good!

                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • ntxdaveN
                  ntxdave
                  last edited by

                  @bryan k said:

                  Oh yes! Far better! πŸ‘

                  Really looking good!

                  Agree ❗

                  Press F1...thank me later

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • tuna1957T
                    tuna1957
                    last edited by

                    Like seeing the changes and progress πŸ‘

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Mike AmosM
                      Mike Amos
                      last edited by

                      Thanks folks, onwards. πŸ‘

                      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Mike AmosM
                        Mike Amos
                        last edited by

                        OK, I was going to stop but I left this while I fed and communed with T' Badgers. I just changed the ies lights physical shape which lends a little depth to the ceiling. Honest guv'.......


                        Test 7 Model 2 9 20p 1h 25m Check 43 Ir 0 a R.jpg

                        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          Far, far better! πŸ‘

                          Looking good!

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • majidM
                            majid
                            last edited by

                            What a cute render. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
                            My taste is slightly brighter and more grayish.


                            test.jpg

                            My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • ntxdaveN
                              ntxdave
                              last edited by

                              @majid said:

                              What a cute render. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
                              My taste is slightly brighter and more grayish.

                              Agree! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                              Press F1...thank me later

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Mike AmosM
                                Mike Amos
                                last edited by

                                Thanks folks, I am trying to rebuild my parts and texture collections. These two sites are brilliant. Something I have found useful is fbx files, a way to get 3ds.max files into Sketchup via Blender OR the universal import plugin found here on Sketchucation. https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=71951&hilit=universal+importer or in the store.

                                Link Preview Image
                                3D models for design and architecture – download on 3dsky

                                A million 3D models for interiors and exteriors: furniture, decor, appliances, plants, and other categories. Download for free or buy at a fixed price. 3ds Max format. Render engines: V-Ray, Corona. Export formats: FBX, OBJ

                                favicon

                                3dsky (3dsky.org)

                                403 Forbidden

                                favicon

                                (cgmood.com)

                                Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                Register Login
                                • 1
                                • 2
                                • 1 / 2
                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                Buy SketchPlus
                                Buy SUbD
                                Buy WrapR
                                Buy eBook
                                Buy Modelur
                                Buy Vertex Tools
                                Buy SketchCuisine
                                Buy FormFonts

                                Advertisement