sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SU 2016 Generate Report

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    16 Posts 7 Posters 2.5k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • ashscottA
      ashscott
      last edited by

      Exactly

      Bizarre functionality right?

      Just some stuff I do with Sketchup.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Dave RD
        Dave R
        last edited by

        Yeah. I've not looked at this all that closely because I don't really need the capability for the work I do. I guess it's time to investigate, though.

        Etaoin Shrdlu

        %

        (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

        G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

        M30

        %

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • ashscottA
          ashscott
          last edited by

          I can definitely see the power that the Sketchup team has put into the reporting tool - maybe just needs a little polishing.

          Just some stuff I do with Sketchup.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • jgbrock1J
            jgbrock1
            last edited by

            with regards to reporting components, etc., you might find Estimator for SketchUp useful http://estimatorforsketchup.com
            I needed a reporting solution and estimating system for my SketchUp models (as a home builder) so I created one to fill that void. We are offering premium members a 20% discount if interested (just started advertising on this site and will have the discount code posted soon) - not wanting to sound like a salesman, just offering a potential solution to check out, I know I was frustrated with the internal reporting capabilities natively in SU. My email address is john@estimatorforsketchup if you have any questions or need the promo code.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • jujuJ
              juju
              last edited by

              @jgbrock1 said:

              not wanting to sound like a salesman

              John, there's absolutely no reason to be apologetic about creating a product that addresses a need and then making people aware of it. I hope you have some good sales!

              Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • jgbrock1J
                jgbrock1
                last edited by

                Thank you!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • TommyKT
                  TommyK
                  last edited by

                  In response to your problem with quantities. I had an issue where I used lots of instances of a component and many of the components had qty 1 and seemed to be duplicated. What caused this for me was that the instances of the components had different scales. So each unique scale created a new row in the report. This might be something that happens for all instances with different attributes (layers, name, etc?). Maybe it's something to look into? If you create a report and output all attributes, you might be able to spot the attribute that is differing for each instance.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Dave RD
                    Dave R
                    last edited by

                    Tommy, that is interesting although in the model I was using to check that, none of the instances had been scaled.

                    Etaoin Shrdlu

                    %

                    (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                    G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                    M30

                    %

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ashscottA
                      ashscott
                      last edited by

                      Yeah im pretty confident that scaling is not the cause of the multiple instances...

                      Just some stuff I do with Sketchup.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • L
                        Lê Việt Trường
                        last edited by

                        I can make diffrence templates and run like in this video.
                        But how can i "export" these templates to run in another .skp file?
                        Does anyone know how, please help me,
                        Thanks
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwt7l2y4fUw

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement