sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUcation 3D Viewer (formerly the '[ignore]' thread)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    276 Posts 19 Posters 41.4k Views 19 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • BoxB
      Box
      last edited by

      It almost works on android, viewable but not 3d rotate . You can use the Last 3 buttons.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • G
        Gábor
        last edited by

        @driven said:

        is it touch enabled?
        john

        Not (yet). 😄

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • G
          Gábor
          last edited by

          @box said:

          It almost works on android, viewable but not 3d rotate . You can use the Last 3 buttons.

          Swiping is not working (yet).

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Rich O BrienR
            Rich O Brien Moderator
            last edited by

            @ntxdave said:

            Can/will you supply any details about the software

            Not at the moment. It is still alpha

            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • ntxdaveN
              ntxdave
              last edited by

              @rich o brien said:

              @ntxdave said:

              Can/will you supply any details about the software

              Not at the moment. It is still alpha

              Understand.......I look forward to your tool. I have tested CL3VER and Spread3D which has a little bit more of a "presentation" focus but I started out looking for the ability to view Sketchup models without the need for a plugin. My focus was in being able to provide links on a web page that would allow me to access our models at a convention. The idea (for us) was to have a web page that listed various models/versions (we build car washes) that we could then show potential customers in full 3d.

              I have not tried this on my iPad yet but I will go off and do it and see what happens.

              Hope you will keep us all up-to-date as I see this as being VERY interesting. As I said before, it would also be neat if you could use the viewer inside something like PowerPoint.

              And yes, having full touch support would be neat also (particularly on the iPad or at the convention).

              Press F1...thank me later

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Rich O BrienR
                Rich O Brien Moderator
                last edited by

                If u want to get involved in the testing phase then let me know.

                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • ntxdaveN
                  ntxdave
                  last edited by

                  @rich o brien said:

                  If u want to get involved in the testing phase then let me know.

                  Would be interesting to me. What would be involved? BTW many of my models are pretty big files......

                  On another note, I tried it on my iPad and since there is currently no touch support after I clicked on the picture, some of them would load but of course I could not do anything then. Some of them did not show after the load. The 2nd one (cartoon) did show up but because of the touch issue, I could not do anything with it.

                  Press F1...thank me later

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Rich O BrienR
                    Rich O Brien Moderator
                    last edited by

                    Ok, while its great to get all this feedback we are still adhering to our initial roadmap.

                    That being browser based initially.

                    Regards file size. What's large? >100mb?

                    The viewer allows you to embed into any web page. We generate the html code to do just that. You just paste.

                    Testing involves playing with it. Breaking it. Suggesting things. Nothing to strenuous.

                    Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • jeff hammondJ
                      jeff hammond
                      last edited by

                      side note-- the phone screenshot I posted earlier was ios7.

                      dotdotdot

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Rich O BrienR
                        Rich O Brien Moderator
                        last edited by

                        http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/02/4c89613bcca74894f6cc5fa4135cbb8b.jpg

                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • jeff hammondJ
                          jeff hammond
                          last edited by

                          how you make it that color? looks sweet.

                          dark mode made it into iOS ?

                          edit- oh, tapatalk?

                          dotdotdot

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Rich O BrienR
                            Rich O Brien Moderator
                            last edited by

                            Yes. Tapatalk for the next few months until the next build of the site rolls out.

                            Fully responsive across all devices.

                            So much for people ignoring this thread.

                            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • D
                              driven
                              last edited by

                              i thought that was the point of the [ IGNORE ] tag

                              learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Rich O BrienR
                                Rich O Brien Moderator
                                last edited by

                                Haha.

                                It was. I was gonna delete after testing as we had it visible to only some member types.

                                But when they heavy hitters above started giving feedback I felt I couldn't delete it.

                                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • ntxdaveN
                                  ntxdave
                                  last edited by

                                  @rich o brien said:

                                  Ok, while its great to get all this feedback we are still adhering to our initial roadmap.

                                  That being browser based initially.

                                  Regards file size. What's large? >100mb?

                                  The viewer allows you to embed into any web page. We generate the html code to do just that. You just paste.

                                  Testing involves playing with it. Breaking it. Suggesting things. Nothing to strenuous.

                                  Well, I went and looked and the largest .skp file was a little under 16Mb but most are under 10Mb so they are a little smaller than I was thinking. I do have one model I built that is about 70Mb that I was using for a "presentation". It has a car wash inside a building with other equipment outside the building.

                                  Sounds interesting to me.........one of my jobs in the past was to design web applications and then help test them.

                                  Press F1...thank me later

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • jeff hammondJ
                                    jeff hammond
                                    last edited by

                                    @rich o brien said:

                                    So much for people ignoring this thread.

                                    ha. you can't write 'ignore' and expect people to ignore it 😄

                                    dotdotdot

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Rich O BrienR
                                      Rich O Brien Moderator
                                      last edited by

                                      @ntxdave said:

                                      the largest .skp file was a little under 16Mb but most are under 10Mb so they are a little smaller than I was thinking. I do have one model I built that is about 70Mb that I was using for a "presentation".

                                      It will eat those up and spit them out is seconds... 👍

                                      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • ntxdaveN
                                        ntxdave
                                        last edited by

                                        @rich o brien said:

                                        @ntxdave said:

                                        the largest .skp file was a little under 16Mb but most are under 10Mb so they are a little smaller than I was thinking. I do have one model I built that is about 70Mb that I was using for a "presentation".

                                        It will eat those up and spit them out is seconds... 👍

                                        Sounds great......

                                        Press F1...thank me later

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Rich O BrienR
                                          Rich O Brien Moderator
                                          last edited by

                                          We fixed some of the earlier shading artifacts....

                                          [sw:2ajphrf6]Yzue96VGtKVeEQX[/sw:2ajphrf6]

                                          ...the wheels on this model are funky in any viewer so that's my fault.

                                          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • pilouP
                                            pilou
                                            last edited by

                                            No message under the Icons when mouse fly over them ?
                                            No reset when the model fly away the screen on unknow territories ?

                                            Frenchy Pilou
                                            Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                            My Little site :)

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 12
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 9 / 14
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement