sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUcation 3D Viewer (formerly the '[ignore]' thread)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    276 Posts 19 Posters 41.4k Views 19 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • BoxB
      Box
      last edited by

      All is good Dave, fortunately I have my Grandfathers jeans, he left them to me in his will and they have saved me once again.

      Unfortunately Grandfather drowned in a vat of whiskey and it was those very jeans that allowed him to climb out 5 times to have a pee.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • ntxdaveN
        ntxdave
        last edited by

        @Box - Yes your model loaded slow (even slower than the one I shared) but boy I sure wish I had the ability to draw something like your model...

        I have been at this for about 18 months now and am still learning something new every day (mostly in this forum). As I look back at some of the equipment models I have drawn and now include in my layouts, I see things that could be improved. I am thinking seriously about going back and updating some components/models.

        I car wash that I posted in this thread is a good example. If you get inside the building and look at some of the equipment there are pieces that need to be improved. I just "threw together" the model I posted to see how something like that would look. I keep trying to find ways to get the company I do the drawings for to step in the "next generation" and use some online technology instead of relying on the printed versions. But I digress.

        When I see the work of people like you, Dave R, Pilou, Rich and some others, I think "if only I had that kind of talent". I am not an engineer or an artist but I sure do enjoy this stuff in my retirement....... ☀ ☀ ☀

        Press F1...thank me later

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Rich O BrienR
          Rich O Brien Moderator
          last edited by

          [sw:2so0tb1m]izgpvliZ4d3Q4ql[/sw:2so0tb1m]

          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Rich O BrienR
            Rich O Brien Moderator
            last edited by

            some changes occured the past 5 days...

            [a] we've moved to a new server so anyone testing maybe notice dead embed links. (sorry)

            [b] fullscreen in the browser is now a proper fullscreen mode. just hit the last icon to go fullcreen

            [sw:1eynod7i]Ntt5cVpQkENVZDd[/sw:1eynod7i]

            [c] mobile touch controls on orbit are enabled. (@box gabor is puckering up)

            [d] pinch controls for zooming and three fingers for panning in progress (expect it to break over coming days)

            [sw:1eynod7i]8G8SVf9Nn7S9rU1[/sw:1eynod7i]

            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • ntxdaveN
              ntxdave
              last edited by

              Rich, this is great news on the touch and full screen support. Unfortunately, the only touch screen I have available right now is my iPad mini. I can see that the touchscreen does work (little touchy on the iPad) but the Full Screen is not working on my iPad.

              👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

              Press F1...thank me later

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Rich O BrienR
                Rich O Brien Moderator
                last edited by

                orbit, zoom and pan is now functional on android and iOS.

                [sw:3udzioqv]F07KS6wn0klVp8F[/sw:3udzioqv]

                we begun adding studio enviroment maps to make reflections quite polished...

                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Rich O BrienR
                  Rich O Brien Moderator
                  last edited by

                  just noticed the forum embed is kinda funky....

                  hit the fullscreen button to see model

                  Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • BoxB
                    Box
                    last edited by

                    I know Gabor is puckered up but he'll have to keep his lips that way a little longer.
                    I tried it when you first posted about Android and it just kept crashing on me. Had to leave it and come back to see what was up.
                    Still the same now, tap on it, it loads can move at around hesitantly then the whole browser shuts down. Same with Firefox, chrome and built in browser. Not just the tab, the whole browser has to be started up again.
                    Android 4.4.2 all browsers up to date.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Rich O BrienR
                      Rich O Brien Moderator
                      last edited by

                      could be your phone's processor/memory not having enough grunt.

                      on my old iPad i can forget about viewing. yet on my iPhone 5s it's blazing fast.

                      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • BoxB
                        Box
                        last edited by

                        Galaxy note 3 isn't exactly a wimp.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Rich O BrienR
                          Rich O Brien Moderator
                          last edited by

                          I wouldn't know?

                          On Gabor's phone it's fairly responsive. But I don't know what that is either?

                          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • BoxB
                            Box
                            last edited by

                            I get these two error messages then it shuts down.


                            2015-03-25 23.22.13.png


                            2015-03-25 23.21.41.png

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Rich O BrienR
                              Rich O Brien Moderator
                              last edited by

                              ok, i see issue....

                              can you try pasting this url into your phone's browser?

                              http://viewer.sketchucation.com/embed.php?fullscreen=1&e=F07KS6wn0klVp8F
                              

                              Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • BoxB
                                Box
                                last edited by

                                Yes that works better but it does fail after poking about.
                                Mostly now when I try to zoom in, gets to a certain point and then black screen, it's not a crash because I can go back.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Rich O BrienR
                                  Rich O Brien Moderator
                                  last edited by

                                  We still tweak things.

                                  Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • BoxB
                                    Box
                                    last edited by

                                    And i give feedback. Not complaints. I will be in the bush for a wedding after tomorrow for 5 days, so responses will be sporadic, mobile and potentially gibberish. Or should i say more gibberish than normal. A country wedding with all the trimmings goes on forever and a day.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • ntxdaveN
                                      ntxdave
                                      last edited by

                                      @box said:

                                      And i give feedback. Not complaints.

                                      And I hope that any posts I make in this thread are taken the same way. I think the viewer is headed in the right direction and if I make any comments that are only meant to be in a constructive vain.

                                      Press F1...thank me later

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Rich O BrienR
                                        Rich O Brien Moderator
                                        last edited by

                                        complaints are feedback.

                                        we read and listen to all suggestions.

                                        so feel free to report here, via email or by letter

                                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • JQLJ
                                          JQL
                                          last edited by

                                          No compalaints here. Looking too good to be true.

                                          Have to test it on this project but the damn client keeps messing around with it... (and me too)

                                          I WILL DO IT...

                                          just so I can complain again!

                                          www.casca.pt
                                          Visit us on facebook!

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Rich O BrienR
                                            Rich O Brien Moderator
                                            last edited by

                                            😲

                                            [sw:jx6j1vdg]ZX4ypjlxUXCkdgn[/sw:jx6j1vdg]

                                            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 2 / 14
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement