sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUp 2015 is 64bit

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    302 Posts 74 Posters 115.7k Views 74 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • hellnbakH
      hellnbak
      last edited by

      One thing that's a bit annoying with 2015 is that they switched position for "Create" and "Cancel" buttons in the Create Component box.

      SSU8
      2014-11-09_183722.png
      2015
      2014-11-09_183834.png

      I don't know how many times I have hit "Cancel" when I meant to hit "Create".

      Wonder why they did that. Can't think of any advantage to doing it.

      Oh, well, I'm still very, extremely pleased with 2015.

      "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Dave RD
        Dave R
        last edited by

        It's been that way since SU2013, anyway. I never noticed because I use the Enter key instead of clicking on the button. Hit G, type the component name and hit Enter or hit G followed by Enter if I don't need to make a name for it.

        Etaoin Shrdlu

        %

        (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

        G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

        M30

        %

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • hellnbakH
          hellnbak
          last edited by

          @dave r said:

          It's been that way since SU2013, anyway. I never noticed because I use the Enter key instead of clicking on the button. Hit G, type the component name and hit Enter or hit G followed by Enter if I don't need to make a name for it.

          You mean if just hit Enter it will create the component?

          Either way, it's no big deal. I'm using 2014 for all my modeling now, so I'll get used to it. Small price to pay.

          Thanks Dave

          "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Dave RD
            Dave R
            last edited by

            It's pretty much just like any other Windows thing. If the button is highlighted, hitting Enter is as good as clicking on it.

            I'm not picking on you but I can't help but wonder what else you might be doing the hard way. πŸ˜‰

            Etaoin Shrdlu

            %

            (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

            G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

            M30

            %

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • hellnbakH
              hellnbak
              last edited by

              @dave r said:

              I'm not picking on you but I can't help but wonder what else you might be doing the hard way. πŸ˜‰

              Undoubtedly a lot of things πŸ˜†

              But I've grown used to the way I'm doing things in SU, and learning new tricks is so painful, I'll just continue to plod along. Old dog, new tricks......

              "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Dave RD
                Dave R
                last edited by

                Woof! πŸ˜‰

                Etaoin Shrdlu

                %

                (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                M30

                %

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • hellnbakH
                  hellnbak
                  last edited by

                  @dave r said:

                  Woof! πŸ˜‰

                  πŸ˜†

                  "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • KrisidiousK
                    Krisidious
                    last edited by

                    They probably changed it because a Mac guy made it first... They do everything backwards. If you notice on SCF when you click on an image the X is on the left instead of the right. I just know it was a Mac user who made it that way. πŸ˜‰

                    By: Kristoff Rand
                    Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • hellnbakH
                      hellnbak
                      last edited by

                      What's a Mac? You mean a Big Mac? πŸ˜†

                      "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • KrisidiousK
                        Krisidious
                        last edited by

                        I think it's actually on the fruit side of the food pyramid.

                        By: Kristoff Rand
                        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • D
                          driven
                          last edited by

                          @krisidious said:

                          They probably changed it because a Mac guy made it first... They do everything backwards. If you notice on SCF when you click on an image the X is on the left instead of the right. I just know it was a Mac user who made it that way. πŸ˜‰
                          pardon...

                          learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • KrisidiousK
                            Krisidious
                            last edited by

                            But has it always been there?

                            By: Kristoff Rand
                            Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • M
                              Mra
                              last edited by

                              How does everyone do the upgrade?

                              1. Copy plugins folder and hope nothing breaks (Sketcucation plugin store does)
                              2. Download all the plugins again?
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Dave RD
                                Dave R
                                last edited by

                                Download fresh copies so you are sure to have the latest ones.

                                Etaoin Shrdlu

                                %

                                (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                M30

                                %

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • M
                                  Mra
                                  last edited by

                                  Thanks, although I'm still having massive issues with performance.

                                  Anyone else running SU2015 with a Quadro card?

                                  2014 Sketchup is very fast but 2015 the framerate drops below 1fps when dragging the window around or tumbling through a model. I can't see it being my graphics card since 2014 is fine.

                                  Anyone else with a Quadro having issues?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • KrisidiousK
                                    Krisidious
                                    last edited by

                                    Other Quadros have mentioned issues... Are you up to date on drivers?

                                    By: Kristoff Rand
                                    Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • M
                                      Mra
                                      last edited by

                                      Yes, the very latest clean install from nVidia - it looks like is an issue with SU2015 only because 3DS Max, SU2014 and other 3d programs fly on this card.

                                      It seems that "Software mode" in SU2015 is actually faster than using hardware acceleration. I'll try and log a bug but I don't have a licence for SU2015 yet (needed when filling out the form). Does anyone know how I can send details/info the SU devs?

                                      Edit: figured it out, After turning on Software mode, closing the program, then opening SU2015 again and turning back on hardware acceleration it seems that it is fast again. I can only assume it must've been doing some really high AA before as it looks like its okay now as it forced a rest in the settings somewhere. Hopefully this can help anyone if they run into the same issue.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • KrisidiousK
                                        Krisidious
                                        last edited by

                                        Good deal MRA. Might make a stand alone post for your issue and fix so that other Quadros will see it and will find it in searches.

                                        And even though you can't make a report, SU Team are on this forum and there's a good chance one of them will see things like this as we discuss it.

                                        By: Kristoff Rand
                                        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • jeff hammondJ
                                          jeff hammond
                                          last edited by

                                          @driven said:

                                          @krisidious said:

                                          They probably changed it because a Mac guy made it first... They do everything backwards. If you notice on SCF when you click on an image the X is on the left instead of the right. I just know it was a Mac user who made it that way. πŸ˜‰
                                          [attachment=1:262gdhoj]<!-- ia1 -->2014-11-10 12.00.24 am.png<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:262gdhoj]

                                          i think kris is talking about the forum software (here).. the close X for an expanded image is at top-left.. (and sure. that's mac like)

                                          [attachment=0:262gdhoj]<!-- ia0 -->Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 10.58.25 PM.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:262gdhoj]

                                          re: the buttons.. on mac at least, they always (i think) have the 'positive' action on the right side then the cancel or other actions to the left.. (as shown in your @john screenshot.. that's consistent throughout the OS)


                                          Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 10.58.25 PM.png

                                          dotdotdot

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • KrisidiousK
                                            Krisidious
                                            last edited by

                                            indeed I was... I wonder why the switched that button?

                                            By: Kristoff Rand
                                            Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 15
                                            • 16
                                            • 4 / 16
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement