sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Stained glass from a texture

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    4 Posts 3 Posters 425 Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M
      Matheos
      last edited by

      Is there a way I can render a texture from a image as stained glass? I;ve tried without succes. When I make a window and I attach simply a color, Podium renders the color good. But when I use a image as texture and give it transparency, it renders white. No colors. What did I do wrong?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • soloS
        solo
        last edited by

        I'm not a Podium user however I'd check the face orientation or to be safe paint both sides with that texture

        http://www.solos-art.com

        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • M
          Matheos
          last edited by

          I've painted both sides with that texture but the results are still white, not colored

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • TIGT
            TIG Moderator
            last edited by

            Give your glass a real thickness.
            View it in Monochrome mode with a Style that uses a distinctive back_face color.
            If any back face looks outwards, select that face, and use the Reverse... context-menu tool.
            Now apply your 'stained-glass' textured-material to the faces as needed.

            You then need to ensure that this material is correctly configured and applied in the Podium Materials editor...

            Then try Podium again...

            TIG

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            • 1 / 1
            • First post
              Last post
            Buy SketchPlus
            Buy SUbD
            Buy WrapR
            Buy eBook
            Buy Modelur
            Buy Vertex Tools
            Buy SketchCuisine
            Buy FormFonts

            Advertisement