sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUp 2014

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    205 Posts 79 Posters 71.8k Views 79 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      dedmin
      last edited by

      @box said:

      I'm must admit I'm sick and tired of people complaining about SU2014 and even 2013, generally it is people who have never bothered to try the new versions that have the strongest negative opinions. Mostly from ignorance. The plugin transfer for one is getting easier by the update, but because people don't bother to read anything they think it is harder.
      Get off your high horses and go with the future or go use something else.

      Yes, I did it. Went with "the future", saw the same past and found something else πŸ˜„

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • B
        BeePee
        last edited by

        I'm deeply regretting upgrading from Sketcup 2013 to 2014. It is so unstable!! If it doesn't hang repeatedly for long periods it simply crashes. I have to manually save every few seconds. I have Autosave now set for one minute, but then I end up with horrendously long file names...

        What a mess! I see others are having problems too. When's the fix coming?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • B
          BeePee
          last edited by

          I should add I have Windows 7. Sketchup has gone from being a pleasure to use to an almighty pain with the 2014 version.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Dave RD
            Dave R
            last edited by

            I haven't had that experience at all. SketchUp 2014 is very stable on my Win 7 machine as well as on my Mac. I haven't seen any reason to go back to an earlier version at all.

            Etaoin Shrdlu

            %

            (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

            G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

            M30

            %

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • tt_suT
              tt_su
              last edited by

              @beepee said:

              If it doesn't hang repeatedly for long periods it simply crashes.

              Have you submitted the BugSplats? Did you enter any information in the dialog we can use to look it up?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Dan RathbunD
                Dan Rathbun
                last edited by

                I'll bet it is a plugin causing the instability.

                I'm not here much anymore.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • TIGT
                  TIG Moderator
                  last edited by

                  Have you tried running it with all Plugins/Extensions disabled ?
                  Still get issues ?

                  What do you have loading ??

                  TIG

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • xiombargX
                    xiombarg
                    last edited by

                    I had a minor issue when it was first released, which thanks to TIG was solved quickly, but since then I haven't had any problems at all. Stability has been solid so far.

                    It would probably be good if Trimble started to recognize Sketchup as substantially more than an architectural program... but when you have plugin authors like Fredo, thomthom and TIG (and everyone else who has so generously donated their time and talents) it's making it quite easy to customize Sketchup to whatever kind of modelling software you want it to be.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • M
                      menes
                      last edited by

                      Hello everybody,
                      one question sorry, going through of the posts here I could'nt find.
                      Does SU2014 solved the problem with 64 bit OS previews ?
                      thanks

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Dave RD
                        Dave R
                        last edited by

                        No. SU2014 isn't 64bit.

                        Plenty of discussions on that topic here. πŸ˜’

                        Etaoin Shrdlu

                        %

                        (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                        G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                        M30

                        %

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 9 / 11
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement