sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUp 2013 ;)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    433 Posts 101 Posters 182.1k Views 101 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S
      slbaumgartner
      last edited by

      Dan, I suspect there was (or maybe still is) a glitch on the site. The first time I downloaded, I got the Windows installer exe, but on the second try I got the Mac dmg. I didn't do anything different, so I think they probably fixed it.

      Steve

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • C
        cuttingedge
        last edited by

        @cotty said:

        I'm not able to find a windows version?!

        Sure there is a windows version... I don't know , the first one I downloaded was Mac Installer, then tried again and automatically downloaded the exe file. πŸ˜†

        You’ve just been given an enormous amount of power and influence. Please wield it for the good of others, and have fun.... so like it (taken from a movie or somethin'?) πŸ˜„

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • CadFatherC
          CadFather
          last edited by

          @jiminy-billy-bob said:

          @cadfather said:

          check out the new orbit tool icon.. you don't even have to press the mouse wheel.. πŸ‘

          You mean this one ?
          http://i.imgur.com/9Xiro9T.jpg

          Oh wait...

          that's the one... guess i'll get used to it, but was hoping for a slightly sleeker cursor there.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • jiminy-billy-bobJ
            jiminy-billy-bob
            last edited by

            @cadfather said:

            You mean this one ?
            http://i.imgur.com/9Xiro9T.jpg

            Oh wait...

            that's the one... guess i'll get used to it, but was hoping for a slightly sleeker cursor there.[/quote]
            You're joking, right ?

            Just in case : The one I posted is from v7 (V8 is blue I believe). Nothing new here πŸ˜„

            25% off Skatter for SketchUcation Premium Members

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Dave RD
              Dave R
              last edited by

              The Orbit tool in 2013 doesn't look like that at all.

              Etaoin Shrdlu

              %

              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

              M30

              %

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • M
                mwm5053
                last edited by

                @ Dave So I need to download Pro trial. How would I get 2013 Lic. ?

                2011 iMac
                SU 2015 Pro, 2017 Make
                V2 Twilight
                macOS Sierra 10.12.5

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Dave RD
                  Dave R
                  last edited by

                  @mwm5053 said:

                  @ Dave So I need to download Pro trial. How would I get 2013 Lic. ?

                  did you get my PM?

                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                  %

                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                  M30

                  %

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • CadFatherC
                    CadFather
                    last edited by

                    @dave r said:

                    The Orbit tool in 2013 doesn't look like that at all.

                    yes it does.. πŸ˜‰

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • jiminy-billy-bobJ
                      jiminy-billy-bob
                      last edited by

                      @dave r said:

                      The Orbit tool in 2013 doesn't look like that at all.

                      Yeah it looks like this
                      http://i.imgur.com/mrFpDFN.png

                      But it does exactly the same thing, doesn't it ?

                      25% off Skatter for SketchUcation Premium Members

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        danb
                        last edited by

                        Steve, Thanks.

                        I also found that if you change the word form windows to mac in the browser bar the it take you to the correct version

                        best regards

                        Dan

                        Sketchup Pro 2019/20
                        OSX 10.15.3
                        Macbook Pro

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Dave RD
                          Dave R
                          last edited by

                          @jiminy-billy-bob said:

                          @dave r said:

                          The Orbit tool in 2013 doesn't look like that at all.

                          Yeah it looks like this
                          http://i.imgur.com/mrFpDFN.png

                          But it does exactly the same thing, doesn't it ?

                          Who said anything about it doing anything different. That is the new one, though. CADFather, what're you smoking? πŸ˜‰

                          Etaoin Shrdlu

                          %

                          (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                          G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                          M30

                          %

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • N
                            notareal
                            last edited by

                            @dave r said:

                            Yes, 2013 is released. If you're after the free version you want to download SketchUp 2013 Make.

                            Looks like there is no more commercial use with free SU. SketchUp 2013 Make license agreement http://sketchup.com/license/b/sketchup-make?width=800&height=600

                            @unknownuser said:

                            ...Trimble Navigation Limited and/or its affiliates ("Trimble") gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the executable version of the Software for non-commercial use only. Non-commercial use means: you may not sell, rent, lease or lend the output of the Software or the Services. If you are a for-profit organization of any kind, or an employee of a for-profit organization using the Software or Services in that capacity, you are engaged in commercial activity; therefore, in order to use the Software and Services, you must purchase a SketchUp Pro license.

                            Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Dave RD
                              Dave R
                              last edited by

                              That's right.

                              Etaoin Shrdlu

                              %

                              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                              M30

                              %

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • jiminy-billy-bobJ
                                jiminy-billy-bob
                                last edited by

                                @dave r said:

                                Who said anything about it doing anything different.

                                CadFather did :

                                @cadfather said:

                                check out the new orbit tool icon.. you don't even have to press the mouse wheel.. πŸ‘

                                I'm confused, I don't know if he's joking any more ^^

                                25% off Skatter for SketchUcation Premium Members

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Dave RD
                                  Dave R
                                  last edited by

                                  I think he's on drugs. πŸ˜„

                                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                                  %

                                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                  M30

                                  %

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • CadFatherC
                                    CadFather
                                    last edited by

                                    yes, sorry for hijacking the thread but Dave is right - smoking sketchup has been my substance of choice for the last 10 years - and still get that 'high' feeling... 😎 πŸ˜†

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • J
                                      julyyen
                                      last edited by

                                      This is a huge and unexpected release!
                                      The new version was announced for this autumn!
                                      Anyway, I am so glad and I'm gonna test it tomorrow, hope the free version will have
                                      line weight, if not, maybe next time.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • D
                                        danb
                                        last edited by

                                        I have just had a quick play around with 2013, apart from the icons ( which are less visible than before for some reason) could anyone please tell me if anything has improved. It seems very much the same except for the extension warehouse which we already have here

                                        thanks

                                        Dan

                                        Sketchup Pro 2019/20
                                        OSX 10.15.3
                                        Macbook Pro

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Bob JamesB
                                          Bob James
                                          last edited by

                                          I downloaded it but it is a .dmg not a .exe????
                                          There was no choice offered for Win or Mac, Maker or Pro

                                          i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 2x GTX780 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 500GB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro, X-keys XK-60

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • CadFatherC
                                            CadFather
                                            last edited by

                                            i think that's the main bulk - there are other minor improvements/fixes but nothing really major. feels a bit more stable with some of my biggest models. layout also feels a lot more solid and faster... it's also a move to provide a different layout and hopefully set the stage for further new developments - i'm missing some of those old days sketchup surprises (still remember when they came up with a follow me tool hidden in the tools menu!) ...right now most of the changes that at least i'd like to see are in the wish list...

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 18
                                            • 19
                                            • 20
                                            • 21
                                            • 22
                                            • 21 / 22
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement