sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    White Living

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    25 Posts 18 Posters 4.9k Views 18 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • P
      pibuz
      last edited by

      Hi pals! Thank you a lot, really! The appreciation of the community means a lot to me!
      The entire scene is done with sketchup (and I wouldn't exclude the possibility to share it all in short time, if it can be useful to anyone), but some of the hipoly models included (the two plants e.g.) are obj "external references", supported by the great SkIndigo (another cool trick by Dale Martens AKA Whaat). All the rest is only a patchwork of good models I found browsing the web. I worked a little on the lamps, which were imported as 3ds files found in the websites of the specific firms (they're quite common models, easy to find). A big THANK YOU and all the credit for the books is dedicated to Teofas (drawn from the beautiful "architect's office" scene), who saved my a** once again.

      WEB (ita) - https://filipposcarso.wixsite.com/ordinentropico

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • novenaN
        novena
        last edited by

        wow! your work is just fantastic... could you talk a little bit about rendering times???

        http://hdzarkitektur.wordpress.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • beginnerB
          beginner
          last edited by

          Executed to perfection πŸ‘
          Prefer the 2nd with lights ON

          Regards, SU 'beginner'

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • P
            pibuz
            last edited by

            Hi Novena!
            Render time was quite long, due probably to the original render high resolution (which was 8500pixels wide) and the number of light layers (one for each lightsource, so that I could adjust them during the rendering). The total rendering time was 60hours or so.
            I must say that I let it cook over my old and faithful q6600 (quad core, 2.44GHz I think), an up-to-date hardware configuration could have done it in 24 hrs I think.

            WEB (ita) - https://filipposcarso.wixsite.com/ordinentropico

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • N
              ninopiamonte
              last edited by

              I've seen it already in the forum, and it was
              You just really deserve to win with that result!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Mike AmosM
                Mike Amos
                last edited by

                Really nice PR render, fantastic. Any chance you could share the file/model? No worries if not I reckon a few people would like the chance to see what their render engine could produce fom it is all. Really nice mate.

                Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • CarlohC
                  Carloh
                  last edited by

                  woooow...that ground texture looks fantastic!!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • cheddaC
                    chedda
                    last edited by

                    excellent job

                    Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • P
                      pibuz
                      last edited by

                      @chedda
                      Thanks a lot!

                      @carloh
                      Hi mate! The wooden planks come from CGtextures, great texture although I had my "fun" making it seamless πŸ˜† Bump and exponent maps are directly drawn from that (2 fast passes in PS)

                      @MikeAmos
                      I'll upload the model ASAP. Keep in mind that there could be "false" geometry, used as dummy for higher poly external and internal models. Rendering with something different from Indigo will certainly produce different outputs.

                      @ninopiamonte
                      Thanks my friend. πŸ˜‰

                      WEB (ita) - https://filipposcarso.wixsite.com/ordinentropico

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        cuttingedge
                        last edited by

                        Great work.. I love the floor and the ceiling. Looks so natural, not flat like how I usually do it. Lighting is perfect. The only 2 things which would
                        rather not look real is the curtain nearest to the camera, and 2nd the throw pillows. Otherwise all models seem to be good enough for a perfect render.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • soloS
                          solo
                          last edited by

                          πŸ‘

                          Awesome render, you captured the mood well, a true homage to what a good unbiased render engine is capable of in the right hands.

                          http://www.solos-art.com

                          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • hellnbakH
                            hellnbak
                            last edited by

                            One of the best I've seen on these forums πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                            "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • P
                              pibuz
                              last edited by

                              @cuttingedge
                              Hi pal! I was never convinced by the exact same things, but the time was running out and I had none to spend to fix those. They're not "photorealistic" but still "acceptable".. Maybe I'll be able to work on that in a couple of weeks. Thanks a lot by the way!

                              @solo
                              Thanks a lot mate! A compliment like this from a pro like you really flatters me.

                              @hellnbak
                              Thanks a lot!

                              WEB (ita) - https://filipposcarso.wixsite.com/ordinentropico

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • john2J
                                john2
                                last edited by

                                wow!!. Indigo render produces such awesome effects!! πŸ‘ superb!! i thought vray was the most photorealistic one. πŸ˜‰

                                Sketchup Make 2017 (64-bit), Vray 4.0 , Windows 10 – 64 bit, corei7-8750H, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  Excellent render. Indigo, huh? Wow.

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • cottyC
                                    cotty
                                    last edited by

                                    Congratulations on winning the competition!

                                    my SketchUp gallery

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • john2J
                                      john2
                                      last edited by

                                      @bryan k said:

                                      Excellent render. Indigo, huh? Wow.

                                      indigo was taken for granted. vray was making a lot of noise. looks like indigo is an underdog in realistic rendering. πŸ‘

                                      Sketchup Make 2017 (64-bit), Vray 4.0 , Windows 10 – 64 bit, corei7-8750H, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • N
                                        ninopiamonte
                                        last edited by

                                        Congrats! Pibuz
                                        You've just won the competition.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • P
                                          pibuz
                                          last edited by

                                          @ ninopiamonte
                                          Hi mate! Thanks a lot!

                                          @ John2
                                          ..indeed, unbiased renderers are usually able to compute the most realistic scenes, as far as I know, because they trace the light reflections without "shortcuts", thing that the biased renderers instead do. BTW, the final result is what that counts, and I simply find me more familiar with the unbiased render engines.

                                          @ Cotty
                                          Thanks my friend! I always follow your wonderful Artisan creations with interest!

                                          WEB (ita) - https://filipposcarso.wixsite.com/ordinentropico

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • T
                                            the.pjt
                                            last edited by

                                            awsome texturing with perfect textures .. .... specially the reflection maps .. and this awsome render ...... pibuz

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement