sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Most impressive SketchUp modelling

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    266 Posts 93 Posters 409.9k Views 93 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pbacotP
      pbacot
      last edited by

      @liam887 said:

      Yeah this is a great idea im fed up of people saying how awful sketchup is and not worthy to compete with the other software such as 3ds and maya I have this argument constantly on scifimeshes.com.

      I think Im going to make a page on my blog for the best of the best sketchup models feel free to link people to that page as it will be just images thet everybody can view!

      And of course ill credit each image with the creator etc

      http://liam887.wordpress.com/google-sketchup-hall-of-fame/

      And by the way silvershadows boat is Snowberry not blueberry haha

      I just came upon Liam's note way at the beginning of this thread so I thought I'd bump it because many people have probably missed his link-- worth a look.

      Thanks, Liam!

      Peter

      MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • artysmediaA
        artysmedia
        last edited by

        @liam887 said:

        I shall post some work to go with that!

        You have a very impresive list of models here, liam πŸ˜„

        Working with: Win7 64 bit OS - Core i5 - 2,27GHz and 8GB RAM

        Blog: Artysmedia

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • M
          Mitchieboy
          last edited by

          whats your opinion on this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6riVwzaio4

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • jgbJ
            jgb
            last edited by

            @mitchieboy said:

            whats your opinion on this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6riVwzaio4

            Very well done. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

            My only criticism is considering the high quality of the work in general, I would have used a much higher segment count for the wheels and fenders, to smooth out those curves. It looks like the default 24.
            I would have used at least 48 or even 60+ just for those large circles.


            jgb

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • M
              MakerCat
              last edited by

              AUGH! You guys are so good! It's not fair! X3

              "If music be the food of love, play on. . ."

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • urgenU
                urgen
                last edited by

                ...I think it should be here... 😎
                http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=40998

                http://forums.sketchucation.com/download/file.php?id=77459&t=1

                http://forums.sketchucation.com/download/file.php?id=77657&t=1

                --pupil forever...------

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • hellnbakH
                  hellnbak
                  last edited by

                  Here are a few more photos of JMJ-Ohio's amazing work.

                  4a.jpg

                  7aa.jpg

                  8a.jpg

                  1a 1.jpg

                  9a 1.jpg

                  12a.jpg

                  13a.jpg

                  27aa.jpg

                  40aa.jpg

                  38a.jpg

                  FORD 427 SOHC 11-06-2 a.jpg

                  Below are a few shots of the '32 Ford Highboy he is building to house his fantastic engine. It's still a work in progress.

                  32 Ford Highboy 11-10_1 a.jpg

                  32 Ford Highboy 11-10_2 a.jpg

                  32 Ford Highboy 11-10_3 a.jpg

                  "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • jgbJ
                    jgb
                    last edited by

                    If you put your ear to the screen, you can actually hear it running


                    jgb

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • hellnbakH
                      hellnbak
                      last edited by

                      @jgb said:

                      If you put your ear to the screen, you can actually hear it running

                      I tried that - burned my ear on the exhaust pipe πŸ˜’

                      "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • M
                        Mmoore3d0324
                        last edited by

                        Just amazing stuff everyone. I hope I can be half that good some day.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • C
                          Cherryni
                          last edited by

                          I like your third image, so nice.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • numbthumbN
                            numbthumb
                            last edited by

                            TademaΒ΄s Beckford's Folly:
                            finished Image.jpg

                            Comfortably numb...

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • pbacotP
                              pbacot
                              last edited by

                              a πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ for both of the last two (Tadema and Axeonalias)! Definitely two of the greatest examples! Peter

                              MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • irwanwrI
                                irwanwr
                                last edited by

                                what about my favourite frigate,
                                made by Axeonalias

                                http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7011/6559275839_bc5682c165_b.jpg

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • hellnbakH
                                  hellnbak
                                  last edited by

                                  Just had to submit these, a Honda CT70 motorcycle created by unigami. Incredible detail!


                                  Honda CT70 kt rear 900.png


                                  Honda CT70 kt front 900.png


                                  Honda CT70 left d.png


                                  Honda CT70 right d.png


                                  Honda CT70 front d.png


                                  Honda CT70 speedo d.png


                                  Honda CT70 engine right d.png


                                  Honda CT70 engine left d.png

                                  "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Z
                                    zzchatom
                                    last edited by

                                    http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7759/frontqam.jpg

                                    By zzchatom at 2012-01-26

                                    http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4283/backrbe.jpg

                                    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                                    Architecture bridge house Model

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • L
                                      liam887
                                      last edited by

                                      That is great!

                                      VISIT MY ONLINE GALLERY
                                      http://www.robotsvdinosaurs.com/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • MarianM
                                        Marian
                                        last edited by

                                        Sorry for the big pictures I couldn't resize them with the HTML code.

                                        Here are some awesome spaceships done by Scifiwarships. http://scifiwarships.blogspot.com/view/flipcard
                                        http://scifiwarships.deviantart.com/gallery/ http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?q=scifiwarships&styp=m&scoring=t&btnG=Search

                                        http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/020/a/3/phallanx_tactical_battle_drone_by_scifiwarships-d4n16mq.jpg

                                        Rendered with Kerky

                                        http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/036/b/b/tac_bat_painted_by_mikemars_by_scifiwarships-d4orxmo.jpg

                                        Painted in PS by Michael Marsicano http://mikemars.deviantart.com/gallery/

                                        http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/031/a/0/meridian_battlecruiser_colors_by_scifiwarships-d4o9aub.jpg

                                        http://marian87.deviantart.com/

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • MarianM
                                          Marian
                                          last edited by

                                          Also here are the videos showing how that ship was painted ovr in PS.
                                          http://vimeo.com/35482176

                                          http://marian87.deviantart.com/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • hellnbakH
                                            hellnbak
                                            last edited by

                                            Wow, I'll bet this guy sleeps in a spacesuit with a phaser under his pillow πŸ˜† I'm not really into spacecraft that much but these are some of the best I've seen. He doesn't go overboard with the details like some I've seen, they are clean and very well thought out.

                                            The video tutorial on post processing is excellent, I've only watched about 6 minutes of it and already I've learned a lot.

                                            Thanks for posting this Marian πŸ‘

                                            "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 8 / 14
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement