sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] TT_Lib²

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    310 Posts 66 Posters 479.5k Views 66 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • H
      hygicell
      last edited by

      I have tried so many things, and I don't remember the sequence

      I am learning to master solids, which is why I installed solid inspector
      at a certain moment it did work
      later I installed fixSolid, which does a nice job
      too bad it doesn't work on components yet

      since I am working on an important drawing for which I need my plugins I have reinstated the original plugins folder, but with 1001bit removed
      that didn't seem to help

      the virtualstore plugins folder is now deleted, but I guess reinstalling 1001bit will recreate it
      ScreenHunter_32 Oct. 10 10.35.jpg

      for the moment I don't need 1001bit
      I can easily again rename both plugins folders (mine and the empty one)
      just tell me what to do
      thanks for your efforts and fast replies
      Frank

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • thomthomT
        thomthom
        last edited by

        I'd like to test the following:

        1:

        • Empty VirtualStore
        • Empty Plugins Folder
          Does any error appear then?

        2: (If #1 doesn't produce any error)

        • Empty VirtualStore
        • Empty Plugins folder
        • Install Vertex Tools - using the Install Extension feature in SketchUp
          Any errors then?

        Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • H
          hygicell
          last edited by

          1.a do you mean completely empty visualstore (or rename it and create an empty one)?
          1.b I think you mean: rename plugins folders, so that plugins is empty?

          2.a do you mean completely empty visualstore (or rename it and create an empty one)?
          2.b I think I tried that (without 2.a) with good results (see page 7, 2/3 down) except for the solid inspector error
          and, as said, I don't need solid inspector for the moment

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • thomthomT
            thomthom
            last edited by

            I want to see what happens when you have nothing in the VirtualStore folder and the Plugins folder. Because it's was very odd how it previously seemed to indicate something was still loading. (the solid inspector)

            Re: 2.b Yes, we tried that, but before checking the VirtualStore.

            Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • H
              hygicell
              last edited by

              ... and it might be that I had installed solid inspector in between tests, as I was in the learning curve for solids
              which would probably explain the error

              please be more specific for both folders: empty completely or temporarily rename and create an emty one

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • thomthomT
                thomthom
                last edited by

                @hygicell said:

                ... and it might be that I had installed solid inspector in between tests, as I was in the learning curve for solids
                which would probably explain the error

                That would make more sense.

                @hygicell said:

                please be more specific for both folders: empty completely or temporarily rename and create an emty one

                Doesn't matter how you empty them. Rename, move or whatever.

                Just try to start SketchUp with empty Plugins folder and empty VirtualStore folder.

                If it starts without errors with empty Plugins folder, install Vertex Tools.

                If Vertex Tools then works it would indicate some issue with your existing plugins folder and you'd have to incrementally start to reinstall your other plugins and see when any error appearing.

                We would then be able to identify when the problem occurs and determine if we're looking at a plugin conflict.

                Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • H
                  hygicell
                  last edited by

                  I think we have established that ttVertex works, apart for the solids inspector error
                  I am ready to do as you recommend

                  thought it would maybe spare us some time if first I test with all extensions except ttVertex disabled in the preferences window:
                  ScreenHunter_33 Oct. 10 13.45.jpg
                  ScreenHunter_34 Oct. 10 13.46.jpg
                  ScreenHunter_35 Oct. 10 13.46.jpg

                  didn't do much good, quite the contrary 😠
                  so I will proceed
                  but while I start doing what you ask, maybe you can inspect if at first sight there might be a conflict that has been exposed:

                  Error Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/TT_Vertex/loader.rb
                  uninitialized constant TT_VertexError Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/lss_toolbar/lss_blend.rb
                  undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/lss_toolbar/lss_crvsmth.rb undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/lss_toolbar/lss_ctrlpnts.rb
                  undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/lss_toolbar/lss_fllwedgs.rb undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/lss_toolbar/lss_mshstick.rb
                  undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/lss_toolbar/lss_pathface.rb undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/lss_toolbar/lss_pnts2mesh.rb
                  undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/lss_toolbar/lss_recursive.rb undefined method add_item' for nil:NilClassError Loading File C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/lss_toolbar/lss_tlbr_common.rb
                  undefined method `add_separator' for nil:NilClass

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • thomthomT
                    thomthom
                    last edited by

                    Not all plugins can be enabled/disabled via the Extension list.

                    Not sure about that error. I'm unfamiliar with that is prefixed with "lss"... But this doesn't mean immediately there's a conflict with that. Maybe something it required was deactivated. This is why to be sure one need to do one by one - I'm afraid.

                    Just to be 100% sure I've understood correctly: Vertex Tools loads with no issues when it's installed by itself?

                    Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • H
                      hygicell
                      last edited by

                      you must be hungry by now,
                      so I have sent you a box of cookies (Belgian First Quality Pralines)
                      Frank
                      😍

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • thomthomT
                        thomthom
                        last edited by

                        @hygicell said:

                        you must be hungry by now,
                        so I have sent you a box of cookies
                        Frank

                        😲

                        That was mighty kind of you! Now let us hope we can pin down the source of your issue. I'll feel really bad if I cannot help. 😕

                        Btw, are you going to Basecamp?

                        Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • H
                          hygicell
                          last edited by

                          I will proceed along your instructions

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • H
                            hygicell
                            last edited by

                            @thomthom said:

                            Not all plugins can be enabled/disabled via the Extension list.

                            a suggestion for a plugin or for sketchup?
                            would make debugging fast and easy

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • thomthomT
                              thomthom
                              last edited by

                              @hygicell said:

                              @thomthom said:

                              Not all plugins can be enabled/disabled via the Extension list.

                              a suggestion for a plugin or for sketchup?
                              would make debugging fast and easy

                              I think Dana was working on a Plugin Manager... ...I'll poke him and query the status.

                              Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • thomthomT
                                thomthom
                                last edited by

                                Whoa! After a remote session (thanks to Teamviewer) I found the culprit! It was organizer which doesn't just modify the menus etc, it even loads the files it iterates - causing Vertex Tools' loader.rb to be loaded before tt_vertex.rb - because it made the assumption that nothing other than tt_vertex.rb would be loading it. 😒

                                Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • H
                                  hygicell
                                  last edited by

                                      :facepunch:  :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:  :heart_eyes:  :sunglasses:  :sunny:  :smile:  :smile:  :wink:  :open_mouth:  :astonished:
                                  

                                  Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 15.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Dave RD
                                    Dave R
                                    last edited by

                                    Organizer?

                                    Etaoin Shrdlu

                                    %

                                    (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                    G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                    M30

                                    %

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • thomthomT
                                      thomthom
                                      last edited by

                                      File Not Found

                                      favicon

                                      (www.smustard.com)

                                      Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Dave RD
                                        Dave R
                                        last edited by

                                        Ah. So that's not so good.

                                        Etaoin Shrdlu

                                        %

                                        (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                        G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                        M30

                                        %

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • thomthomT
                                          thomthom
                                          last edited by

                                          It does say in the description of Organizer that sub-folders in the plugins folder needs to be excluded (because it assumes all sub-folders otherwise belongs to Smustard... 😕 )

                                          But I had no idea how that plugin worked. I was just somewhat aware it did something with the menus. So now I've been debugging, with my user who's also had to deal with this, for the last three days. I don't like the invasive behaviour of Organizer.

                                          Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • TIGT
                                            TIG Moderator
                                            last edited by

                                            Neither had I !

                                            @unknownuser said:

                                            There is also a mechanism for developers to easily exclude their subfolders so Organizer will not try to load the contents of those folders. This should result in a smoother experience for users, who won't have to contend with manually maintaining the excluded folders list in the SmustardOrganizerExcludeFolders.txt file.

                                            To do this: in your subfolder, create an empty text file called "exclude.txt" - that's it!
                                            I too don't like the way that 'other developers' [AKA most of us] are expected to avoid their sledgehammer.
                                            There are many tools that have subfolders of other files that don't auto-load...
                                            They never should be auto-loaded anyway !? Surely that must be up to loader-scripts or extension-loaders to decide... Why has RickW made it this way at all ?
                                            Have you messaged him ??
                                            Another candidate for the 'Quarantine Badge' 😒

                                            TIG

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 15
                                            • 16
                                            • 6 / 16
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement