sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Help shaping handle cut out

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    7 Posts 4 Posters 605 Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • G
      Gumleguf
      last edited by

      Hi there experts,

      I need your help teaching me how to cut out the following handle. I apologise for the drawing in advance, and hope your are still able to see what I mean:

      handles.GIF

      /Greg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • TIGT
        TIG Moderator
        last edited by

        Try something like this...Capture.PNG

        TIG

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Jean LemireJ
          Jean Lemire
          last edited by

          Hi Greg, hi folks.

          See this SU file for ideas.


          Handle.skp

          Jean (Johnny) Lemire from Repentigny, Quebec, Canada.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • G
            Gumleguf
            last edited by

            Guys! Thanks for your replies! I had not seen that you'd replied, since I received no notification emails from the forum. Hmm.... I'll make sure to check manually in the future.

            Thanks for your suggestions. I'll give a try once I get home, and get back to you.

            Cheers,

            Greg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • G
              Gumleguf
              last edited by

              TIG > I'm afraid I don't quite understand the steps involved in making your handle.

              Jean Lemire > Thanks so much for a brilliant description! Highly appreciated. I was able to build the following just from reading your instructions once:

              handle_01.skp

              Thanks again guys for helping out. 😍

              /G

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • TIGT
                TIG Moderator
                last edited by

                Draw the face representing the area to go.
                Draw the path it should follow.
                Select the path.
                Select the FollowMe tool.
                Pick the face and it sweeps along the path.
                The form is made, including unwanted geometry.
                Erase unwanted geometry - you now have the handle 'recess' removed from the slab, with its faces formed as needed.

                TIG

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • jeff hammondJ
                  jeff hammond
                  last edited by

                  pretty much the same thing as jean's method but done on the wood(?) itself..

                  [flash=660,405:1g7vpdzm]http://www.youtube.com/v/cWlF6KgsUM8?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1[/flash:1g7vpdzm]

                  dotdotdot

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                  Register Login
                  • 1 / 1
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  Buy SketchPlus
                  Buy SUbD
                  Buy WrapR
                  Buy eBook
                  Buy Modelur
                  Buy Vertex Tools
                  Buy SketchCuisine
                  Buy FormFonts

                  Advertisement