sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    New(ish) HouseBuilder ruby?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    14 Posts 8 Posters 4.5k Views 8 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T
      tim
      last edited by

      Aaaannd... now I've managed to remove a really stupid bug that made the system beep every time you click for a context menu and the selection is not a wall. SIgh.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • GaieusG
        Gaieus
        last edited by

        Ah, that's the infamous beep with housebuilder!
        πŸ˜„

        Gai...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • W
          watkins
          last edited by

          Dear Tim,

          Perhaps you could release your de-bugged version. I am sure that it would be useful to some Forum members. What is the etiquette here?

          Kind regards,
          Bob

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • T
            tim
            last edited by

            @watkins said:

            Perhaps you could release your de-bugged version.

            I'm perfectly happy to do so; if anyone wants to package it up that's fine by me; I guess Didier is the best candidate.

            Here it is anyway - modified Housebuilder.rb with the door sizing fixed to compensate for the rough opening offset and the stupid beep fixed. There is still a huge amount that could be improved.
            modified by tim Rowledge to fix a couple of bugs

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • W
              watkins
              last edited by

              Dear Tim,

              Thank you for doing that. I'm sure that others will appreciate having a de-bugged version.

              Kind regards,
              Bob

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • M
                mikeh
                last edited by

                Hello all,
                Tim, thanks for the bug fixes. I found this thread doing a search to get rid of the beep you described. I downloaded the new .rb file and put it in my Housebuilder subfolder under Plugins, replacing the one that was there. However, I'm still getting the beep anytime I select the EDIT menu as well as every time I right-click on a drawing. Was this the beep that was address and, if so, are there more steps I need to take?

                Thanks,
                -mike

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • T
                  tim
                  last edited by

                  @mikeh said:

                  However, I'm still getting the beep anytime I select the EDIT menu as well as every time I right-click on a drawing. Was this the beep that was address and, if so, are there more steps I need to take?

                  Ah. Yes, you need to slap me upside the head to upload the correct file. I forgot that I altered the HousebuilderTool.rb as well. So here it is.
                  HouseBuilderTool.rb

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • G
                    gladtobegrey
                    last edited by

                    Thanks for this ... I wondered where that 'plink-plonk' appeared from (I don't always have sound on, so didn't immediately associate it with Housebuilder).

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • E
                      egarstang
                      last edited by

                      @tim said:

                      @mikeh said:

                      However, I'm still getting the beep anytime I select the EDIT menu as well as every time I right-click on a drawing. Was this the beep that was address and, if so, are there more steps I need to take?

                      Ah. Yes, you need to slap me upside the head to upload the correct file. I forgot that I altered the HousebuilderTool.rb as well. So here it is.
                      [attachment=0:1lxtvlte]<!-- ia0 -->HouseBuilderTool.rb<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1lxtvlte]

                      Hi Tim, huge thanks for the door size bug fix. I copied the two files you posed into Plugins/Housebuilder file - fixes the door problem perfectly but has also converted my metric version of Housebuilder into imperial. Any advice on how to get it back to metric?

                      Thanks

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        Caerwyn_Isabella
                        last edited by

                        @tim said:

                        Here it is anyway - modified Housebuilder.rb with the door sizing fixed to compensate for the rough opening offset

                        I downloaded HouseBuilder.rb. Should HouseBuilder_extension.rb be removed from the plugins folder?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement