sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    How to pull 3d contours to a cut and fill site platform

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    11 Posts 7 Posters 3.1k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • ely862meE
      ely862me
      last edited by

      Have u tried to push pull the buildings and intersect them with the site ?

      Elisei (sketchupper)


      Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
      Come and See EliseiDesign

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • utilerU
        utiler
        last edited by

        Hi Theo, this is something I have made comment on this forum and others many times; I just wish I knew Ruby so I could do it myself!!!

        What I generally do is create a gradient plane around the cut and fill areas then intersect with model. Bit of a pain I know but that is where we're at at the moment.....
        πŸ‘

        Just Curious...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • T
          tolifiers
          last edited by

          Hi thanks for comments

          I have tried to push pull buildings, but i need to cut a hole in the site
          first, with 3 levels..

          as per drawing attached last message, then drop the buildings on the cutouts

          currently trying to pull contours up to the cut out,mmmmm its a bit messey that way

          and will take hours to get right, not a good solution, i will try a gradient place to see if that might help me , its all a bit of trial and error at the moment to see how it works, may be a few others might like to give it a go, just grab the drawings from my posting ..... does any on eknow how to make a plug in to help with this ?

          Regards Theo

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • TIGT
            TIG Moderator
            last edited by

            Sandbox's "stamp" tool should make cuttings / embanking - you can specify the offset from the 'footprint' ?

            TIG

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • A
              Anthony R
              last edited by

              I'm not realy sure what your after but I've attached your file with a change to find out if this is the direction your aiming at.


              bare-site-contours[1].skp

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • I
                idraft
                last edited by

                Hi Theo,

                What I usually do is highlight the lines close to the buildings after Ive made the cuts and then use the move tool to drag up or down. Once thats done you can use the smooth tool to adjust the middel up and down as required, or select an area (selecting perimter lines only) that you want to smooth and use "from contours" tool again. Keep the origonal contour on a hidden layer so you can switch on again to give you extg contours.
                There are heaps of tuts on you tube which relate to this.

                Cheers Jeff (also a kiwi)

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • A
                  Anthony R
                  last edited by

                  I'm still trying to work out how your pathways relate to the platforms and site so I came up with this. I'm still learning about sketchup and any puzzle is fun to me so please take the time to look at this and put me on the right track, cheers


                  bare-site-contours 2.skp

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • utilerU
                    utiler
                    last edited by

                    Stay tuned, Theo; there is something good coming soon that will do what you want...... πŸ˜‰

                    Just Curious...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Rich O BrienR
                      Rich O Brien Moderator
                      last edited by

                      More info Utiler?

                      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • utilerU
                        utiler
                        last edited by

                        soon enough, Rich..... πŸ˜„

                        Just Curious...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement