sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Latest Update

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    33 Posts 15 Posters 6.4k Views 15 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • GaieusG
      Gaieus
      last edited by

      Guys, please, stay on-topic. I moved and merged the "toolbar issue" posts with the respective one in the Wish List department.

      Gai...

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • X
        xrok1
        last edited by

        since when does "fix a bug" become a "wish"? 👊
        i guess when you're wishing they would fix a bug. 🤣

        PS http://www.sketchucation.com/forums/scf/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17056

        “There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.”

        http://www.Twilightrender.com try it!

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • B
          bellwells
          last edited by

          @thomthom said:

          @bellwells said:

          I think you're right. I was hoping it was an update...like a fix for the damn shadow thing.

          Doubt there will be since it's a licensing issue and not a technical issue.

          Yeah, I know it's licensed to Carmack, or someone. Still, you would think the brainiacs at Google could figure this one out. Or Google ponies up the license fee....like they did for v4 or v5.

          Ron

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • R
            remus
            last edited by

            I vaguely remember hearing that a possible fix had been found, but they would need to rewrite a large portion of code to implement it.

            http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • W
              watkins
              last edited by

              Dear All,

              With reference to the latest update, it seems to want install the whole program again. Should one uninstall the existing version before downloading the new version, or will the new version install over the top? I currently have SU Pro Version 7.0.8657. Presumably, I should make a copy of my Plugins folder. Anything else I should think about?

              Regards,
              Bob

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • GaieusG
                Gaieus
                last edited by

                Hello Bob,

                The update should install on top of the existing one without any problem. The Plugins folder should also remain intact but in any case, you can make a backup of it.

                Gai...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • W
                  watkins
                  last edited by

                  Dear Gaieus,

                  Many thanks for that. I am always a bits suspicious of computers. The buggers go wrong just when you need them.

                  Regards,
                  Bob

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • thomthomT
                    thomthom
                    last edited by

                    @watkins said:

                    Dear Gaieus,

                    Many thanks for that. I am always a bits suspicious of computers. The buggers go wrong just when you need them.

                    Regards,
                    Bob

                    But they always work when you try to illustrate the problem to someone. Solution is to always have someone over your shoulder.

                    Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • W
                      watkins
                      last edited by

                      Dear Thomas,

                      Exactly right, but the only one here is my wife and she already thinks I spend too much time on the computer.

                      Regards,
                      Bob

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • X
                        xrok1
                        last edited by

                        i often get a bugsplat when closing SU and sometimes get an error message saying not enough room in TEMP folder. does anyone have a solution?

                        PS before you ask i have 170gig free space on my HD. 😉

                        “There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.”

                        http://www.Twilightrender.com try it!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • EdsonE
                          Edson
                          last edited by

                          installed the update without any problems on my mac.

                          edson mahfuz, architect| porto alegre • brasil
                          http://www.mahfuz.arq.br

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • X
                            xrok1
                            last edited by

                            thank you, i'll try that.

                            “There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.”

                            http://www.Twilightrender.com try it!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • AndrewSA
                              AndrewS
                              last edited by

                              @xrok1 said:

                              i often get a bugsplat when closing SU and sometimes get an error message saying not enough room in TEMP folder. does anyone have a solution? PS before you ask i have 170gig free space on my HD. 😉

                              xrok,

                              Please install the M1 update and let us know if you continue to see BugSplats upon exit. If so, I'll forward your message on to QA for further analysis.

                              Some folks are irked that M1 didn't fix their "pet-peeve" bug, but we did fix over 120 bugs in that update, including the most frequent BugSplat-causing offenders, so there is a good chance we solved your problem.

                              Even if we didn't solve that particular issue yet, rest assured that we do pay close attention to the number of bug reports that come from BugSplat; after all, that's why we use it!

                              Andrew S.
                              SketchUp Release Engineer

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • thomthomT
                                thomthom
                                last edited by

                                @andrews said:

                                @xrok1 said:

                                i often get a bugsplat when closing SU and sometimes get an error message saying not enough room in TEMP folder. does anyone have a solution? PS before you ask i have 170gig free space on my HD. 😉

                                xrok,

                                Please install the M1 update and let us know if you continue to see BugSplats upon exit. If so, I'll forward your message on to QA for further analysis.

                                Some folks are irked that M1 didn't fix their "pet-peeve" bug, but we did fix over 120 bugs in that update, including the most frequent BugSplat-causing offenders, so there is a good chance we solved your problem.

                                Even if we didn't solve that particular issue yet, rest assured that we do pay close attention to the number of bug reports that come from BugSplat; after all, that's why we use it!

                                I got the update installed and yesterday I experienced a BugSplat when I closed the SU window.

                                Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • C
                                  Charlie__V
                                  last edited by

                                  All,
                                  I too have experienced the BS on Exit of SU.

                                  Semmed to me it is related to saving and exiting too quickly.

                                  I have not had a BS when I save.... pause for just a moment..... and then exit.

                                  FYI:I have not installed the latest patch.

                                  Best,
                                  C

                                  Precision M1710/Win 7 Pro 64 bit/i-7 6920 Quad core 2.9 Ghz -3.8/16Gb ram/NVIDIA M5000M 8Gb

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • thomthomT
                                    thomthom
                                    last edited by

                                    I clicked on the X in the titlebar, relying on the dialog to prompt me to save, which I answered yes to. I also have the feeling it happens when you save and close to quickly.

                                    Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • X
                                      xrok1
                                      last edited by

                                      well i got the newest update and the latest video drivers... about 50% of the time when i close SU i get this. no bugsplat


                                      Capture.JPG

                                      “There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.”

                                      http://www.Twilightrender.com try it!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Chris FullmerC
                                        Chris Fullmer
                                        last edited by

                                        Are you running any malware software that might be blocking SU from reading or writing tot he hard drive or something?

                                        Chris

                                        Lately you've been tan, suspicious for the winter.
                                        All my Plugins I've written

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • X
                                          xrok1
                                          last edited by

                                          no i always shut of all my security, firewall, defender, UAC.... i don't need it; i don't want it.

                                          “There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.”

                                          http://www.Twilightrender.com try it!

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          • 1
                                          • 2
                                          • 1 / 2
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          Buy SketchPlus
                                          Buy SUbD
                                          Buy WrapR
                                          Buy eBook
                                          Buy Modelur
                                          Buy Vertex Tools
                                          Buy SketchCuisine
                                          Buy FormFonts

                                          Advertisement