sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    (TRICK) To re-enable skp file preview

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Tutorials
    sketchup
    147 Posts 60 Posters 204.4k Views 60 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J
      j40
      last edited by

      A shortcut would be great πŸ˜„ . Can you please explain how can i make one specifically for this command ?

      Top3D Studio

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • J
        j40
        last edited by

        Thanks Thom Works great!

        Top3D Studio

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • B
          BorgMan
          last edited by

          I have tried the Seperate command with Windows 7, but alas, it doesn't work. Has anyone come up with a solution for this rather annoying problem already?

          More varied than the Borg, more powerful than the living dead, and better shots than Imperial Stormtroopers.

          You've gotta love Slivers.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • thomthomT
            thomthom
            last edited by

            @borgman said:

            I have tried the Seperate command with Windows 7, but alas, it doesn't work. Has anyone come up with a solution for this rather annoying problem already?

            Nope. They changed something between the Beta and the RC so explorer.exe always spawn the 64bit version.

            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • EarthMoverE
              EarthMover
              last edited by

              Great trick Thomas! Thanks!! I'll just use the shortcut to search through components. At least I'll have a back button that way.

              3D Artist at Clearstory 3D Imaging
              Guide Tool at Winning With Sketchup
              Content Creator at Skapeup

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • brodieB
                brodie
                last edited by

                Great find! Thom's shortcut method is working great for me on Vista 64.

                -Brodie

                steelblue http://www.steelbluellc.com

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • B
                  BorgMan
                  last edited by

                  I'm going to bump this topic because I'm really curious as to whether this problem has been solved in the released versions of Windows 7. Hey Google, are you watching this? We want our preview back 😑

                  More varied than the Borg, more powerful than the living dead, and better shots than Imperial Stormtroopers.

                  You've gotta love Slivers.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • E
                    Ecuadorian
                    last edited by

                    Another bump from me. I'm in Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

                    I know the GSU team is working hard in V8, so I hope they add the much needed 64-bit shell extension for Windows Explorer.

                    -Miguel Lescano
                    Subscribe to my house plans YouTube channel! (30K+ subs)

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • thomthomT
                      thomthom
                      last edited by

                      No - You can't run the 32bit explorer.exe in the final W7 either.

                      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • EddyNLE
                        EddyNL
                        last edited by

                        Hi guys,

                        I'm using Win 7 64 bit and my previews are also lost.
                        Is there a workaround / solution?

                        Kind regards,
                        Ward

                        viewtopic.php?f=271&t=11903 Modelling my city for Google Earth!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Y
                          ye136577267
                          last edited by

                          I'm going to bump this topic because I'm really curious as to whether this problem has been solved in the released versions of Windows 7. Hey Google, are you watching this? We want our preview back

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • K
                            Khai
                            last edited by

                            I have a work around..just noticed it.

                            I have Skp previews in FreeCommander....running on Win7 64...

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • K
                              kevsterman
                              last edited by

                              Thanks for bumping this guys. I saw Thom's suggestion of creating a shortcut to explorer on the desktop and it works a treat. Finally I have preview thumbnails of all my SU models and components. Hurrah!

                              "Avoid keeping more than 3 items on your desk that you can't fit into your mouth."

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • K
                                kevsterman
                                last edited by

                                Hmm.. I shouldn't have got so happy so soon. Whilst using Thom's desktop shortcut does enable me to view SU thumbnails, I'm finding Explorer constantly crashes. I was trying to sort out all my components into new folders but had to give up because it would crash every time I tried to do anything. Is there a fix for this?

                                "Avoid keeping more than 3 items on your desk that you can't fit into your mouth."

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • B
                                  bing
                                  last edited by

                                  what i'm doing is that when i want to view some of the su file i open a new sketchup window and i click open, when the whindow pop up i click the view menu to a large icon that's it you will see your su file with preview ...
                                  @unknownuser said:

                                  very handy thanx, my pc at work just started doing that the other day

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • thomthomT
                                    thomthom
                                    last edited by

                                    FYO, I came across an app that does .skp thumbnails and .skm thumbnails on both 32 and 64bit systems.
                                    http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27784&p=241632
                                    http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27753&p=243280

                                    Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • J
                                      j40
                                      last edited by

                                      Finally! and it works!
                                      Thank you Thom so much for pushing it.

                                      Top3D Studio

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olisheaO
                                        olishea
                                        last edited by

                                        is this possible with mac? dont get previews 😞

                                        oli

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • S
                                          setesur1
                                          last edited by

                                          Hello to all

                                          Do you have this triedly?

                                          404 - File or directory not found.

                                          favicon

                                          (mysticcoder.net)

                                          Discharge
                                          (Direct download links removed. Out of date.)

                                          A greeting. πŸ˜‰

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • thomthomT
                                            thomthom
                                            last edited by

                                            @setesur1 said:

                                            Hello to all

                                            Do you have this triedly?

                                            404 - File or directory not found.

                                            favicon

                                            (mysticcoder.net)

                                            Discharge
                                            (Direct download links removed. Out of date.)

                                            A greeting. πŸ˜‰

                                            Yes - It's great, .skp and skm - I personally requested it.
                                            Well worth the money.

                                            I removed the direct links to the downloads. They where out of date. He's got regular updates, so it's best to just link to his site. Also, it's good manners not to hotlink other sites resources + it's Donationware so I'm sure he'd like people who download to actually read about the product and see the donation button.

                                            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 7 / 8
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement