sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Lock toolbars

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Feature Requests
    sketchup
    97 Posts 52 Posters 211.6k Views 52 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • FrederikF
      Frederik
      last edited by

      +1

      Haven't had this problem until this weekend...
      Apart from the Subdivide/smooth plug-in, I haven't installed anything that would/should make this happen and I haven't even resized SU... ๐Ÿ˜ก

      Cheers
      Kim Frederik

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • AnssiA
        Anssi
        last edited by

        The least they could do was to add a Reset Toolbars/Windows button somewhere for the poor things who have lost their Shadows dialog or some other feature while messing around with dual screens or screen resolutions or other features.

        Anssi

        securi adversus homines, securi adversus deos rem difficillimam adsecuti sunt, ut illis ne voto quidem opus esset

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • genma saotomeG
          genma saotome
          last edited by

          I'd be happy if they allowed us to add / remove individual icons from the toolbars. You know, like every other software package has done since the introdution of Windows 2.1

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • R
            remus
            last edited by

            ...except office 2007 ๐Ÿ˜›

            ANd yes, being able to customise toolbars would also be a nice feature.

            http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • jujuJ
              juju
              last edited by

              @anssi said:

              The least they could do was to add a Reset Toolbars/Windows button somewhere for the poor things who have lost their Shadows dialog or some other feature while messing around with dual screens or screen resolutions or other features.

              Anssi

              @genma saotome said:

              I'd be happy if they allowed us to add / remove individual icons from the toolbars. You know, like every other software package has done since the introdution of Windows 2.1

              @remus said:

              ...except office 2007 ๐Ÿ˜›

              ANd yes, being able to customise toolbars would also be a nice feature.

              I believe that would constitute a new wish, thus creation of a new thread in the wishlist.

              Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • GaieusG
                Gaieus
                last edited by

                @remus said:

                ...except office 2007 ๐Ÿ˜› ...

                That's why I uninstalled it ๐Ÿ˜„

                Gai...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • BepB
                  Bep
                  last edited by

                  And fly-out toolbars would be great.

                  Bep

                  "History is written by the winners"

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • utilerU
                    utiler
                    last edited by

                    @unknownuser said:

                    I've had to arrange my toolbars for the third/fourth time today. Really annoying! I hope this will be fixed soon so one can lock your tools (menu top and left) in position so in the even of something happening you don't have to rearrange them afterwards.

                    I think this has been mentioned (requested) in the wishlist before, hope it gets the attention it deserves.

                    I'm with you Julian and all, very annoying. I tend to use minimum toolbars to the top and 'float' the Large tooset to the left of the screen....

                    Custom toolbars would be great also; I notice that MAC SU has an undo / redo toolbar by itself. [please correct me if I am wrong] PC SU has it in the 'Standard' toolbar which takes up valuable screen. Would be great to have a separate toolbar instead of Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y...

                    Just Curious...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ely862meE
                      ely862me
                      last edited by

                      +1

                      Elisei (sketchupper)


                      Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                      Come and See EliseiDesign

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • R
                        remus
                        last edited by

                        Andrew, ive got a feeling the toolbars are completely customisable in macSU, although i might be wrong as ive never actually tried it. It would cetainly be nice to have this feature for windows, would certainly help to maximise working space.

                        http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • utilerU
                          utiler
                          last edited by

                          you bet Remus, let's hope!!

                          Just Curious...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • W
                            wq418
                            last edited by

                            me too

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Dave RD
                              Dave R
                              last edited by

                              Add my request to the wishlist.

                              Etaoin Shrdlu

                              %

                              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                              M30

                              %

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • MALAISEM
                                MALAISE
                                last edited by

                                ToolsBar , a whole subject of annoying. Please, could SketchUp Team make some improvement to fix positions. I'm joining others friends about this problem. ๐Ÿ˜ž

                                La Connaissance n'a de valeur que partagรฉe

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • plot-parisP
                                  plot-paris
                                  last edited by

                                  it is indeed a pain in the a***! please do something about it, Google!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • dazzaD
                                    dazza
                                    last edited by

                                    +1

                                    All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • C
                                      chango70
                                      last edited by

                                      Has anyone been working with really small buttons? I mean when you untick the View - Toolbars - Large Button? I haven't had problems with unsticking icons since i started using small (tiny) buttons which admittedly is a bit of a strain on one's eyes.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • ToboboT
                                        Tobobo
                                        last edited by

                                        Photoshop and CAD for that matter have the ability to save profiles for different users. This would solve the issues of toolbars and also templates, and the profile could include Rubys as well.

                                        Toby

                                        Philippians 4:13

                                        I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • boofredlayB
                                          boofredlay
                                          last edited by

                                          I cannot say how many times I have mentioned that I want locking toolbars but here I go again...
                                          Please!

                                          http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • BurkhardB
                                            Burkhard
                                            last edited by

                                            @tobobo said:

                                            Photoshop and CAD for that matter have the ability to save profiles for different users. This would solve the issues of toolbars and also templates, and the profile could include Rubys as well.

                                            It doesn't make sense if in my profile the toolbars are unlocked again ๐Ÿ‘Š

                                            http://www.ia-plus.de

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 1 / 5
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement