sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Getting Started

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    75 Posts 45 Posters 192.7k Views 45 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B
      blair
      last edited by

      Cadmastr mentioned UltraGet (http://www.ultraget.com/) and this for me is a great find for I have wondered for a while how to download a video for later viewing etc. This looks like a good one for you can download and view with the same program. If there is a way to view FULL SCREEN (or much larger) with this one, or another, that would be even better. Does anyone know of anything better than UltraGet?

      I downloaded/loaded the latest v2.0.3 UltraGet just fine. I can capture a video just fine. However, it does not show the individual downloaded video's in a new left hand panel, as shown in the help content, so that I can pick one video and play it. It places all downloads in "Documents and Settings > User Name > My Documents > UltraGet > YouTube". If I try to open a video from there or from within UltraGet I get a message instead of an opening Has anyone else worked with UltraGet?. I have tried to email support but emails are never delivered.

      Thanks for any suggestions.

      blair

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • C
        cdubea
        last edited by

        Don't forget the Sketchup Show;

        http://www.go-2-school.com

        or direct downloads from

        Link Preview Image
        404 Not found

        favicon

        (atotheo.libsyn.com)

        I've learned a lot from these guys.

        chris

        http://www.dubea.org/chris_small.jpg

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • B
          blair
          last edited by

          I never heard back from support at UltraGet mentioned above and I could not get it to work. However, I did find that the free version of Real Player works just fine and play back is full screen. It can be downloaded here:

          http://www.realplayercafe.com/download-youtube-videos-free.php?gclid=CMzL_da_ppECFTgrOAodMlDYeQ

          blair

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • cadmastrC
            cadmastr
            last edited by

            Regarding downloading videos from YouTube, I recently came across yet another freebie program that will do the same. It is called "Save2pc" and is available at http://www.save2pc.com I had been using "Ultraget" but found that sometimes I was unable to download a video, most likely due to the fact that every so often YouTube changes their restrictions on downloading videos.

            I don't play the downloaded video with Ultraget. I use a freebie player called "Any FLV Player". You can get it here http://www.any-flv-player.com/ I like this much better because you can go into the "View" pulldown menu and select "Double Size" and see it in all it's glory.

            If you don't want to watch the videos as .FLV files, you can use the "Save2pc" program to download the video as a .AVI or .MPG file. These file formats are bigger than the compact .FLV format, but are easily played using Windows Media Player, which most computer users probably already have on their systems.

            Regarding Macs, I have no idea what can be used, as I have never used a Mac before.

            I hope this information can help someone.

            Chris Picciano

            Website: http://www.chrispicciano.com/3dmodels

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • cadmastrC
              cadmastr
              last edited by

              Here is the direct link to downloading the "Save2pc" program (their website is a bit confusing).

              http://www.save2pc.com/files/save2pc_light.exe

              This program is a standalone .EXE file. It immediately runs when you click on it, no need to install anything. The only bad part is that you can only download one video at a time.

              Chris Picciano

              Website: http://www.chrispicciano.com/3dmodels

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                Danty
                last edited by

                Thanks everybody for the great posts on getting that much better with SU.
                As Monsterzero has said on another post, "my head is going to explode".

                The sheer volume of HELP by the good people in the SU universe is mind boggling.

                As a Mac user -- I want to supplement what Cadmastr has said about video viewers and players.

                There is freeware available for Macs called TubeTV, http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/tubetv/

                In addition to the above I have an excellent DVD player freeware called MPlayer OSX:
                http://mplayerosx.sourceforge.net/

                I can save the any video from the Internet and then play it in half or full screen on MPlayer.

                Danty

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  Danty
                  last edited by

                  Since I'm on this thread I would be remiss if I didn't promote my very FAVORITE learning tool for SU: Dennis Fukai's 3D Construction Modeling.
                  In my initial learning phase of SU I was having enormous difficulties and nearly gave up.
                  Fortunately I found Dennis' book.
                  The whole concept of the book and it's format is terrific.
                  You construct an entire model house from the ground up in SU.
                  Dennis gives you not just the book which shows screenshots of the entire process but also included is a CD which has tutorials broken down for each phase of the model.
                  This book "pulled it all together" for me.
                  I learned very fully how to use not only the basic tools: inferencing, groups, components, etc. but how they all "fit" together.
                  Dennis has a natural teacher's style and voice. He personally narrates the tutorials and I actually felt like it was a one-on-one session with a SU tutor.
                  Plus (and this may not be the case now) he includes his phone # in the book so you can call him! I called him twice and he was very gracious each time. After that we exchanged e-mails.

                  So -- I cannot recommend this book too highly for someone who is really serious about learning SU well.

                  It's available from Amazon or other sources as well:
                  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0976274108

                  Danty

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • R
                    Rafa
                    last edited by

                    Hi. One question. I know for example that the Free version of sketchup cant export to other formats, besides that, Is it much "crippled", compared with the pro version? Or with some rubys here and there is it fairly complete?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • R
                      remus
                      last edited by

                      The exporters are the only difference between the free and pro versions.

                      http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • R
                        Rafa
                        last edited by

                        Great!, thanks.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • J
                          Jim
                          last edited by

                          @rafa said:

                          Hi. One question. I know for example that the Free version of sketchup cant export to other formats, besides that, Is it much "crippled", compared with the pro version? Or with some rubys here and there is it fairly complete?

                          The Pro version will get you more 3D export options (3DS, OBJ, XSI, FBX, VRML, EPX and DAE), but you also get PDF and EPS exporters, you get the Layout application, you get the Style Builder application, and 2 years of tech support.

                          As far as the modeling tools available and the ability to use plugins, there is no crippling of the free version.

                          As a related note, the licensing allows for-profit use of the free version.

                          Hi

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • D
                            dallyc
                            last edited by

                            hi!
                            I'm new to sketchup. I'm taking a class.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • troyhomeT
                              troyhome
                              last edited by

                              Welcome, dallyc!
                              The links in this thread are so valuable!
                              All the best with your class.

                              IOviz.com
                              SU Pro 2024 PC

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • C
                                chench10
                                last edited by

                                Allow me to introduce myself! My real name is Oscar otherwise known as "da Chench" and I will be looking forward to learning more about the computer world and increasing my digi-skills! Peace!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • troyhomeT
                                  troyhome
                                  last edited by

                                  Welcome, Chench- you're in the right place for increasing skillsSkills_Fullpic_2.jpg

                                  IOviz.com
                                  SU Pro 2024 PC

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • D
                                    duxgga
                                    last edited by

                                    I've been wondering, where are those tuts i.g. under this title. It says d/l model. I need the tut!..

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • soloS
                                      solo
                                      last edited by

                                      duxgga, I am not sure of which particular thread or download you are talking about but if you download the .skp you and open it up you will notice that the tutorial is in the model, sometimes done using scene walkthroughs with text, others with muliple models that show progress from one to the other.

                                      Take a look you may find this way very easy to learn from, and the bonus is you get the resulting model free.

                                      http://www.solos-art.com

                                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • M
                                        mujzisme
                                        last edited by

                                        hi there Im Abdul Mujib from Malaysia.just call me mujzisme..Just wanna learn and explore more about sketchup and other knowledge..nice to meet u all..πŸ˜„

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • GaieusG
                                          Gaieus
                                          last edited by

                                          Hi Mujzisme and welcome. Hope you can learn a lot and soon will help other on this board! πŸ‘

                                          Gai...

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • A
                                            Architekturn
                                            last edited by

                                            Great post!

                                            Cheap SketchUp Render Service (free estimate!!!)
                                            http://www.architekturn.com

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 4 / 4
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement