sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Optimize models

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Tutorials
    sketchup
    9 Posts 6 Posters 4.7k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S
      SchreiberBike
      last edited by

      Thanks for the tutorial. I was enjoying it until it stopped at the point below:


      untitled.JPG

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • L
        lapx
        last edited by

        I found there are some situations where you might want to keep all faces on a component for instance in doing material take offs you may want to keep all sides of the elements in order for it to be counted, right?

        (lapx)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • M
          Masta Squidge
          last edited by

          I should really work on stuff like this. I already delete any and all geometry that cannot be seen (takes me a while sometimes), but I very rarely use components. I generally make my models as one solid mass.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • boofredlayB
            boofredlay
            last edited by

            @masta squidge said:

            ... I very rarely use components. I generally make my models as one solid mass.

            Say it isn't so Masta...
            Use your components and your Outliner...

            I would hate to see your sock drawer. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

            http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • boofredlayB
              boofredlay
              last edited by

              Because his drawings are so mis-organized his sock drawer would also be.

              http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • M
                Masta Squidge
                last edited by

                @unknownuser said:

                @masta squidge said:

                ... I very rarely use components. I generally make my models as one solid mass.

                Say it isn't so Masta...
                Use your components and your Outliner...

                I would hate to see your sock drawer. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
                Yes it is so... But my models arent usually very large either. I have yet to make a model large enough to slow down my computer at this point. I do a lot of simple stuff. But I DO understand why I would be better off to use them.

                And yes my sock drawer is a mess actually.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • S
                  sketchy
                  last edited by

                  Did I miss something? I checked the video a couple of times but didn't see what the end result was. How much file size did all of that work gain?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • boofredlayB
                    boofredlay
                    last edited by

                    @masta squidge said:

                    Yes it is so... But my models arent usually very large either. I have yet to make a model large enough to slow down my computer at this point. I do a lot of simple stuff. But I DO understand why I would be better off to use them.

                    And yes my sock drawer is a mess actually.

                    ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

                    http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • GaieusG
                      Gaieus
                      last edited by

                      @unknownuser said:

                      And yes my sock drawer is a mess actually.

                      That's why I only have two kinds of socks (but a lot of them): you don't need to organise them!
                      ๐Ÿ˜„

                      Gai...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                      Register Login
                      • 1 / 1
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      Buy SketchPlus
                      Buy SUbD
                      Buy WrapR
                      Buy eBook
                      Buy Modelur
                      Buy Vertex Tools
                      Buy SketchCuisine
                      Buy FormFonts

                      Advertisement