sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Tutorial > Modeling] Organic modelling

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Tutorials
    sketchup
    40 Posts 25 Posters 24.3k Views 25 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7483/head5au3.jpg

      http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8977/head4hf2.jpg

      http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6158/head6wb9.jpg

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • soloS
        solo
        last edited by

        http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8090/head7kt9.jpg

        http://www.solos-art.com

        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • A
          alpro
          last edited by

          Solo, that's some amazing modeling, I use SU for architecture mostly so I couldn't even comprend where to start on a model like that, how long did it take you to do?

          Mike

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • A
            Archi Rag
            last edited by

            this is insane (in a good way), and it gives an insight into the process involved, what kind of timescale is modelling a head/character? i must give this a go.. but keep up the good work so we can all adopt your work methods

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • monsterzeroM
              monsterzero
              last edited by

              I second, Archi, "This is insane (in a good way)..."

              Are you planning on posing the figure in SU, like Ivica (http://www.sketchucation.com/scf/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2441)?

              (monsterzero)

              monsterzero
              I live stream my work on my graphic novel:
              https://www.youtube.com/@monsterz3r0

              http://infinitemachine.tv/
              https://www.aaatitle.xyz/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Mike LuceyM
                Mike Lucey
                last edited by

                Solo,

                All I can say is that you are a very brave guy! Well done and keep posting your progress in this area of modeling as I'm sure we all need to be nudged to find the courage you have.

                Mike ๐Ÿ˜‰

                Support us so we can support you! Upgrade to Premium Membership!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • boofredlayB
                  boofredlay
                  last edited by

                  http://www.sketchucation.com/forums/scf/sas/Tutorials/Awe.jpg

                  Truly incredible work.

                  http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Y
                    ypnos1
                    last edited by

                    that is sick!
                    it's madness i tell you!

                    i would start crying like a little kid if somebody asked me to do that!
                    that is crazy!

                    You must have some brain in that skull of yours

                    (ypnos1)

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • GaieusG
                      Gaieus
                      last edited by

                      Thanks, Ypnos,

                      I was kind of thinking about formulating a similar opinion but I thought I shouldn't express it here.
                      "It's crazy..."
                      ๐Ÿ˜„

                      Gai...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • soloS
                        solo
                        last edited by

                        Thanks y'all

                        It is crazy, I miss my life, and it's dangerous (I try orbiting traffic and Walmart) ๐Ÿ˜’

                        um, Monsterzero, my wife blames you for losing me, your work got me started...I guess I too have a Muse.

                        http://www.solos-art.com

                        If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • K
                          kwistenbiebel
                          last edited by

                          I don't want to be a reason for marital conflicts....I'll think again before doing 'challenge' proposals on the Podium forum.

                          ...But what an amazing result !!!!!

                          ....and you just cracked me up :....orbiting traffic huh ? ๐Ÿ˜„

                          (kwistenbiebel)

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • O
                            otb designworks
                            last edited by

                            Holy crap, those models are sick! The term "crowbaring Sketchup" is exactly right and my hat is off to you.

                            You couldn't pay me to attempt this, and if I did, I am sure it would end up terribly bad!

                            Cheers, Chuck

                            OTB Designworks is on Youtube

                            6 core nMP, 32 gig RAM, (2) D700 GPU's, dual monitors

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • S
                              SchreiberBike
                              last edited by

                              No way. Part of me wants to try it, the other part of me knows better. I don't get enough sleep as it is.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • KrisidiousK
                                Krisidious
                                last edited by

                                you're a stud...

                                By: Kristoff Rand
                                Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • monsterzeroM
                                  monsterzero
                                  last edited by

                                  Solo, I'm sorry that your wife blames me. I certainly hope that it becomes any worse.

                                  Right now I'm dealing with the amount of polys I have in my scenes. I'm not brave enough to go as far as you have. ๐Ÿ˜„

                                  (monsterzero)

                                  monsterzero
                                  I live stream my work on my graphic novel:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@monsterz3r0

                                  http://infinitemachine.tv/
                                  https://www.aaatitle.xyz/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • G
                                    Gidon Yuval
                                    last edited by

                                    It's not crazy.
                                    It's not sick.
                                    It's inspiring.
                                    It's enlightening.
                                    It's invigorating.
                                    And more than anything else it's humbling.

                                    Ladies and gentlemen, we are in the presence of greatness.

                                    (Gidon)

                                    If you don't know where you're going, you're never going to get there.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • ely862meE
                                      ely862me
                                      last edited by

                                      out of words,i get bored even to make interiors of my cars but this,this....man

                                      Elisei (sketchupper)


                                      Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                      Come and See EliseiDesign

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • tinanneT
                                        tinanne
                                        last edited by

                                        ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

                                        I've seen this before... did not reply for fear of sounding so stupid, because... dood, it's like totally awesome, i mean like really, i'm like completely, like, um... really.... ๐Ÿคฃ

                                        Awesome work Pete, it truly is mind bending

                                        Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
                                        AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

                                        Architectural Rendering

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • O
                                          onono
                                          last edited by

                                          This is my first post. Lurking, 'till now. I can't keep silent.

                                          solo, your work boggles the mind. I am awash in newb awe.

                                          By the time I know what I'm doing, I'll be done.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • R
                                            remus
                                            last edited by

                                            its nor neccesarily newb awe...i tink this stuff will put most people in their place ๐Ÿ‘

                                            http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement