sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    The SCF Guides to Post Processing [TUTORIAL]

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Tutorials
    sketchup
    67 Posts 31 Posters 28.1k Views 31 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K
      kenzarch
      last edited by

      Very helpful, thank you.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • G
        greatcurve
        last edited by

        Is there a reason I can't access the tutorial? Apparently it's hosted on the old board on which I am not registered. Can someone repost it so it's accessible?

        Thanks,
        Chase

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • GaieusG
          Gaieus
          last edited by

          @greatcurve said:

          Is there a reason I can't access the tutorial? Apparently it's hosted on the old board on which I am not registered. Can someone repost it so it's accessible?

          Thanks,
          Chase

          Chase, thanks for this "report".
          I have fixed the link and now you (and everyone for that matter) should aqccess the file.

          Sigh... These little "tricks" with a transfer!

          Please, keep reporting any issues you may find. Thanks again

          Gai...

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • G
            greatcurve
            last edited by

            No, thank you!

            I look for and save as many of these tuts as I can.

            Chase

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • O
              oecodesignator
              last edited by

              Hey! Thanks for taking time to teach us, Rob. Quite extensive but it beats bushwacking for a method all by your lonesome. Needless to say...More! More!...

              Ain't it a grrrreat day!

              RICO

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • P
                PKast
                last edited by

                I just found this. That was a remarkable tutorial. It looks like a lot of work and so I'm not totally surprised to not find the 2nd installment.

                Thanks for the absolute brilliant tutorial.

                Peter Kastmiler

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • C
                  CurryPork
                  last edited by

                  Hi, I really want to see those PDF tutorials, but is it me or those links don't work at all.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • F
                    fossa
                    last edited by

                    Hello all

                    I'm new to this forum stuff but am I missing something, I'm not seeing the links to download the guide. If someone could point to where to download the post processing guide I would really appreciate it.

                    Regarding the first post's that were back in November, if you are still needing material for your guide, I would be happy to submit some of my work for you to use. Some examples can be seen at midwestsg.blogspot.com. Please keep in mind that I'm still working on that blog and have done several other su renders that are not showing there, I'll update my picasa account on Monday with the others.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • R
                      remus
                      last edited by

                      A lot of the attachments were on a seperate server before, they're currently being moved across to a new server.

                      http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • F
                        fossa
                        last edited by

                        I hope Rob doesn't mind me doing this....

                        The corrected link to the post processing guide is

                        http://sketchucation.com/forums/scf/sas/Tutorials/The%20SCF%20Guide%20to%20Post%20Processing%20-%20Intermediate%20-%20Part%201.pdf

                        Great guide...looking forward to the next one.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • GaieusG
                          Gaieus
                          last edited by

                          Thanks Larry, I have also corrected the original link (there are so many to correct that it will take a while to finish wirth all)

                          Gai...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • pugz1983P
                            pugz1983
                            last edited by

                            Hey Rob,

                            As a fellow Dutchman I'wanted to ask you for a dutch version of your tutorial. I'm also wondering if you van help me putting tree is via Photoshop. Maybe a small non tech tutorial.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • J
                              Julius
                              last edited by

                              what happened to rob? why this topic stopped?

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • boofredlayB
                                boofredlay
                                last edited by

                                Rob left the SCF long ago for reasons yet to be revealed.
                                (Meaning I am not entirely sure why).

                                http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • EdsonE
                                  Edson
                                  last edited by

                                  SCF was not big enough for two dutchmen so we had to let one go...

                                  edson mahfuz, architect| porto alegre • brasil
                                  http://www.mahfuz.arq.br

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • boofredlayB
                                    boofredlay
                                    last edited by

                                    http://www.amazing-animations.com/animations/laughter9.gif

                                    http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • R
                                      robmoors
                                      last edited by

                                      Not gone just very very silent...

                                      Rob Moors
                                      Architecture Student

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • MarianM
                                        Marian
                                        last edited by

                                        Hey, rob got any advice on how to post process renders of ships?:D
                                        for example these:
                                        The last one I post processed and i'm not very happy with it looks too...dead


                                        amb4.jpg


                                        Cerberusx.jpg


                                        amb5_2.JPG

                                        http://marian87.deviantart.com/

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • R
                                          robmoors
                                          last edited by

                                          Well I did a very poor attempt at that quite a while ago:
                                          http://blaze2x.deviantart.com/art/Collab-Dual-Monitor-Wallpaper-36910236
                                          After that did another attempt on that worked out better:
                                          http://blaze2x.deviantart.com/art/The-Arrival-Of-The-Rain-Season-29956834

                                          Since then I learned quite a few things:
                                          First of remember the rule of three: only three things in a grid of 2 by 3 may stand out. In your picture the entire thing is filled with ship, so its too large, second get a nice starfield from deviantart get a tutorial or download a resource (I recommend the tut but thats me.).
                                          http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/tutorials/?order=9&q=starfield

                                          After that you just gotta have a light source, planets suns anything will do, just remember you are working with light, so paint that light, if a planet blocks a sun and your spaceship is in front of that, that part of your spaceship will be darker. if its directly into the sun its brighter.

                                          In space many things can be light sources, light bouncing of planets, a plasma discharge, sun, nebula.
                                          http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/tutorials/?order=9&q=sun
                                          http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/tutorials/?order=9&q=nebula
                                          http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/tutorials/?order=9&q=planet
                                          http://blaze2x.deviantart.com/art/A-Deviants-Guide-To-Space-33152540

                                          Spaceart is more difficult than one would imagine, my suggestion browse through these tutorials, several of them, try one or two out, yes you will fail. But you will also learn, get a feel of what you are trying to create. The beauty of spaceart is that it covers ALL of the photoshop techniques, as indepth and far as you want to go:

                                          Inspiration material can be found here (click through I recommend.)
                                          http://blaze2x.deviantart.com/favourites/

                                          Hope this helps,
                                          Let me know how it works out 😄.

                                          Rob Moors
                                          Architecture Student

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • P
                                            pmiller
                                            last edited by

                                            You might want to look at:
                                            http://www.ryanchurch.com/08BUY.htm

                                            Also do a search on "Gnomen workshops" - they have links to free photoshop tutorials for post processing, with several devoted to space art.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 4 / 4
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement