sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    I'm not new, but been gone for a long time and need to get up to speed.

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    4 Posts 2 Posters 62 Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • xiombargX
      xiombarg
      last edited by

      Because of job and time constraints I forced myself to drop 3D altogether for a number of years. I always loved Sketchup back when it was a free program.

      The landscape has changed, as expected, but what would you guys recommend as far as what version to use, where to download, and possibly new plugins.

      I honestly can't remember what the last version I had was, but it was pre-Trimble and all grassroots developer based. I don't want to download anything until I know I need it.

      Pulling from memory here, but the plugins I remember as being absolute necessity was everything by Thomthom and Fredo, so any other recommendations would be seriously appreciated.
      Thanks!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Rich O BrienR
        Rich O Brien Moderator
        last edited by

        SketchUcation Tools 5.0.8 but I’m biased.

        TIG’s extensions are pretty popular.

        Depends on whatever you needs are really.

        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

        xiombargX 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • xiombargX
          xiombarg @Rich O Brien
          last edited by

          @Rich-O-Brien Is everyone using the current Sketchup Pro these days?

          Rich O BrienR 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Rich O BrienR
            Rich O Brien Moderator @xiombarg
            last edited by

            @xiombarg said:
            Is everyone using the current Sketchup Pro these days?

            Considering it's subscription based now I imagine a sizable amount are using the current version.

            But there's also a large cohort still beavering away on 2017.

            There's also a cohort using pirated versions of both SketchUp and licensed extensions.

            So its a mix of professionals, hobbyists and renegades.

            There's another thread here showing a new Open Source app that is taking inspiration from SketchUp.

            The world is your oyster....unless you're allergic to shellfish.

            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            • 1 / 1
            • First post
              Last post
            Buy SketchPlus
            Buy SUbD
            Buy WrapR
            Buy eBook
            Buy Modelur
            Buy Vertex Tools
            Buy SketchCuisine
            Buy FormFonts

            Advertisement