sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Not Raining now.

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    21 Posts 5 Posters 4.9k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Rich O BrienR
      Rich O Brien Moderator
      last edited by

      Nice mood so far. That HDRI needs to be higher resolution as its pixelated appearance is off-putting.

      Is this Twilight?

      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp ๐Ÿ“–

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Mike AmosM
        Mike Amos
        last edited by

        Ta Rich, yes Twilight, checking out out other HDRI all the time. This is not the end image. I am looking at a night image with interior lights and some shadow puppets.

        What I am trying for is light area's inside without being bright and a darker exterior without being too dark. Contrast IOW.

        I know many folk will criticise me for not doing trafitional architectural renders but as I am wont of saying, I am NOT an architect. This stuff is therapy for me and it works moost of the time.


        Nada

        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Bryan KB
          Bryan K
          last edited by

          Works for me! ๐Ÿ‘

          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Mike AmosM
            Mike Amos
            last edited by

            Thanks mate, a balancing act. Computer issues now so I will be cleaning up for a while.

            Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • tuna1957T
              tuna1957
              last edited by

              Very nice ! Deserves more experimenting. Totally get your comments on โ€œarchitectural rendersโ€ Seems at times a person can get push back if they are doing work that doesnโ€™t have the Architectural Digest or House Beautiful look. Keep on your path. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Mike AmosM
                Mike Amos
                last edited by

                Ta mate, I am adding interior lights and details so that the outside has flavours of a night setting. Folk are trying to help and I appreciate it hugely but I have a definite trend to my renders going back to a render program called Renditioner. I got a third place in a render competition back then but I am not perfect and am still learning.

                You would think I could have got it right by now. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†


                Rain X.jpg

                Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Mike AmosM
                  Mike Amos
                  last edited by

                  Just a short aside.

                  If I come across as ungrateful for pointers, I do not mean to but am perhaps a bit more than a little left of left field when I render 'stuff' I am still going to try to improve with no direction unexplored. Well perhaps short of surgery perhaps.

                  When I talk about some of the small homes being on the too small side it is because I have spent a lot of my life in small homes and know how they affect folk, especially those on a small budget too. Nice adaptive furniture is nice and no doubt helps, if you can afford it.

                  I do know that I definitely do NOT know it all.

                  Stay well folks and have a great weekend. Ocker F1 GP this weekend and I cannot wait......

                  Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • ntxdaveN
                    ntxdave
                    last edited by

                    @mike amos said:

                    Ocker F1 GP...

                    Just curious, is this a Grand Pre?

                    IMO, you take suggestion well. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                    Press F1...thank me later

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Mike AmosM
                      Mike Amos
                      last edited by

                      Cheers mate, the Grand pre? Maybe as they changed the circuit a LOT. Cue drivers turning left instead of right etc and Max getting lost in the infield section. Stoppages, girl guides as guides and perhaps a crossing warden should make for a fascinating race/walk around the park. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

                      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Bryan KB
                        Bryan K
                        last edited by

                        Leaps and bounds on this one. ๐Ÿ‘

                        That last render is damn good!

                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Mike AmosM
                          Mike Amos
                          last edited by

                          Thanks mate, not naturally flowing this week for some reason. Onwards.

                          Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Mike AmosM
                            Mike Amos
                            last edited by

                            I removed the hdri and used a backplate, dropped sky value to 10% and added rain in Affinity photo.

                            I am looking to add another light vertically through the water feature/fountain.


                            ?

                            Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Rich O BrienR
                              Rich O Brien Moderator
                              last edited by

                              Nice vibe. Dirty day to be out and about.

                              Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp ๐Ÿ“–

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Mike AmosM
                                Mike Amos
                                last edited by

                                Ta Rich, I think I'm almost done.

                                Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Mike AmosM
                                  Mike Amos
                                  last edited by

                                  Dropped the rain, should have worn rubber gloves. ๐Ÿ˜†


                                  Brolly not required now.

                                  Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Bryan KB
                                    Bryan K
                                    last edited by

                                    That is damn nice! ๐Ÿ‘

                                    Nailed it.

                                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • tuna1957T
                                      tuna1957
                                      last edited by

                                      Good show ๐Ÿ‘

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Mike AmosM
                                        Mike Amos
                                        last edited by

                                        Thank you kindly folks, not really happy so redo.

                                        Lighter? Or darker version? I know, conflicted right Ted?


                                        1


                                        2

                                        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Bryan KB
                                          Bryan K
                                          last edited by

                                          I like the lighter version. ๐Ÿ‘

                                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Mike AmosM
                                            Mike Amos
                                            last edited by

                                            Thanks mate, I tried over and over to get the fountain lit up but it would not work. C'est la vie.

                                            Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement