sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    The "Antarctic Snow Cruiser"

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    29 Posts 14 Posters 11.7k Views 14 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • F
      faust07
      last edited by

      Incredible, crazy. With a little more engine power and if it could swim it would be a fancy motorhome ... 😎
      And of course a great modeling job from you. πŸ‘

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Mike AmosM
        Mike Amos
        last edited by

        Brilliant, it just needs the aircraft to go with it. πŸ‘Š

        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • HornOxxH
          HornOxx
          last edited by

          ... thanks all above πŸ˜‰

          @mike amos said:

          Brilliant, it just needs the aircraft to go with it. πŸ‘Š

          Mike, if I only could have fond this particular or at least any similar plane model somewhwere, I would have added it πŸ˜„

          never trust a skinny cook

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • jo-keJ
            jo-ke
            last edited by

            cool model.

            looking forward the penguins

            http://www.zz7.de

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • locoL
              loco
              last edited by

              Likeeee πŸ‘Š

              Windows 10, gpu rtx 3060 12gb ram, cpu AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 64gb ram, SketchUp 2022, Twinmotion 2022. My Little Tutorial

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • alvisA
                alvis
                last edited by

                Cool car. Great model πŸ‘

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • boofredlayB
                  boofredlay
                  last edited by

                  So cool. Well done.

                  http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • HornOxxH
                    HornOxx
                    last edited by

                    thanks again for your comments and of course a rendering should not be missing πŸ˜‰


                    HornOxx Snow Render 1600.jpg

                    never trust a skinny cook

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • F
                      faust07
                      last edited by

                      Looks like it's going backwards ... 😎 πŸ‘

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Bryan KB
                        Bryan K
                        last edited by

                        Must have snow! πŸ‘

                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • HornOxxH
                          HornOxx
                          last edited by

                          @faust07 said:

                          Looks like it's going backwards ... 😎 πŸ‘
                          ...and in deed, due to its unfavourable weight distribution and despite the double tyres, this vehicle could only be driven in reverse on the arctic ice πŸ˜„ πŸ˜‰

                          never trust a skinny cook

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Mike AmosM
                            Mike Amos
                            last edited by

                            Nice, what we all need for the stupor market or school run. πŸ‘

                            Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • HornOxxH
                              HornOxx
                              last edited by

                              @mike amos said:

                              Nice, what we all need for the stupor market or school run. πŸ‘

                              πŸ˜„ πŸ’š which is right πŸ˜‰

                              never trust a skinny cook

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • hellnbakH
                                hellnbak
                                last edited by

                                @mike amos said:

                                Brilliant, it just needs the aircraft to go with it. πŸ‘Š

                                Mike, if I only could have fond this particular or at least any similar plane model somewhwere, I would have added it πŸ˜„[/quote]

                                Hey Mike, HornOxx,

                                Don't know how I missed this. Nice work on the Cruiser. I did make an attempt at modeling the plane (and the cruiser) back in 2015.

                                2022-01-15_164329.jpg
                                2021-11-29_222224.jpg

                                I was having fun modeling the engine (a Pratt & Whitney R-985 Wasp Jr)
                                2022-01-14_211815.png

                                when I discovered much too late that even though this was the engine referenced in one of the sites as being used in this plane, it was not the correct engine.
                                I can't remember now what the correct engine was, but but I do remember that when I researched it I discovered that for some reason reference photos for it were few and far between.

                                Fortunately I discovered my mistake just as I was starting work on the supercharger
                                2021-07-17_062859.png
                                so I just attached a maintenance plate to the rear that was shown in a number of the videos I had downloaded that showed this engine being rebuilt.
                                2021-07-17_062625.png

                                So anyhow I stopped working on the plane and just stuck the Wasp Jr in it and called it quits.

                                The plane had a very interesting history, but sadly it's demise occurred in 1963 when it crashed into a tree while crop dusting in Australia

                                11182163_664219383721789_6791035954532414222_n.jpg

                                Incredibly, even though only the bent and rusty frame was all that was left, they are currently in the end stages of 'restoring' it.

                                20201026-033536.PNG

                                Just my opinion, but to me this is like finding a rusty, beat up '57 Chevy hubcap and deciding to 'restore' the car. But I do admire their dedication and determination.

                                More can be found on the Facebook page dedicated to this project https://www.facebook.com/AntarcticBeechStaggerwing/?ref=page_internal

                                "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  Excellent model. Great subject. A vehicle way ahead of its time. πŸ‘

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • ntxdaveN
                                    ntxdave
                                    last edited by

                                    The model of the engine is fantastic. Well done ❗ πŸ‘

                                    Press F1...thank me later

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • hellnbakH
                                      hellnbak
                                      last edited by

                                      @ntxdave said:

                                      The model of the engine is fantastic. Well done ❗ πŸ‘

                                      Thanks Dave, much appreciated.

                                      Too bad it was the wrong engine 😞

                                      Since then I have been much more careful, checking more than just one source of information.

                                      "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • HornOxxH
                                        HornOxx
                                        last edited by

                                        @hellnbak said:

                                        ...Don't know how I missed this. Nice work on the Cruiser...
                                        Thanks & Great Hellnbak πŸ‘ Both: your so cool model and the fact that we both liked this topic and decided it was worth dedicating some SU-modeling to it! πŸ˜„
                                        Despite search, these facts about this plane I did not know so far!
                                        (Did I understood correctly - next to the motor πŸ‘ you also modelled the plane shown above as well?!?)

                                        never trust a skinny cook

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • tuna1957T
                                          tuna1957
                                          last edited by

                                          HornOxx , somehow I missed this. Very cool Antarctic Hot Rod ! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                                          helinbak, that’s one super plane model ! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Mike AmosM
                                            Mike Amos
                                            last edited by

                                            Marvelous models and rendering, great work guys, you rock,

                                            Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement