sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Small patio house: updated

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    19 Posts 7 Posters 3.4k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Bryan KB
      Bryan K
      last edited by

      Thanks Dave. Thanks pbacot.

      You can't see the photographer because special FX. 😎

      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pbacotP
        pbacot
        last edited by

        opps double post

        MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • tuna1957T
          tuna1957
          last edited by

          Very nice job ! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Bryan KB
            Bryan K
            last edited by

            Thanks tuna! Updates are in the works. The light color isn't working for me. The new renders look far better.

            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • locoL
              loco
              last edited by

              Looking good so far πŸ‘

              Windows 10, gpu rtx 3060 12gb ram, cpu AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 64gb ram, SketchUp 2022, Twinmotion 2022. My Little Tutorial

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Bryan KB
                Bryan K
                last edited by

                Thanks loco!

                Here are the updates. Changed the global lighting tint/temp/color. It was previously too yellow.


                LIVING+001mod.jpg


                LIVING+001mod2.jpg


                LIVING+001mod3.jpg


                LIVING+001mod4.jpg

                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • ntxdaveN
                  ntxdave
                  last edited by

                  Me like πŸ˜„

                  Press F1...thank me later

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    Thanks ntxdave!

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ntxdaveN
                      ntxdave
                      last edited by

                      How do you come up with stuff like this? Honestly, where do you come up with all of the small items that make the model look so realistic?

                      Press F1...thank me later

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Bryan KB
                        Bryan K
                        last edited by

                        @ntxdave said:

                        How do you come up with stuff like this? Honestly, where do you come up with all of the small items that make the model look so realistic?

                        It's all from the 3D Warehouse.

                        I would add more, but I'm at the limit of my laptop.

                        Basically I just look at my house, other interior designs, other renders and then add items, and then I spend hours fiddling with the textures in Raylectron. Often having to "fix" the imported models as well

                        These renders take me days to set up. Mostly because my laptop is slow. πŸ˜† It's why my first renders always look a little "meh."

                        I also to use to work in professional film and TV, so making sets look good (lighting, decor, shot angles) is part of my professional experience. It's also why I am always open to suggestions to make my renders better. I'm used to working with teams. Now that I understand my render program better, I'm able to make better renders by drawing on my personal experience. But this is nothing compared to what I could do.

                        To my eyes, there is sooo much missing from these renders. Like I just noticed there was no shine on the white counter top. Oops. Now I have to start the render over.

                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          A night shot.


                          LIVING+001mod7.jpg


                          LIVING+001mod6.jpg

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Mike AmosM
                            Mike Amos
                            last edited by

                            Nice, on a roll mate. πŸ‘

                            Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • ntxdaveN
                              ntxdave
                              last edited by

                              @bryan k said:

                              I also to use to work in professional film and TV, so making sets look good (lighting, decor, shot angles) is part of my professional experience.

                              You and Solo!

                              Since all I have done was the car wash stuff (which I have not done for a god while now), I do not have the β€œinsight” guys like you have, now just come to the forum (and a couple others) and enjoy the work people like you post. πŸ˜„

                              Press F1...thank me later

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Bryan KB
                                Bryan K
                                last edited by

                                @ntxdave said:

                                @bryan k said:

                                I also to use to work in professional film and TV, so making sets look good (lighting, decor, shot angles) is part of my professional experience.

                                You and Solo!

                                Since all I have done was the car wash stuff (which I have not done for a god while now), I do not have the β€œinsight” guys like you have, now just come to the forum (and a couple others) and enjoy the work people like you post. πŸ˜„

                                Like I've said, all it takes is practice.

                                Did you see my post of the before and after, bedroom renders? It's taken me years to learn how to use the render programs and understand the jargon and how and why render programs work. Other people learn faster than me.

                                I still don't think I'm all that good. Especially when I see other member's works. But I keep practicing. Because that's really all it takes. πŸ˜„

                                Grab some sample room scenes from the warehouse and bash it up. πŸ‘ You can do this too!

                                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  Thanks Mike! πŸ‘

                                  Looking forward to you posting more as well.

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Bryan KB
                                    Bryan K
                                    last edited by

                                    Two more.


                                    LIVING+001mod8.jpg


                                    LIVING+001mod9.jpg

                                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1 / 1
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Buy SketchPlus
                                    Buy SUbD
                                    Buy WrapR
                                    Buy eBook
                                    Buy Modelur
                                    Buy Vertex Tools
                                    Buy SketchCuisine
                                    Buy FormFonts

                                    Advertisement