sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] LordOfTheToolbars - v4.0a - 22 Sep 26

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    523 Posts 100 Posters 530.9k Views 98 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • fredo6F
      fredo6
      last edited by

      NEW RELEASE: LordOfTheToolbars v4.0a - 22 Sep 26

      Requirements

      • LibFredo6: v16.2a or above
      • Sketchup version: SU2017 and above

      LordOfTheToolbars 4.0a is a maintenance release including:

      • Compatibility SU2027
      • Bug fixing

      Home Page of LordOfTheToolbars for information and Download.

      Main post of this LordOfTheToolbars thread.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • H
        Horizon41
        last edited by

        Hi, I am having an issue with the toolbars not adjusting to the content. When I adjust it, it goes back to missing the last tab. The version before adjusted automatically if you were partially over the last tab. I cannot find any related settings. I did try removing the sticky to sketchup window options. Thanks

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • H
          Horizon41
          last edited by

          Hi, thought I had solved the auto adjusting of palettes, but I have re-checked auto adjust on all toolbars and they are not adjusting to show last tab. I am also not able to move palettes even though I have user defined checked in prefs

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • fredo6F
            fredo6
            last edited by

            Could you check the effective version of LibFredo6, as there has been some issues on the Sketchucation server side.
            Use menu Window > LibFredo6 Settings... > About LibFredo6... You should see v6.2a or 6.2b.

            H 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • H
              Horizon41
              last edited by

              Hi, the Library is 6.2b. I am not sure about how to use the Ruby Console to check for errors. I tried leaving it on and restarting sketchup. I am using sketchup pro 21. Everything was ok with the previous version of the Toolbar. Thanks

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • H
                Horizon41 @fredo6
                last edited by

                @fredo6 Hi, I checked the Fredo library and it is correct. I am not sure about how the Ruby + Console works. I tried leaving it open and there are warnings, but I cannot see any mention of LOTT. See below, for 1st console page which contains links that go to a lot of code in the console

                "Add help menu!"
                "create new"
                "created"
                #Sketchup::Menu:0x000001f0e18eddd8
                (eval):23: warning: calling URI.open via Kernel#open is deprecated, call URI.open directly or use URI#open
                internal:warning:43:in warn' <internal:warning>:43:in warn'
                …/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_warn.rb:52:in call' …/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_warn.rb:52:in block in module:Kernel'
                …/open-uri.rb:18:in open' (eval):23:in pull'
                (eval):203:in `block in module:Notification'

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • TIGT
                  TIG Moderator
                  last edited by

                  @horizon41
                  The current version is 16.2b - perhaps you made a typo ? You need to restart SketchUp after installing any extension so it is properly synced.
                  Please post the whole error message - part is not sufficient - in the Ruby Console -Ctrl+A to Select All then Ctrl+V to Paste that into your message here...

                  TIG

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • H
                    Horizon41
                    last edited by

                    Thanks I have restarted each time, after several reinstalls. There is definitely an issue. I was trying to do a clean install. Maybe I need to track down some sort of cache or config file that might be corrupt, it appears to revert to the last backup. Here is the full console message.
                    Editor Clear
                    Console
                    Help Select Menu
                    "Add help menu!"
                    "create new"
                    "created"
                    #Sketchup::Menu:0x0000020f29900cb0
                    (eval):23: warning: calling URI.open via Kernel#open is deprecated, call URI.open directly or use URI#open
                    internal:warning:43:in warn' <internal:warning>:43:in warn'
                    …/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_warn.rb:52:in call' …/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_warn.rb:52:in block in module:Kernel'
                    …/open-uri.rb:18:in open' (eval):23:in pull'
                    (eval):203:in `block in module:Notification'

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • H
                      Horizon41
                      last edited by

                      I can confirm Library is 16.2b

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • TIGT
                        TIG Moderator
                        last edited by TIG

                        The open v. URI.open deprecation issue has been around for quite along time.
                        Any developer using it will have rewritten their code to sidestep that issue and use the current 'safe' methods...
                        I can't believe that Fredo has left this 'hanging' - so have you perhaps got some now incorrect older legacy Fredo files loading, which could confuse the situation ?
                        Fredo might have some ideas as to what files to look for ??
                        @fredo6 do6 ?

                        TIG

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • fredo6F
                          fredo6
                          last edited by

                          Did you upgrade Sketchucation tools to 5.0.8 ?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • TIGT
                            TIG Moderator
                            last edited by

                            @fredo6
                            Question: why is there an open v. UI.open error message at all ?
                            I sure you will have trapped for that long ago after the versions' Ruby changes ?
                            Could he have a rogue file hanging around in one of your subfolders which is somehow loading a spurious old deprecated method ?

                            TIG

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • fredo6F
                              fredo6
                              last edited by

                              LibFredo6 does not use URI.open anyway.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • fredo6F
                                fredo6
                                last edited by

                                @horizon41
                                Do you still have the problem of height adjustment with LOTT?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • H
                                  Horizon41
                                  last edited by

                                  Yes. I have checked all my drivers. Updated 3d Connex and Nvidia RTX. I also did a repair/install on sketchup. I uninstalled and reinstalled LOTT. NB it did reinstate the last toolbar configuration. The same problems are there. I suspect the auto adjust palletes may be the issue. I am using the default hover mode and if I hover and click the tab that pallete moves to below the Sketchup Top Toolbar about 20mm below the main LOTT. 1 pallette moves directly beneath the LOTT. I cannot move the order of the tabs in the LOTT and I cannot move any of the palletes. Some of the toolbars are not showing all the tabs and I can adjust (not move) to show but it forgets this regardless of whether auto adjust is selected.

                                  Is it possible for me to try reinstalling the previous version? I did not save it. Thanks

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • TIGT
                                    TIG Moderator
                                    last edited by

                                    So a weird message - a rogue older Lib6Traductor ot similar that might load and add a spurious old method ?
                                    I assume that you you checked the expected code with a 'find' by line to see if a raw 'open' ever gets called - by mistake [e.g. a typo] - and there by the error can mistakenly assume that UI.open was the intention ?

                                    TIG

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    • 22
                                    • 23
                                    • 24
                                    • 25
                                    • 26
                                    • 27
                                    • 24 / 27
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Buy SketchPlus
                                    Buy SUbD
                                    Buy WrapR
                                    Buy eBook
                                    Buy Modelur
                                    Buy Vertex Tools
                                    Buy SketchCuisine
                                    Buy FormFonts

                                    Advertisement