sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    JF Custom toolbars?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    12 Posts 6 Posters 2.6k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • zooenZ
      zooen
      last edited by

      Hello, I use this plugin since 2013 (I think!) I copy and paste from one version to another without problem, I use the Pro 2020 version. I have translated the tooltips into French and maybe do some modifications in the .rb, but I don't remember.
      Finally it can work with different versions of SU.
      Note that Fredo6 has just created a similar plugin which is very good and which will be enriched with many features, a good solution for those who do not wish to hack in .rb at the risk of crashing the plugin or SU (see PluginStore).
      Have a nice day, Zooen

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • jujuJ
        juju
        last edited by

        @zooen said:

        Note that Fredo6 has just created a similar plugin which is very good and which will be enriched with many features, a good solution for those who do not wish to hack in .rb at the risk of crashing the plugin or SU (see PluginStore).

        Please link to this extension, I seem to have missed this.

        Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • C
          CADMebeli
          last edited by

          Link Preview Image
          MrHide - The Lost Toolbar | SketchUcation

          3D SketchUp Community for Design and Engineering Professionals.

          favicon

          (sketchucation.com)

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • jujuJ
            juju
            last edited by

            @cadmebeli said:

            Link Preview Image
            MrHide - The Lost Toolbar | SketchUcation

            3D SketchUp Community for Design and Engineering Professionals.

            favicon

            (sketchucation.com)

            Very useful extension yes, but sadly not a custom toolbar creator.

            Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • zooenZ
              zooen
              last edited by

              @juju said:

              @cadmebeli said:

              Link Preview Image
              MrHide - The Lost Toolbar | SketchUcation

              3D SketchUp Community for Design and Engineering Professionals.

              favicon

              (sketchucation.com)

              Very useful extension yes, but sadly not a custom toolbar creator.

              Ici tu peux télécharger le plugin "originel" et créer tes barres d'outils personnalisées :

              Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

              favicon

              (sketchuptips.blogspot.com)

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • jujuJ
                juju
                last edited by

                @zooen said:

                @juju said:

                @cadmebeli said:

                Link Preview Image
                MrHide - The Lost Toolbar | SketchUcation

                3D SketchUp Community for Design and Engineering Professionals.

                favicon

                (sketchucation.com)

                Very useful extension yes, but sadly not a custom toolbar creator.

                Ici tu peux télécharger le plugin "originel" et créer tes barres d'outils personnalisées :

                Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

                favicon

                (sketchuptips.blogspot.com)

                I don't follow, what is the Fredo6 extension you refer to that creates custom toolbars? A link perhaps?

                Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • zooenZ
                  zooen
                  last edited by

                  "I don't follow"

                  Custom Toolbars is a plugin created by Jim Foltz.

                  The link leads to his blog which is no longer active since 2014.
                  I am not referring to an extension of Fredo6 but to a Jim Foltz plugin, you are afraid that the link will take you to hell. Jim Foltz develop plugins (thanks to him) and made them available on the Sketchucation site.

                  I give you a link that will not lead you to hell:

                  403 Forbidden

                  favicon

                  (sketchucation.com)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • jujuJ
                    juju
                    last edited by

                    @zooen said:

                    "I don't follow"

                    Custom Toolbars is a plugin created by Jim Foltz.

                    The link leads to his blog which is no longer active since 2014.
                    I am not referring to an extension of Fredo6 but to a Jim Foltz plugin, you are afraid that the link will take you to hell. Jim Foltz develop plugins (thanks to him) and made them available on the Sketchucation site.

                    I give you a link that will not lead you to hell:

                    403 Forbidden

                    favicon

                    (sketchucation.com)

                    I'm familiar with Jim's extension. What I'm referring to is your statement as quoted below:

                    @zooen said:

                    Hello, I use this plugin since 2013 (I think!) I copy and paste from one version to another without problem, I use the Pro 2020 version. I have translated the tooltips into French and maybe do some modifications in the .rb, but I don't remember.
                    Finally it can work with different versions of SU.
                    Note that Fredo6 has just created a similar plugin which is very good and which will be enriched with many features, a good solution for those who do not wish to hack in .rb at the risk of crashing the plugin or SU (see PluginStore).
                    Have a nice day, Zooen

                    I think it is settled though that there isn't an extension that Fredo6 is developing for creating custom toolbars (I wish he would though, his stuff is top notch).

                    Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • zooenZ
                      zooen
                      last edited by

                      Perfect, just ask him.

                      And note that similar does not mean identical.

                      cordially
                      Zooen

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • A
                        alz
                        last edited by

                        FYI, I did get this custom toolbar plugin to work with 2022. Right now I'm trying to figure out why it's now not working with 2026.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement