sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Residential Exterior

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    11 Posts 6 Posters 1.8k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pmolsonP
      pmolson
      last edited by

      Been a while.
      Here is a somewhat current project. It is now built, I will have to see about getting some pics.
      front-01.jpgfront-02.jpgrear-00.jpgrear-01.jpgrear-02.jpgrear-night.jpgSund 2017 photo real set 7.pdf

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • boofredlayB
        boofredlay
        last edited by

        Wow, gorgeous!

        http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pbacotP
          pbacot
          last edited by

          I agree these are really nice. If I may say your images are gaining more ambiance! That entry shot really sells. I like the house design mainly because it is so different from what I've been involved in. Always like to see some curves thrown in. All those windows! (They are practically outlawing windows in some climate zones in California)

          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pmolsonP
            pmolson
            last edited by

            @pbacot said:

            All those windows! (They are practically outlawing windows in some climate zones in California)

            Is that because of energy use concerns? Seems like with good quality widows and strategic overhangs and tree plantings one could still be fairly energy conservative. We do not have the population density of the left coast so I suppose we do not feel the energy crunch as much. Something like 4 humans, .25 dogs and 20 cows per sq, mile in these parts.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • pbacotP
              pbacot
              last edited by

              I don't think it is so much the population, but the conservation-minded state laws. They factor in the windows and we use the high performing windows and increasingly efficient and detailed insulation, but all comes down to computerized point system. Then there is the green building law which adds to the required performance level, then local jurisdictions are given the ability to add tiers to the requirements. A lot depends on the climate zone too.

              MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • pmolsonP
                pmolson
                last edited by

                I used to have to deal with all that stuff. Now I just draw pretty pictures for the people who deal with all that stuff. I don't miss it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • pmolsonP
                  pmolson
                  last edited by

                  @boofredlay said:

                  Wow, gorgeous!

                  Thank you

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    Outstanding as always!

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • ntxdaveN
                      ntxdave
                      last edited by

                      Paul, these are really good looking. You also produce nice smooth animations. πŸ‘

                      Press F1...thank me later

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • DanielD
                        Daniel
                        last edited by

                        Purty pictures AND a video in just a few days?! Someone's been busy!
                        Fantastic images, Paul. The evening shot turned out very nice.
                        I've probably asked, or someone else has, and you've probably answered, and if I was industrious I could find it, but I am lazy, so I'll ask again - what rendering software do you use?

                        My avatar is an anachronism.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • pmolsonP
                          pmolson
                          last edited by

                          Thanks for the nice comments all ya all.
                          Daniel, At the risk of enabling laziness, I will answer your Question...Again...πŸ˜„
                          suPodium is my renderer of choice. I have always found it to be a great balance between ease of use with quality. With relatively limited experience one can make some very nice renders, and with some effort and experience some very fine work can be produced.

                          p

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                          Register Login
                          • 1 / 1
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement