sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Wood grain test.

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    10 Posts 6 Posters 2.1k Views 6 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Mike AmosM
      Mike Amos
      last edited by

      A set of book shelves, testing wood grain appearance.


      Book Case 1-3 I 0 a.jpg

      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bryan KB
        Bryan K
        last edited by

        Looks good to me! Very nice!

        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • ntxdaveN
          ntxdave
          last edited by

          @bryan k said:

          Looks good to me! Very nice!

          +1

          Press F1...thank me later

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pbacotP
            pbacot
            last edited by

            looks good but the top part is a little confusing. Maybe because the sides of the boards do not match and are a little lighter and a different graing, so the shading does not make them recede.

            MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Mike AmosM
              Mike Amos
              last edited by

              I think that is down to the way the material wraps, I'm looking at moving the grain around the boards to find an optimum. Thanks guys.

              Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • DanielD
                Daniel
                last edited by

                Beautifully textured. However, I can see the texture repeated in the same place on each board. Obviously you modeled the one board and copied it (component, I presume). I see you flipped some so it's less obvious. You might try rotating one or two of the boards 180 degrees.

                My avatar is an anachronism.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • L
                  Lavanta
                  last edited by

                  It's good but too dark at some parts, that could be a little distracting.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Mike AmosM
                    Mike Amos
                    last edited by

                    Good ideas Daniel, thanks. Lavanta, that is the texture, nothing can be done about that.

                    Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • DanielD
                      Daniel
                      last edited by

                      Beautiful texture. Where did you get it?

                      My avatar is an anachronism.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Mike AmosM
                        Mike Amos
                        last edited by

                        I had some brochures from various different furniture outlets, I think that was on a cabinet but I scanned the images and cleaned them up. I have lost most of my materials/textures so I will have to pretty much start from scratch.

                        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement