sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Bathroom this time

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    15 Posts 5 Posters 1.9k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Bryan KB
      Bryan K
      last edited by

      Thanks pbacot!

      Yeah, that foliage gave me fits. The outdoor lighting is also not quite right and the raked sand is bleh. I need to work on it.

      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bryan KB
        Bryan K
        last edited by

        Again, thanks for the suggestion pbacot. Hope this looks better. I certainly like it better.


        Bathroom 1c.jpg

        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • J
          joewood
          last edited by

          So what the dimensions of this room? 10' ceilings?

          ...... joe
          
          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Bryan KB
            Bryan K
            last edited by

            @joewood said:

            So what the dimensions of this room? 10' ceilings?

            ...... joe
            

            9ft ceilings. 11ft wide by 13ft long. It's pretty big. The water closet has both toilet and bidet.

            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Mike AmosM
              Mike Amos
              last edited by

              Nice, the exterior is much better. Possibly a bit more shine on the tub.

              Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • M
                mwm5053
                last edited by

                Nice Bryan

                2011 iMac
                SU 2015 Pro, 2017 Make
                V2 Twilight
                macOS Sierra 10.12.5

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  @mike amos said:

                  Nice, the exterior is much better. Possibly a bit more shine on the tub.

                  Thanks Mike.

                  Yeah, the tub needs some work. I also think I've got the outdoor lighting a little too bright. Not much, but I'll knock it down a tiny bit and see if that makes a difference.

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    @mwm5053 said:

                    Nice Bryan

                    Thanks Walt.

                    I feel I'm having really good success with Raylectron. The UI seems to suit me. Render times aren't bad either. This one is taking about 20 min on my 5 year old laptop and I stop it at 200 sample/passes.

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Bryan KB
                      Bryan K
                      last edited by

                      Well the tub won't go real shiny. I doubled the shiny on that material. I think it's due to the overall lighting of the bathroom. I did knock down the outside sunlight and it looks better, but it's very subtle.

                      So here's the very last one and I'll do better on my next model. 💚

                      Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and compliments.


                      Bathroom 1c.jpg

                      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • pbacotP
                        pbacot
                        last edited by

                        The outdoors looks nicer!

                        MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • pbacotP
                          pbacot
                          last edited by

                          @bryan k said:

                          @mike amos said:

                          Nice, the exterior is much better. Possibly a bit more shine on the tub.

                          Thanks Mike.

                          Yeah, the tub needs some work. I also think I've got the outdoor lighting a little too bright. Not much, but I'll knock it down a tiny bit and see if that makes a difference.

                          I can see you want to show off that wall, but the bright sunlight would, in reality, create a huge glare in contrast with the interior. So yes, maybe less brightness would be fitting.

                          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Bryan KB
                            Bryan K
                            last edited by

                            Thanks pbacot. 👍

                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            • 1 / 1
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement