sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Is it possible to lock an object against a surface?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    21 Posts 5 Posters 1.6k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Dave RD
      Dave R
      last edited by

      Wow! You could have mentioned the logo is round? 😒

      The logical thing, then, is to draw a circle instead and apply the image as a material within it.

      Etaoin Shrdlu

      %

      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

      M30

      %

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • L
        LARV
        last edited by

        I understand a square is not a circle. I wanted the transparency because it will help me later on, square or round or triangle.
        I managed to make it transparent now, which made everything alot easier.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • JQLJ
          JQL
          last edited by

          @larv said:

          I managed to make it transparent now, which made everything alot easier.

          Trust Dave on this though. Having it transparent is good, but having it round, would be even better.

          Specially if you'll be rendering it...

          If not, then you should hide the rectangle's profile edges. Use the eraser tool with the shift modifier.

          www.casca.pt
          Visit us on facebook!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Dave RD
            Dave R
            last edited by

            VW Book.png

            Etaoin Shrdlu

            %

            (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

            G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

            M30

            %

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • L
              LARV
              last edited by

              @jql said:

              @larv said:

              I managed to make it transparent now, which made everything alot easier.

              Trust Dave on this though. Having it transparent is good, but having it round, would be even better.

              Specially if you'll be rendering it...

              If not, then you should hide the rectangle's profile edges. Use the eraser tool with the shift modifier.

              I don´t misstrust any of you guys, I just need to understand things. This became clear now. Cheers!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • L
                LARV
                last edited by

                @dave r said:

                [attachment=0:2tps2k8t]<!-- ia0 -->VW Book.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2tps2k8t]

                But thats not the texture I used..

                😉

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Dave RD
                  Dave R
                  last edited by

                  @larv said:

                  @dave r said:

                  [attachment=0:g5s8uiwa]<!-- ia0 -->VW Book.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:g5s8uiwa]

                  But thats not the texture I used.. 😉

                  What's not the texture you used?

                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                  %

                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                  M30

                  %

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • L
                    LARV
                    last edited by

                    Just a joke, but it didn´t work 😛

                    Thanks for the help! I´m gonna try a png shape now that´s not round or square. Learning all the time here.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Dave RD
                      Dave R
                      last edited by

                      @larv said:

                      Just a joke, but it didn´t work 😛

                      What do you mean "it didn't work"?

                      You must have done something incorrectly or it would have. It worked just fine for me.

                      Etaoin Shrdlu

                      %

                      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                      M30

                      %

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • BoxB
                        Box
                        last edited by

                        I think you'll find Dave, he meant the Joke didn't work.
                        Unlike this one,
                        A man walked into a Zoo, the only animal in the entire zoo was a dog, it was a shitzu!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Dave RD
                          Dave R
                          last edited by

                          Ah, I see. I guess my lack of sleep has caught up with me.

                          Etaoin Shrdlu

                          %

                          (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                          G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                          M30

                          %

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          • 1
                          • 2
                          • 1 / 2
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement