sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Storage

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    23 Posts 17 Posters 2.5k Views 17 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • omiKronO
      omiKron
      last edited by

      Fantastic work for real! It's like a picture from the past.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • DanielD
        Daniel
        last edited by

        Excellent job, John.

        Even after it's been pointed out, the repetitive use of the same texture still doesn't jump out at me. By changing its scale and using it on different planes, I think he did a great job of doing a lot with the same texture.

        My avatar is an anachronism.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • hellnbakH
          hellnbak
          last edited by

          While I too noticed some repetition in the stone textures, I didn't feel the need to say anything about it because I don't feel they detract in any way at all from John's consistently amazing work (which nobody here can come close to touching).
          And I noticed them only because I was specifically looking for them, and the only reason I was looking for them is because John's creations are so perfect I always feel the need to try and find something a little less than perfect. Just to make myself feel a little better about my inadequacies. Perhaps that is also why others scrutinize John's work so hard.
          I very rarely find anything.
          Please keep the masterpieces coming, John!

          "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Bryan KB
            Bryan K
            last edited by

            Ha! I knew it! You've been posting photographs all this time! πŸ˜†

            Incredible as always. πŸ‘ Each one better than the last.

            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • marked001M
              marked001
              last edited by

              i think this might be the best one yet, john.

              http://www.revision21vis.com

              instagram: revi21on

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • tademaT
                tadema
                last edited by

                Thank you everyone for your comments I'm humbled by them 😳

                The model is too big to be covered in a single stone texture ~ 138m visible, but could easily have been fixed as TIG rightly pointed out with a little PP. To borrow a word he often uses but is very apt here.. it's "sloppy" PP.
                @ rodman100 your correct recycling was here long before the plastic bottle, I often use several textures to covey this.

                Whoever gave TIG's comment/opinion the thumbs down needs to take a look at themselves...childish.

                Once again thanks for the comments
                John

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • andybotA
                  andybot
                  last edited by

                  wow, I had to do a double take that it's not a photograph! Great job πŸ˜„

                  http://charlottesvillearchitecturalrendering.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • BoxB
                    Box
                    last edited by

                    Lovely piece of work as usual! πŸ‘

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • BoxB
                      Box
                      last edited by

                      Sorry I should have kept my mouth shut.

                      It's only me being sad bastard recognising the patterns in a brilliant rendering.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Mike AmosM
                        Mike Amos
                        last edited by

                        Brightened my day nicely, thanks John. Bloomin' marvellous.

                        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • RichardR
                          Richard
                          last edited by

                          Man, If there is any film studio looking for the development of an older english village YOU ARE DA MAN!

                          I actually like the repeat in the texture, it looks like the stone was sourced from different quarries or available sources which could well be the case.

                          BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                          Register Login
                          • 1
                          • 2
                          • 2 / 2
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement