sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Geolocation no longer working?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    6 Posts 4 Posters 2.3k Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      deadtaco
      last edited by

      [Sketchup Pro 2015]
      I've been working on a large length of roadway, and have been adding imagery through geolocation along the way. I have been adding imagery all day without issues, but as of an hour ago, I went to add more imagery and realized that the "Select Region" button doesn't do anything anymore. I click it, and the compass/scale disappear but the region select box doesn't appear.

      I've reset Sketchup and started a new drawing, and it's still not working. The interesting thing is that it keeps showing the last location I was trying to add imagery from. It used to show the global Earth view and I'd have to type in a location for it to show up.

      I cleared out all of my temp files thinking it may be a cache issue, but no luck there either.

      I noticed a post saying the 3d warehouse was just updated very recently, and the geolocation page references the 3d warehouse page here:

      3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/addlocation.html

      Is it just screwed up for me or are others having this issue?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • cottyC
        cotty
        last edited by

        It's broken for me too.

        my SketchUp gallery

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • cottyC
          cotty
          last edited by

          We're not alone...
          http://forums.sketchup.com/t/select-region-button-doesnt-go-away-after-i-click-on-it/8720/11

          my SketchUp gallery

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • S
            szumlanski
            last edited by

            Let's get those support tickets submitted... We need to show how serious of a problem this is for those of us that use it daily (hourly for me).

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • cottyC
              cotty
              last edited by

              It's fixed!

              my SketchUp gallery

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • B
                bjanzen
                last edited by

                @cotty said:

                It's fixed!

                Yup, our update affected this (it's served from 3dwarehouse). Sorry, thanks for your patience.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                • 1 / 1
                • First post
                  Last post
                Buy SketchPlus
                Buy SUbD
                Buy WrapR
                Buy eBook
                Buy Modelur
                Buy Vertex Tools
                Buy SketchCuisine
                Buy FormFonts

                Advertisement