sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    OSX Yosemite is coming...Problems?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    43 Posts 15 Posters 7.1k Views 15 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      driven
      last edited by

      I've had a couple of safari freezes, but all versions of SU seem to be ok...

      learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        driven
        last edited by

        does maximise make SU use Full Screen mode, or is that just me?

        I do use my own nib and have had Full Screen mode since v7, but it was always a separate right hand side pair of arrows...
        yos_full_Screen.png
        john

        learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • M
          mk11
          last edited by

          I've been running Yosemite Beta since V3 - been having issues under 3 and 4 with SU crashing constantly when using the outliner. Beta5 made earlier this week seemed to have fixed the issue and I have not had much time to test since the final version was released yesterday. Will do some more testing over the weekend and report.

          Marc Kleinmann
          SU Pro 2015
          Mac & Win

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • D
            driven
            last edited by

            There is an issue with 3DText and attempting to open the Fonts window...

            it will crash...

            there is some old code lurking in Bugsplat as well as the 3dtext window...

            so I guarantee a crash...

            john

            learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • W
              Warped9
              last edited by

              I'm hesitant to upgrade to Yosemite until I know there won't be any problems with SketchUp.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                driven
                last edited by

                I think Yosemite will be sorted long before SU....

                learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • pbacotP
                  pbacot
                  last edited by

                  @driven said:

                  I think Yosemite will be sorted long before SU....

                  Heh, I think he means any MORE problems than with OSX. πŸ˜‰

                  MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Mike LuceyM
                    Mike Lucey
                    last edited by

                    I'm going to tread softly with regard to upgrading to Yosemite until all the wrinkles are ironed out. In the meantime I might opt for,

                    How to Make a Bootable OS X Yosemite USB Install Key
                    http://www.iclarified.com/44701/how-to-make-a-bootable-os-x-yosemite-usb-install-key

                    Support us so we can support you! Upgrade to Premium Membership!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • W
                      Warped9
                      last edited by

                      All my OSX upgrades over the years went smoothly with no problems except Mavericks, and that wrinkle was minor. For some reason it failed to recognize mt wi-fi modem (a Linksys). Nothing I could do could fix it as it seemed to be an issue of compatibility. In the end I got myself an Airport Express and problem solved.

                      Recently I upgraded to iOs8 for my iPad 2 and I find it's a bit wonky in overall perfprmance. I think it's a touch slower in response than iOs7 and Safari can be slow and unresponsive at times. Obviously bugs that need to be fixed.

                      None of this has anything to do with Yosemite, but based on what others have said here I'll wait before upgrading.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        driven
                        last edited by

                        @driven said:

                        There is an issue with 3DText and attempting to open the Fonts window...

                        Narrowed this down to simply trying to open the Font Dialog

                        learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • M
                          mk11
                          last edited by

                          I'm still having an issue w the outliner crashing SU.

                          Marc Kleinmann
                          SU Pro 2015
                          Mac & Win

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • mariochaM
                            mariocha
                            last edited by

                            @mk11 said:

                            I'm still having an issue w the outliner crashing SU.

                            Hum... works fine here.

                            %(#008000)[Mario C.
                            Every rule has exceptions, but some.]

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • F
                              freebs
                              last edited by

                              @driven said:

                              does maximise make SU use Full Screen mode, or is that just me?

                              I do use my own nib and have had Full Screen mode since v7, but it was always a separate right hand side pair of arrows...
                              [attachment=0:2clp5p1j]<!-- ia0 -->yos_full_Screen.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2clp5p1j]
                              john

                              Maximize in Yosemite can be controlled: Click the green button and you'll get OS X Fullscreen mode on any app, by default. If you hold down Option while clicking the green button, you get the more familiar Maximize window, while leaving the Menus visible.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • D
                                driven
                                last edited by

                                cheers,

                                I literally found that three clicks before you posted.lol

                                so does SU go full screen now?

                                john

                                learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • M
                                  marcdurant
                                  last edited by

                                  I believe that the outliner crash only happens if there are "hidden" components/groups.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • D
                                    driven
                                    last edited by

                                    @
                                    marc
                                    are others reporting 'Show Font' issues?

                                    also orbit from middle mouse appears to be toast...

                                    john

                                    learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • O
                                      otb designworks
                                      last edited by

                                      @driven said:

                                      @

                                      also orbit from middle mouse appears to be toast...

                                      john

                                      !! Seriously? That is catastrophic. That one thing will keep me from Yosemite forever. Terrible news...

                                      Cheers, Chuck

                                      OTB Designworks is on Youtube

                                      6 core nMP, 32 gig RAM, (2) D700 GPU's, dual monitors

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • D
                                        driven
                                        last edited by

                                        @otb designworks said:

                                        !! Seriously? That is catastrophic.

                                        After trying a zillion things, I bought a new Β£7 [$10] mouse and all is fine...

                                        john

                                        learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • O
                                          otb designworks
                                          last edited by

                                          @driven said:

                                          @otb designworks said:

                                          !! Seriously? That is catastrophic.

                                          After trying a zillion things, I bought a new Β£7 [$10] mouse and all is fine...

                                          john

                                          Weird, but at least you got it sorted. Thanks for the update

                                          Cheers, Chuck

                                          OTB Designworks is on Youtube

                                          6 core nMP, 32 gig RAM, (2) D700 GPU's, dual monitors

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • jeff hammondJ
                                            jeff hammond
                                            last edited by

                                            @freebs said:

                                            Maximize in Yosemite can be controlled: Click the green button and you'll get OS X Fullscreen mode on any app, by default. If you hold down Option while clicking the green button, you get the more familiar Maximize window, while leaving the Menus visible.

                                            hmm.. are you sure about that?

                                            my understanding is that the full screen icon which used to be at the top right has been moved to the green button.. if you push option, it changes to the old + (zoom)..

                                            but, the application needs to be coded as a full screen application in order for it to go full screen.. sketchup isn't a full screen app..
                                            or are you saying that you can make sketchup full screen? (john's example doesn't count.. he's a tinkerer πŸ˜‰ )

                                            dotdotdot

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 1 / 3
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement