sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Cabriole Legs

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Woodworking
    15 Posts 7 Posters 2.3k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Dave RD
      Dave R
      last edited by

      All the joinery is complete. Only the drawers pulls and lock escutcheon left to draw.
      Lowboy WIP.png

      Etaoin Shrdlu

      %

      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

      M30

      %

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Dave RD
        Dave R
        last edited by

        This'll do I guess.
        Lowboy.png

        Etaoin Shrdlu

        %

        (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

        G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

        M30

        %

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • M
          mwm5053
          last edited by

          👍

          2011 iMac
          SU 2015 Pro, 2017 Make
          V2 Twilight
          macOS Sierra 10.12.5

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • cottyC
            cotty
            last edited by

            Nice!

            my SketchUp gallery

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • BoxB
              Box
              last edited by

              I'm sure there is some sort of medicated ointment that'll sort them out for you.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • S
                slbaumgartner
                last edited by

                Very nice Dave! I have tried various methods for smoothing the "corners" of cabriole legs, with mixed success and often a lot of work needed to get the area around the top of the foot right. I'd be very interested in any info you can provide on how you went about this.

                Steve

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Dave RD
                  Dave R
                  last edited by

                  I'll see if I can make the mesh view this evening.

                  A tutorial will be coming but it needs some refining, first.

                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                  %

                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                  M30

                  %

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • pbacotP
                    pbacot
                    last edited by

                    Hidden Geometry view?

                    MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Dave RD
                      Dave R
                      last edited by

                      Lowboy hidden.png

                      Etaoin Shrdlu

                      %

                      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                      M30

                      %

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        db11
                        last edited by

                        Beautiful modeling Dave.

                        Quick question: though I realize it's not part of this piece's design, have you tried modeling a cabriole leg with a ball-and-claw foot in SketchUp?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Dave RD
                          Dave R
                          last edited by

                          Hi Doug,

                          Thank you.

                          I have done a ball and claw foot in the past and it was a regular PIA. I imagine I could do one more easily with the method I used for most of this leg, though. I hadn't thought about it before.

                          Etaoin Shrdlu

                          %

                          (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                          G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                          M30

                          %

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • pbacotP
                            pbacot
                            last edited by

                            Wow that's a big image. Thanks for sharing the mesh view. Cool!

                            MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            • 1 / 1
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement